Article 19 of the UN Human Rights Charter explicitly states: "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."

BBC article: " 'Iranian Schindler' who saved Jews from Nazis

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!

BBC article: " 'Iranian Schindler' who saved Jews from Nazis

Postby Mkk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:11 am

An article from the BBC on a Schindler like Iranian, who saved some Jews from the "death camps"- i.e, being deported to the East or going back home. A few things to comment on:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16190541

The woman claims she was 7 years old when she tried to escape France. She is 78 now, so that means she tried to escape in 1940 or so, before there was any policy of extermination. I don't know what would have happened to this girl if she was captured. Sent to one of the camps? Maybe. Not killed, in any case.

Thousands of Iranian Jews and their descendants owe their lives

Ah, the classic propaganda tactic of the "big lie". No evidence whatsoever these people owe their lives to this man, but let's say it anyway. He is also likened to Schindler- who, ofcourse, was a real person, but the BBC deceptively say his story was "immortalized" by Hollywood, when in reality the book and film are fiction drawing on a bit of real history. They say he saved 1000 Jews by employing them in his factory, but, again, no proof they would be killed if deported.

But Sardari somehow managed to carry on helping families escape from Paris, at a time when an estimated 100,000 Jews were deported from France to death camps.

Even historians will admit the number was about 70,000, and there is a lot of evidence that they were either registered, or ended up in the Eastern territories.

As usual, the BBC has to throw in some more anti-Nazi propaganda, this time on the whole "Aryan" canard:
Although officially neutral, Iran was keen to maintain its strong trading relationship with Germany. This arrangement suited Hitler. The Nazi propaganda machine declared Iranians an Aryan nation and racially akin to the Germans.

I don't know of any Nazi propaganda about this, but as far as I can tell "Aryan" meant white, or atleast white Germanic. Some Iranians are white, while some are darker skinned. Well, there's some debate as to whether Iranians are white so I will leave that here.

Then there's some more stuff, with another propaganda sub-heading, "racial purity", can't the BBC do better than this? The article forgets to mention the persecution of Jews in France was helped by the anti-Jewish Vichy regime.
"Truth is hate for those who hate the truth"- Auchwitz lies, p.13
Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: BBC article: " 'Iranian Schindler' who saved Jews from N

Postby Mkk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 am

Infact, in that infamous "Untermensch" book, there is a reference to "Aryan persians": (Iranians)

It began in the historical time of the annihilation of the Persians, the Purim Fest, the first glorification of organized mass murder. 75,000 Aryan Persians fell victim to Jewish hatred. Even today, Jewry celebrates this deed of horror as its greatest "religious" holiday.
"Truth is hate for those who hate the truth"- Auchwitz lies, p.13
Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Return to 'Holocaust' Debate / Comments / News
Bear