Almost a Third of People doubt the Holocaust

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
EtienneSC
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Almost a Third of People doubt the Holocaust

Postby EtienneSC » 3 years 2 months ago (Wed May 14, 2014 4:11 pm)

Here is the surprisingly positive response to a large international survey in 2014 by the US-based Anti Defamation League that included a questions on the Holocaust:
Only 54 percent of the people surveyed by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) in a massive, global poll have ever heard of the Holocaust. Even more disturbing, 32 percent of these believe the event to have been greatly exaggerated or a myth.
http://news.yahoo.com/half-people-surveyed-adl-dont-know-holocaust-201510025.html
http://global100.adl.org/public/ADL-Global-100-Executive-Summary.pdf

However, of the 32% doubters, seven eighths believe it has been exaggerated and only one eighth believe it is a myth (page 39).

Summary graphs (click to enlarge):
ADL_holocaust_survey1.PNG
ADL Holocaust Survey 1

ADL_holocaust_survey2.PNG
ADL Holocaust Survey 2

There may be a problem with rounding. The ADL report seems to be inconsistent, as it says 35% of people have never heard of the holocaust (page 7), but 54% of respondents have heard of the holocaust (page 11), which leaves 11% unaccounted for. Only 33% have both heard of the holocaust and believe it has been accurately described by history (page 11).

In the Americas, of the 77% who have heard of the holocaust, 21% think it was a myth or an exaggeration (page 14).
In West Europe, of the 94% who have heard of the holocaust, 11% think it was a myth or exaggeration (page 15).
The same figures for:
Eastern Europe: 84%/24%
Asia: 44%/41%
Sub-Saharan Africa: 24%/44%
Middle East: 38%/63%
Oceania (i.e. mostly Australia): 93%/8%.
English-speaking countries are more sympathetic to the Jews generally than other nations.

Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Almost a Third of People doubt the Holocaust

Postby Dresden » 3 years 2 months ago (Wed May 14, 2014 4:32 pm)

EtienneSC:

If you believe ANYTHING the ADL says, you've got a looooooooooooonnnng, loooooooong way to go in your "Truth seeking" journey!

Cui Bono?

Who benefits from such a report?

32% of people believe the "holocaust" is either exaggerated or a myth, therefore we need stronger Holocaust denial laws; we also need more Holohoax "education"!
And of course all that takes a lot of MONEY!

Cha-ching!

Do your own poll, EtienneSC; go to a shopping mall and find out how many "holocaust" doubters there are.

I can save you the trouble and tell you that there are no more than 2 or 3%, and I'm serious when I say that 3% might be an exaggeration.

On the internet there might be 4 to 6%, but in the "real" world.....not a chance!
"I am willing to go to prison for the sake of the truth and the German nation. ... You are determined to destroy my convictions by imprisoning me, but it is beyond your power to do so." - Sylvia Stolz

-JFK-

Postby -JFK- » 3 years 2 months ago (Wed May 14, 2014 5:02 pm)

32% of 54% is 17.3%, percentages of percentages is one of the basic ways of misleading the livestock, anything the 'Pro Defamation League' says is said with a 'clear hidden purpose'.
Real percentages for the Americas and western Europe would be 16.2% and 10.3% respectively, closer to the truth though still a depressingly small number.

Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Dresden » 3 years 2 months ago (Wed May 14, 2014 5:56 pm)

JFK said:

"Real percentages for the Americas and western Europe would be 16.2% and 10.3% respectively, closer to the truth though still a depressingly small number"

I don't know where you're getting that information, JFK.

The total of people who think it's a myth(Revisionists) for The Americas and Eastern Europe is 2%(see the blue area in the second graph)

The total for Western Europe is 1%(ditto)

I didn't even look at the graphs when I posted my first comment; I was simply going by EtienneSC's appraisal, but the graph actually coincides perfectly with my own guesstimation due to life experience.

You say that "for the Americas and western Europe...16.2% and 10.3% respectively" is "a depressingly small number".

That wouldn't be "depressing"; that would be a miracle that almost no Revisionist believes will be accomplished in his/her lifetime.....even if they're only eighteen years old.

If you did your own poll in an American city and came up with 16.2% of people who believe the Holocaust is a myth, then you must have conducted your poll at a Revisionist convention.....before the audience showed up!
"I am willing to go to prison for the sake of the truth and the German nation. ... You are determined to destroy my convictions by imprisoning me, but it is beyond your power to do so." - Sylvia Stolz

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 3 years 2 months ago (Wed May 14, 2014 8:05 pm)

How accurate the number is debatable, as is anything espoused by the racist ADL. However, this may get people to start thinking that Revisionism is not a just 'few loners' without foundation. In effect the number normalizes so called "holocaust denial". And that is a good thing.

The tide is turning.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 3 years 2 months ago (Thu May 15, 2014 3:00 am)

There are a number of sub texts running here. These include those who know little about the holocaust, those who don't care either way, those who wouldn't speak openly even if they did doubt it etc.

What's clear to me as Steve F says is that the ADL etc are afraid that there is a slippage in the system of indoctrination and that there could be money out there for them to re-establish control of the sheeples.

As for my personal experiences I have yet to meet anyone who doubts the holocaust narrative and most who I broach the subject with are shocked at me for doubting it and then go into the usual 'It doesn't matter how many died...' and 'But I've seen the films...'.

The easiest form of winning discussion I find is to obliterate the six million myth, that seems quite easy then I try to move on into the intent and method etc. But it is always an uphill struggle and I can see the look on their faces that they now think I am a neo nazi lunatic.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

Spect3r

Postby Spect3r » 3 years 2 months ago (Thu May 15, 2014 7:01 am)

I do not know about USA has i have little reference/knowledge to talk about it.
But on the Western European case and based of what i can see for the people i talk with regarding this matter, i don't think the 10% figure would be that exaggerated.
I see that a lot of my friend aged 25-40 believe that the numbers are inflated/largely inflated and i see some older people with some serious doubts about the entire story.
I think, because it is a subject people are afraid to talk in public, the real number of people that doubts/do no believes in the Holocaust always appear lower.
Just my opinion.

About this survey, what i find amazing is that out of it, they took the brilliant conclusion that 1 in 4 persons are Anti-Semitic
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/14/world ... ?hpt=wo_c2

Godfred

Postby Godfred » 3 years 2 months ago (Thu May 15, 2014 7:33 am)

If 40 % of ISRAELI arabs doubt (in 2009) the standard storyline, I have no trouble believing these numbers. Israel has heavy propaganda teaching on the subject and holo denial is criminalized (IIRC).

Furthermore, given the taboo of the subject you could expect some people to lie about what they really think (especially if suspecting the anonymity of the poll).

Some 40.5 percent of Israeli Arabs believe the Holocaust never occurred, according to the results of a University of Haifa poll released Sunday...

http://www.haaretz.com/news/poll-40-of- ... d-1.276190

hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby hermod » 3 years 2 months ago (Thu May 15, 2014 9:43 am)

How is that possible?

[»And what about this? Isn't this evidence enough???«]

[»That can't be a hoax!«]

:twisted:
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

Spect3r

Postby Spect3r » 3 years 2 months ago (Thu May 15, 2014 10:21 am)

hermod wrote:

:twisted:

They are all pretty good, but i really enjoy this one.
Oh the innocence of a child...

-JFK-

Postby -JFK- » 3 years 2 months ago (Thu May 15, 2014 2:57 pm)

@ Steve F

There seems to be a misunderstanding here,
What I meant to say was that the numbers in the ADL survey should not be interpreted to say one third of the total population doubts the Holocaust,
32% doubters out of the 54% of people with knowledge about the Holocaust is not one third , but 17% so closer to one fifth.
My comment about that still being a depressingly small number was just a personal opinion, even though it might actually be considered a great victory for revisionism where it to be achieved.

EtienneSC
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby EtienneSC » 3 years 2 months ago (Thu May 15, 2014 3:09 pm)

-JFK- wrote:What I meant to say was that the numbers in the ADL survey should not be interpreted to say one third of the total population doubts the Holocaust,
32% doubters out of the 54% of people with knowledge about the Holocaust is not one third , but 17% so closer to one fifth.
This is a fair point. I would be better to say something like "One Third of People who have an Opinion doubt the Holocaust" but that would not fit in the space. The limitation comes across well enough in the content of my contribution.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 3 years 2 months ago (Sat May 17, 2014 1:16 pm)

That's for sure more positive then the usual 10% figure they are peddling.

I recall "Der Spiegel" publishing something like that once with surveys after and before the soap opera "Holocaust" was aired in Germany. Seems the figures of believers went up then.

Review

Postby Review » 1 year 7 months ago (Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:51 pm)

-JFK- wrote:@ Steve F

There seems to be a misunderstanding here,
What I meant to say was that the numbers in the ADL survey should not be interpreted to say one third of the total population doubts the Holocaust,
My comment about that still being a depressingly small number was just a personal opinion, even though it might actually be considered a great victory for revisionism where it to be achieved.

Actually, that depends on what you are looking for; the absolute number of skeptics or the relative amount of (believers turned) skeptics.

Compare: if I was to poll how many people believe the bombing of Dresden (just an example) was a war crime, I would probably not do the polling among people in Papua New Guinea or Congo, who very likely never have heard of the bombing.

This ONE THIRD number actually implies that 1/3 of Russian, European, American and large swaths of ME peoples (places where I presume the Holocaust is taught in schools) were skeptical of the narrative.

Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Dresden » 1 year 7 months ago (Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:39 pm)

Review said:

"I would probably not do the polling among people in Papua New Guinea or Congo....."

Don't underestimate those people, Review....."Holocaust Denial" is even spreading to unexpected places.

If you want proof.....watch this video:

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Comments / News”