Auschwitz: The Comedy

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Cloud
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Auschwitz: The Comedy

Postby Cloud » 5 years 9 months ago (Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:18 pm)

Denierbud has created a new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbJDZcPJ1lc

Feel free to leave comments on there and discuss it here, as well. If it gets removed, go to his site to see it. The viewcount is currently at 312 despite the video receiving over 100 comments.
Last edited by Cloud on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Auschwitz: The Comedy

Postby Kingfisher » 5 years 9 months ago (Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:32 pm)

I'm a Denierbud fan: his videos finally tipped the scales for me. It was on watching Buchenwald, a dumb, dumb story of evil that I understood how the myth took off came to be universally believed.

But I have reservations about his approach here. Sure, I understand why he feels like a bit of light relief, a bit of mockery and sarcasm, and many of the already converted will love it. But that's not the point, is it? We have to look at the impact on our target audience, the people who now believe in the Holocaust and in whose heads we are hoping to plant some doubts. Because of the particular (highly professional) way the Holocaust has been marketed, most such people will react very negatively to this approach and switch off, most probably literally, but if not, in terms of receptivity. We have to be as professional as the opposition, not only in the video production (where Denierbud is superb) but also in the PR.

I have similar reservations too about the use of "lies". Of course it's based on a lie -- a propaganda lie -- but that doesn't mean the people who propagate the story today do not believe it. The whole world believes it, so why wouldn't they? Even with the "survivors" like Zizblatt, it's more complicated... probably a large measure of confusion, inflated self-importance, allowing herself to be led by interviewers, false memory syndrome and self-delusion. Regardless of that, the unsubtle approach of just calling the other side liars is counterproductive. Again it will create negative reactions. A strong motivation for me to look at "Holocaust Denial" was the other side caling Revisionsists "liars". Name-calling is both wrong and doesn't work.

Of course, in much of the video, Denierbud puts the comedy to one side and just gives a straight production like in his other works. And here he is as good as ever.

stefanob

Postby stefanob » 5 years 9 months ago (Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:49 pm)

I share Kingfisher's reservations. At least partially, because this approach may have an impact on those who believe but superficially, who are not Believers but just never considered to make up their mind about the Holocaust.
Comedy and humour are a good path in this sense.

But for me it was FUN :lol:
I am not a native english speaker, so please forgive errors and weird syntax

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 5 years 9 months ago (Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:57 pm)

I don't think comedy or humour are appropriate here. Partly for the PR reasons I've already cited, but also because the reality of Auschwitz was pretty awful. Not necessarily always the fault of the German authorities, though given official attitudes to Jews they must have felt at liberty to express hatred and contempt in a practical manner. As well as the rigors of confinement in itself and disease, power in the hands of Kapos drawn largely from the ranks of common criminal prisoners will have led to the kinds of victimisation and brutality common to prison situations. That others suffered similar or worse in the war does not change this. I feel uncomfortable with this. The reaction of ordinary people, who have been taught that all Revisionists are vicious anti-semites, will be considerably stronger.

I trod carefully in my first post but I'm going to say it unequivocally: I was and still am a great admirer of Denierbud's work, but for me, he has made an ill-advised choice in this case.

KostasL
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby KostasL » 5 years 9 months ago (Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:52 pm)

Kingfisher wrote:I trod carefully in my first post but I'm going to say it unequivocally: I was and still am a great admirer of Denierbud's work, but for me, he has made an ill-advised choice in this case.

I see your point...but IF i chose two words for the holocaust, these would be outrageous and ridiculous...

Also given the time and all the info available to the people, it is ridiculous to still believe in the holocaust...

So, you see, this comedy approach fits well...
When you realize that the Holocaust is a LIE, then all of a sudden, ALL your questions, ALL bizarre and strange things, disappear, and ALL things make sense, at last.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 5 years 9 months ago (Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:52 am)

KostasL wrote:I see your point...but IF i chose two words for the holocaust, these would be outrageous and ridiculous...

Also given the time and all the info available to the people, it is ridiculous to still believe in the holocaust...

I see your point too, but given the total monopoly of the media by the purveyors of the Authorised Version, the taboo in academia, the vilification of dissent and the vicious legal repression, I find it anything but ridiculous: I find it perfectly understandable. We have to communicate to people that we understand the reasons for their current belief, but that we think they are mistaken, and for reasons we than present... Ridiculing their current belief is not a good first step in this process.

KostasL wrote:So, you see, this comedy approach fits well...

Fits well for you. But does it fit well for the target audience? To me that is the key question, indeed the only question that matters. And there I see the impact as being negative. Up to now, Denierbud's strength has been his quiet reasonableness.

The world in general does not find the Holocaust "outrageous and ridiculous", and I don't think that using ridicule is going to change that. It is more likely to reinforce their current view.

Postby Moderator » 5 years 9 months ago (Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:46 pm)

Hans,
Your litany of topics which you believe to be incorrect about this video need to be addressed in separate threads per specific complaint. You're not new here and know the guidelines. I have saved your post if you want it back. BTW, there are existing threads on each of you complaints.
Mod1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

The Warden
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby The Warden » 5 years 9 months ago (Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:21 am)

1. I have no way of knowing if this is actually the same person who made the OTOTH videos.
2. If it is, it seems as if the person speaking has reached the level of frustration one gets from repeating themselves in vain.
3. Comedy can be used to reach a new audience or used by scammers to attack the credibility of the original person.

All in all, nothing new here.
I'm not going to like a video simply because of a name attached to it.
Why the Holocaust Industry exists:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A81P6YGw_c

Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Dresden » 5 years 9 months ago (Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:37 am)

The Warden said:

"I have no way of knowing if this is actually the same person who made the OTOTH videos"

Yeah.....I know what you mean, Warden.
Maybe someone else made the video and held Denierbud at gun-point, and forced him to do the narration! :lol:

"If it is, it seems as if the person speaking has reached the level of frustration one gets from repeating themselves in vain"

I'm sure he intentionally expressed that feeling in the video; especially at the end where he spoke of "escaping the gas chamber...if you will", and going to the beach to have a beer with his friends, and forget about it.
People watching the video will see him, not as a "neo-Nazi" who gets a kick out of making fun of Jews; but as someone who is doing his duty to spread what he believes to be the truth.

"Comedy can be used to reach a new audience or used by scammers to attack the credibility of the original person"

That's right, Warden!
So, do you think this video will "reach a new audience".....or do you think it damages Denierbud's credibility?

"All in all, nothing new here"

What "new" stuff would you have added to the video?

"I'm not going to like a video simply because of a name attached to it"

So, do you think it would have been better if he had left "This video is dedicated to Bradley R. Smith" out of the video?
"I am willing to go to prison for the sake of the truth and the German nation. ... You are determined to destroy my convictions by imprisoning me, but it is beyond your power to do so." - Sylvia Stolz

Cloud
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Cloud » 5 years 9 months ago (Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:44 am)

1. I have no way of knowing if this is actually the same person who made the OTOTH videos.

How do we know if the posts made by the user "The Warden" on CODOH are all coming from the same person and not multiple individuals? What if the posts are not made by one or more human beings, but by a highly sophisticated computer program that passes Turing's test with flying colors? We have no way real way of knowing...

The Warden
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby The Warden » 5 years 9 months ago (Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:38 am)

Steve F wrote:So, do you think this video will "reach a new audience"

No.

Steve F wrote:.....or do you think it damages Denierbud's credibility?

Yes.

Steve F wrote:What "new" stuff would you have added to the video?

There isn't anything "new" to add, which is why I believe this video was made out of frustration and used as "signing off".
I don't believe you'll see another "denierbud" video again.

Steve F wrote:So, do you think it would have been better if he had left "This video is dedicated to Bradley R. Smith" out of the video?

The dedication has no impact whatsoever. I was referring to the name "denierbud" being attached to the video.
To reiterate, just because a name is attached to a video, doesn't necessarily mean it's good or bad based on previous work, and I will continue to base my opinion on the content of the video and not the creator. This video offered nothing new.

The Warden
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby The Warden » 5 years 9 months ago (Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:39 am)

Cloud wrote:How do we know if the posts made by the user "The Warden" on CODOH are all coming from the same person and not multiple individuals?

You don't.

Cloud wrote:What if the posts are not made by one or more human beings, but by a highly sophisticated computer program that passes Turing's test with flying colors?

Do I really need to answer to what-ifs?

Cloud wrote:We have no way real way of knowing...

No, you don't.
That would be the point.

Cloud
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Cloud » 5 years 9 months ago (Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:03 am)

This video offered nothing new.

Very well. Why not create something new yourself?

The Warden
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby The Warden » 5 years 9 months ago (Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:05 pm)

Cloud wrote:
This video offered nothing new.

Very well. Why not create something new yourself?

I believe I stated there isn't anything new to add in the same post you decided to respond to.
Please pay attention and stop trying to make me the subject.
I didn't make this video, and only offered my opinion on it.
It's obvious you have some sort of loyalty to the maker of the video regardless of content.

Postby Moderator » 5 years 9 months ago (Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:33 pm)

Warden, Cloud:
Please stop the one on one. If the video provides information that is interesting to someone, fine. If someone finds it to be "old news", fine as well. There's no need to disrupt the thread.
Mod1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Comments / News”