Platform at Auschwitz/Birkebau?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
cold beer
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Platform at Auschwitz/Birkebau?

Postby cold beer » 3 days 11 hours ago (Tue May 04, 2021 6:03 am)

This is a minor detail but I'm asking because it goes towards the credibility of so-called witnesses.
Why do some of these 'witnesses' use the term platform when they describe arriving at the camp while other describe old people trying to jump off the train cars or describe them being thrown off by 'Nazis'?
I've never seen a platform in any photos.
Was there a one?

Merlin300

Re: Platform at Auschwitz/Birkebau?

Postby Merlin300 » 7 hours 58 minutes ago (Fri May 07, 2021 9:25 am)

Good question regarding Auschwitz Main camp. I don't know but will do some research.

At Birkenau, as the number of housing, kitchens and hospital structures grew, the rail platform was extended.
Photographs of the "top secret" camp are common. The platform can be seen at in the Auschwitz Album. The best is the French version since
many of the photographs of happy detainees have been left out of the English version.

https://www.yadvashem.org/yv/en/exhibit ... /index.asp

The narrative strains to fit the photographs into the standard Nuremberg tales, ie. a huge death toll among the transported people, snarling dogs,
brutalized people, and the "gas chambers" hidden by a ring of trees, starving inmates.
The photographs show that these tales are pure propaganda lies.
Unarmed Germans wander between porters (long term detainees) helping and talking to the arriving people.
No dogs, no chimneys billowing black smoke. No ring of trees, no bodies, no over-packed rail cars.

People start the sanitary delousing process, cleaning of clothes, bath, hot shower. Large groups of people wander in the direction of the
bath facilities.

cold beer
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Platform at Auschwitz/Birkebau?

Postby cold beer » 21 minutes 32 seconds ago (Fri May 07, 2021 5:03 pm)

Thank you for the reply. I guess I just don't understand what they are referring to when they say a platform. I do not see in the album what I would expect. One witness described it as I envisioned it, a platform that you could walk out of the train on, so that you would not have to step or jump down.
And as you said those arrivals don't look like they've gone days with food or water. They don't look like distraught, from watching babies and elderly Jews die on the train. In fact most of them don't look like Jews.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”