Sannhet wrote:Below is the (mainly-)hostile obituary published .....
(1) No mention that Zundel's stated reason for emigration in 1958 was strong pacifism (military service was mandatory in West Germany at the time); nor of his continued pacifism throughout life. (i.e., that he was not some cartoonish Hollywood 'neo-Nazi' calling for violence.)
(2) Vague assertions that the Leuchter Report is 'discredited' but no mention of the Rudolf Report.
(3) More space given to quotations from busybody Deborah Lipstadt alone than to quotations from Ernst Zundel himself.
(4) Much space for what turns out to be the final politically relevant act of Zundel's life -- his 2017 travel ban against entering the USA (See CODOH thread here: Ernst Zundel has been banned from the USA (April 2017) for 'showing no regret for Holocaust denial'.
(5) On the positive side, thee obituary mentions Dr. Faurisson and Ditlieb Felderer by name.
(6) Another example of the writer's laziness; he calls David Irving "the world’s best-known Holocaust denier."
They just skip what might be dangerous for their narrative. Pointing out the pacifism and this as reason for his emigration would damage the propped up image of the "Holocaust Denying Neonazi". Neglecting to mention the Rudolf Report and that Leuchter's works was hastily established pioneering work keeps the story frozen. Also: They don't mention that up to today they don't have any serious forensic work proving the homicidal use of the morgues, which they nevertheless call "gas chambers".
Anyway, Ernst Zundel can be credited with breaching the Holocaust Wall. He brought questioning the Myth on the agenda and the Holocaust Lobby has been on the defensive ever since.