Platform at Auschwitz/Birkebau?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
cold beer
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Platform at Auschwitz/Birkebau?

Postby cold beer » 1 month 2 weeks ago (Tue May 04, 2021 6:03 am)

This is a minor detail but I'm asking because it goes towards the credibility of so-called witnesses.
Why do some of these 'witnesses' use the term platform when they describe arriving at the camp while other describe old people trying to jump off the train cars or describe them being thrown off by 'Nazis'?
I've never seen a platform in any photos.
Was there a one?

Merlin300

Re: Platform at Auschwitz/Birkebau?

Postby Merlin300 » 1 month 1 week ago (Fri May 07, 2021 9:25 am)

Good question regarding Auschwitz Main camp. I don't know but will do some research.

At Birkenau, as the number of housing, kitchens and hospital structures grew, the rail platform was extended.
Photographs of the "top secret" camp are common. The platform can be seen at in the Auschwitz Album. The best is the French version since
many of the photographs of happy detainees have been left out of the English version.

https://www.yadvashem.org/yv/en/exhibit ... /index.asp

The narrative strains to fit the photographs into the standard Nuremberg tales, ie. a huge death toll among the transported people, snarling dogs,
brutalized people, and the "gas chambers" hidden by a ring of trees, starving inmates.
The photographs show that these tales are pure propaganda lies.
Unarmed Germans wander between porters (long term detainees) helping and talking to the arriving people.
No dogs, no chimneys billowing black smoke. No ring of trees, no bodies, no over-packed rail cars.

People start the sanitary delousing process, cleaning of clothes, bath, hot shower. Large groups of people wander in the direction of the
bath facilities.

cold beer
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby cold beer » 1 month 1 week ago (Fri May 07, 2021 5:03 pm)

Thank you for the reply. I guess I just don't understand what they are referring to when they say a platform. I do not see in the album what I would expect. One witness described it as I envisioned it, a platform that you could walk out of the train on, so that you would not have to step or jump down.
And as you said those arrivals don't look like they've gone days with food or water. They don't look like distraught, from watching babies and elderly Jews die on the train. In fact most of them don't look like Jews.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 month 5 days ago (Fri May 14, 2021 6:18 am)

cold beer wrote:This is a minor detail but I'm asking because it goes towards the credibility of so-called witnesses.
Why do some of these 'witnesses' use the term platform when they describe arriving at the camp while other describe old people trying to jump off the train cars or describe them being thrown off by 'Nazis'?
I've never seen a platform in any photos.
Was there a one?

The German word is "Rampe". I'd assume that this is what they are referring to. It's essentially a simple structure like at a train station elevating the level where people step out of it. That 'Rampe' or platform would not always reach everywhere, since the length of trains differs, due to the number of train cars.

If they ever were "thrown off by Nazis" can't be excluded. But I doubt that was standard procedure. The staff assisting with exiting the train cars was from the camp, as can be seen on the pictures.

At times force may have been used, when people didn't want to leave the train. Same as nowadays, if you don't want to climb off the bus.

cold beer
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby cold beer » 1 month 3 days ago (Sat May 15, 2021 7:53 pm)

My thought was that I could catch those that mention a platform in lie. I've never seen one in any photo, but proving it never existed looks unlikely.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 month 3 days ago (Sun May 16, 2021 3:01 am)

Merlin300 wrote:Good question regarding Auschwitz Main camp. I don't know but will do some research.

At Birkenau, as the number of housing, kitchens and hospital structures grew, the rail platform was extended.
Photographs of the "top secret" camp are common. The platform can be seen at in the Auschwitz Album. The best is the French version since
many of the photographs of happy detainees have been left out of the English version.

https://www.yadvashem.org/yv/en/exhibit ... /index.asp

The narrative strains to fit the photographs into the standard Nuremberg tales, ie. a huge death toll among the transported people, snarling dogs,
brutalized people, and the "gas chambers" hidden by a ring of trees, starving inmates.
The photographs show that these tales are pure propaganda lies.
Unarmed Germans wander between porters (long term detainees) helping and talking to the arriving people.
No dogs, no chimneys billowing black smoke. No ring of trees, no bodies, no over-packed rail cars.

People start the sanitary delousing process, cleaning of clothes, bath, hot shower. Large groups of people wander in the direction of the
bath facilities.

Indeed the Krema seem to be inactive:
The rest doesn't fit the narrative neither.

The photos were taken at the end of May or beginning of June 1944, either by Ernst Hofmann or by Bernhard Walter, two SS men whose task was to take ID photos and fingerprints of the inmates (not of the Jews who were sent directly to the gas chambers).

Those seem to be private photos, though. Something that is rather odd, if the narrative was true. Yad Vashem doesn't seem to have anything to back up the statement in brackets.

Where do we get the "French version"?

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 1 month 3 days ago (Sun May 16, 2021 3:58 am)

Does that picture not show a platform?
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

cold beer
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby cold beer » 1 month 3 days ago (Sun May 16, 2021 10:12 am)

borjastick wrote:Does that picture not show a platform?

Maybe it's me getting old but I don't see it.

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 1 month 3 days ago (Sun May 16, 2021 10:23 am)

cold beer wrote:

Well the rails to the left of the large group walking along are lower than they are. Look further to the left and see how the ground is higher than the rails, which probably means they are constructing a platform of some sort.

A platform doesn't have to be what we are used to today but a level flat wide area upon which to step down onto from a train.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

cold beer
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby cold beer » 1 month 3 days ago (Sun May 16, 2021 11:24 am)

borjastick wrote:
cold beer wrote:

Well the rails to the left of the large group walking along are lower than they are. Look further to the left and see how the ground is higher than the rails, which probably means they are constructing a platform of some sort.

A platform doesn't have to be what we are used to today but a level flat wide area upon which to step down onto from a train.

Yes, my attention was focused on finding a wooden or concrete structure of some kind, I didn't notice the elevation next to the track on the far left.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 1 month 2 days ago (Mon May 17, 2021 5:13 am)

On page 109 of Mattogno's most recent book, the fraudulent FG report is cited, showing that the document mentions the "Judenrampe"prior to its existence at Birkenau:

1) “The Jews arrive in special trains (freight cars) toward the evening and are moved on special tracks to sections of the camp specifically fenced off for this purpose.”

This is a clear reference to the so-called “Judenrampe”, the railway platform with three tracks that was located inside the Birkenau Camp where the special trains deporting Jews were unloaded. The problem is that at the beginning of May 1943 it did not exist yet, because it was handed over for use only on April 16, 1944, as a Reichsbahn employee communicated to the Auschwitz Central Construction Office on April 19, 1944.[150]

How could Pseudo-Franke-Gricksch “see” something that didn’t then exist?
[150] RGVA, 502-1-186, p. 49a.

Deliveries of Coke, Wood and Zyklon B to Auschwitz: Neither Proof nor Trace for the Holocaust
https://holocausthandbooks.com/index.php?page_id=40
PDF: https://holocausthandbooks.com/dl/40-docwazta.pdf
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
— Herbert Spencer

cold beer
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby cold beer » 1 month 23 hours ago (Tue May 18, 2021 6:01 pm)

Lamprecht wrote:On page 109 of Mattogno's most recent book, the fraudulent FG report is cited, showing that the document mentions the "Judenrampe"prior to its existence at Birkenau:

1) “The Jews arrive in special trains (freight cars) toward the evening and are moved on special tracks to sections of the camp specifically fenced off for this purpose.”

This is a clear reference to the so-called “Judenrampe”, the railway platform with three tracks that was located inside the Birkenau Camp where the special trains deporting Jews were unloaded. The problem is that at the beginning of May 1943 it did not exist yet, because it was handed over for use only on April 16, 1944, as a Reichsbahn employee communicated to the Auschwitz Central Construction Office on April 19, 1944.[150]

How could Pseudo-Franke-Gricksch “see” something that didn’t then exist?
[150] RGVA, 502-1-186, p. 49a.

Deliveries of Coke, Wood and Zyklon B to Auschwitz: Neither Proof nor Trace for the Holocaust
https://holocausthandbooks.com/index.php?page_id=40
PDF: https://holocausthandbooks.com/dl/40-docwazta.pdf

Excellent. I have to get more familiar with the timelines to more easily identify obvious lies.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”