Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
1. Hanfstaengl had a personal relationship with both Teddy and Franklin Roosevelt, from their Harvard days;
2. Hanfstaengl gave Hitler financial and moral support in the dire aftermath of the Beer Hall putsch;
3. Putzi encouraged Hitler to write Mein Kampf;
4. Among the financial support Putzi provided was financing the publisher of Mein Kampf;
5. Putzi brought Mein Kampf & Hitler to the attention of FDR;
6. The story is that Putzi first joined NS party, then recanted, then went to USA and provided information to FDR administration, then was cast aside by FDR.
Hanfstaengl had a certain amount of wealth, but I wonder if he functioned more like a conduit -- certainly US corporations were heavily invested in Germany -- Ford, Standard Oil, etc. Prescott Bush's bank made major loans to German businesses.
The Hanfstaengl angle makes my tinfoil hat think that Putzi recruited Hitler for the use of FDR -- it's not as crazy as it sounds: USA used Saddam to destroy Iran, then destroyed Saddam & Iraq.
nb. When I see those massive parades with all the hakenkreuze banners and the sharp uniforms, the first thing that comes to mind is, Who paid for all that pageantry? Just the yard goods in those banners -- waving over a bankrupt nation???
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests