Article 19 of the UN Human Rights Charter explicitly states: "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."

Plaque at Auschwitz has 340,000 dead

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!

Plaque at Auschwitz has 340,000 dead

Postby steve » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:04 pm

Check this out.

Translation:
During the period of this camp's existence 405,222 prisoners -- men, women and children -- were entered in the books. Of this number, around 340,000 persons perished at Auschwitz and in the other camps.
http://www.fpp.co.uk/Auschwitz/docs/controversies/deathroll/340_000_plaque.html

There seems to have been some sort of plaque at Auschwitz referring to (only) 340,000 people perishing there.
Now, as (rudely) noted by a Sergey Romanov, (I think he was a poster here at one time), the plaque seems to refer to registered ("...were entered in the books. ...") inmates.

Now, I must admit, that did seem to be a possible loophole. However, Irving's comment seems dead on. That is, why would any plaque refer only to the deaths of registered inmates? Why not everyone who died, registered or otherwise?

Comments?

Steve
steve
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Bergmann » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:53 pm

This idea that mostly non-registered inmates were gassed in Auschwitz/Birkenau came about when the death books were discovered with numbers substantially below the various numbers of victims claimed up to that time (9 million down to 4 million and now to million).

This is in this case also known as damage control.
Bergmann
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Hannover » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:27 pm

Of this "340,000" we should still allow for self serving inflation, which was obviously less absurd than it is now.

Those of 'holocau$t' Industry have ignored time honored advice; 'tell the truth, it's easier to remember'.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:47 am

There's another thread somewhere on this exact same subject, but I can't find it.

The key point from a poster named "TheTruth" (if I remember right,) was that they didn't originally say the number of deaths were only 340,000 and then inflate the number years later. In fact in that other thread I think it was mentioned that a reporter might have made a mistake and listed the recorded deaths as "total deaths" or something like that. I think this isn't a plaque. I think it's from a newsreel report or something like that. It's not a "smoking gun" for revisionists at all.

In that thread I remember David Irving was put down a bit for even putting it on his site.

The 6 million figure, the recorded deaths, the non recorded deaths at Auschwitz: all that was put forth at Nuremberg, based on the Soviet Extraordinary Commission reports I believe.
Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby kk » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:19 pm

I always thought that the 'death books' refered to about 75000 deaths of
Auschwitz inmates. If we allow for the books of the two missing periods
the toll could swell up to a maximum of 135000 deaths, give or take 10%.

Are there new facts on this topic?
Where did this 300000 number crop from?
kk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Bergmann » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:25 am

You maybe referring to "1948 Aushwitz Newsreel" at http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... t=newsreel

The name of the poster is HarvestOfSorrow
Bergmann
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby kk » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:15 pm

My fault:
I 'm not refering to the newsreels that can be watched in Irving's site,
neither to the alleged plaque. I mean only facts.

If we assume that there were more than 150000 unregistered deaths in Auschwitz,
we may as well embrace the exterminationists' angle of events ,
or suppose that there were about 100 dead people DOA for every train
that stopped in Auschwitz for 1500 consecutive days.

I can't swallow that...
kk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Return to 'Holocaust' Debate / Comments / News
Bear