U.S. Representative Rashida Tlaib Claims 'Calming Feeling' When She Thinks of the Holocaust

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
JLAD Prove Me Wrong
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

U.S. Representative Rashida Tlaib Claims 'Calming Feeling' When She Thinks of the Holocaust

Postby JLAD Prove Me Wrong » 1 week 3 days ago (Mon May 13, 2019 8:56 pm)

According to https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1SJ2H8

U.S. Democratic leaders on Monday rallied behind a freshman lawmaker on Monday after President Donald Trump and other Republicans attacked her over comments about the Holocaust and Palestinians.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer both issued statements on Twitter saying Trump and other Republicans should apologize to Representative Rashida Tlaib, a Palestinian-American from Michigan and one of two Muslim women in Congress. Presidential candidate and senator Bernie Sanders also weighed in.

On the Yahoo News podcast “Skullduggery” last week, Tlaib was asked about her support for a one-state solution to the conflict between Israel and Palestinians.

In a rambling answer, she said: “There’s kind of a calming feeling I always tell folks when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors, Palestinians, who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people’s passports.

“I mean, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time, and I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right, in many ways. But they did it in a way that took their human dignity away, right, and it was forced on them,” she said.

Congressional Republicans attacked Tlaib over the weekend, with House Republican Whip Steve Scalise labeling her comments anti-Semitic. “More than six million Jews were murdered during the Holocaust; there is nothing ‘calming’ about that fact,” Scalise said.

Trump joined them on Monday with a tweet calling Tlaib’s remarks “horrible and highly insensitive.”

“She obviously has tremendous hatred of Israel and the Jewish people,” the president said.

Pelosi and Hoyer said Trump and House Republicans had taken Tlaib’s words out of context. They “should apologize to Rep. Tlaib & the American people for their gross misrepresentations,” Pelosi wrote on Twitter.

Their swift defense contrasted with the Democratic party’s internal wrangling earlier this year over whether to rebuke another Muslim lawmaker, Representative Ilhan Omar, for remarks that were also seen as anti-Semitic by some when she suggested that Israel’s supporters have an “allegiance to a foreign country”.

At that time some Democrats warned that party leaders were playing into Republicans’ hands. In the end, the Democratic-run House approved a broad resolution condemning anti-Semitism, anti-Muslim discrimination and other forms of bigotry.

Israel’s ambassador to the United Nations, Danny Danon, on Monday called Tlaib’s comments “grossly #antiSemitic and ignorant.”

“You should take some time to learn the history before trying to rewrite it,” he said on Twitter.

So U.S. Representative Rashida Tlaib clearly is pro-holocaust, but claims to have a 'calming feeling' when thinking about it for some reason. If a person truly believes the Holocaust took place, I don't understand what is 'calming' about it. IMO, it would be like saying the Trail of Tears or 9/11 was calming. They're tragedies, not calming events. Zio-puppet republicans predictably go after her, while democrats defend her.

While I oppose the democratic party for being pro abortion along with other things, they clearly are moving in the right direction away from Jewish supremacy, which is good. All I can say about the republican stooges is, why don't they just move to Israel?

I don't understand why she said what she said, but I support her attack against Zionism.
If your beliefs cannot stand up to your own sincere scrutiny and skeptical evaluation, they are not worth having.

https://freespeechmonika.wordpress.com/ ... t-details/

cold beer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: U.S. Representative Rashida Tlaib Claims 'Calming Feeling' When She Thinks of the Holocaust

Postby cold beer » 1 week 3 days ago (Mon May 13, 2019 9:49 pm)

I never thought I would agree on anything with Pelosi.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: U.S. Representative Rashida Tlaib Claims 'Calming Feeling' When She Thinks of the Holocaust

Postby Hannover » 1 week 3 days ago (Mon May 13, 2019 10:04 pm)

Indeed, the schism within the 'Democrats' over the servile behavior of the US government towards "that shitty little country" is a welcomed occurrence.

Let's see how they try to spin it, given the heretofore absolutely obedient actions and statements of those like Zionists Pelosi & Schumer.

The True Cost of Parasite Israel
Forced US taxpayers money to Israel goes far beyond the official numbers
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... of-israel/

1st Bill of US Congress for 2019, you guessed it, gives an additional 38 billion dollars to Israel
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12229

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

cold beer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby cold beer » 1 week 3 days ago (Mon May 13, 2019 10:31 pm)

Hannover wrote:Indeed, the schism within the 'Democrats' over the servile behavior of the US government towards "that shitty little country" is a welcomed occurrence.

Let's see how they try to spin it, given the heretofore absolutely obedient actions and statements of those like Zionists Pelosi & Schumer.

The True Cost of Parasite Israel
Forced US taxpayers money to Israel goes far beyond the official numbers
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... of-israel/

1st Bill of US Congress for 2019, you guessed it, gives an additional 38 billion dollars to Israel
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12229

- Hannover

This is the core of the hidden money..."Department of Defense co-production projects"
Allowing Israel to produce US weapons at what you can be assured is a very healthy profit and hijacking some of the best paying factory jobs from US workers.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 week 2 days ago (Tue May 14, 2019 12:51 am)

Tlaib is trying to be a good person in understanding the situation, but imagine if she knew that the holocaust was a myth!

stinky

Postby stinky » 1 week 2 days ago (Tue May 14, 2019 1:18 am)

From JLAD's OP
While I oppose the democratic party for being pro abortion along with other things, they clearly are moving in the right direction away from Jewish supremacy, which is good.

Is there any hard, tangiable evidence of this, (moving away from J supremacy) other than some commentary from a small number of political dissenters.
Any ACTION from both left & right in the US is more or less Kosher approved - and notwithstanding examples that anyone can provide, I don't see that changing anytime soon.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled

JLAD Prove Me Wrong
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby JLAD Prove Me Wrong » 1 week 2 days ago (Tue May 14, 2019 5:14 am)

stinky wrote:Is there any hard, tangiable evidence of this, (moving away from J supremacy) other than some commentary from a small number of political dissenters.
Any ACTION from both left & right in the US is more or less Kosher approved - and notwithstanding examples that anyone can provide, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

What Ilhan Omar said about Israel, essentially was off the table. If it was just her saying it, I see where you're coming from. But Nancy Pelosi is Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, and has defended both Tlaib and Omar. Things ARE changing, stinky. Not perfect, yes, but things are not as they used to be.
If your beliefs cannot stand up to your own sincere scrutiny and skeptical evaluation, they are not worth having.

https://freespeechmonika.wordpress.com/ ... t-details/

cold beer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby cold beer » 1 week 2 days ago (Tue May 14, 2019 6:01 am)

It could easily be that she's shilling to help give the holohoax another reboot in the news cycle, it could all be theater.

stinky

Postby stinky » 1 week 2 days ago (Tue May 14, 2019 11:45 pm)

I think that is plausible Cold Beer.
And while the blah blah does represent change in that it is critical of the usual suspects - US foreign policy remains Kosher & there is a current push toward more domestic pro tribe BS (via selective censorship, de-platforming, anti-semitism legislation, hate speech).
It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 week 1 day ago (Wed May 15, 2019 1:19 am)

cold beer wrote:It could easily be that she's shilling to help give the holohoax another reboot in the news cycle, it could all be theater.

LOL
As if The Big Lie that is shoved down everyone's throat 24/7/365 needs a "reboot".

I expect that eventually as more & more Muslims come the US we will see more & more challenges to "that shitty little country" and the obscene & grotesque financial, political, & military support we are forced to give to it.

And mark my word, those elected in Muslim dominated districts will sooner or later be speaking up about the fraud of the '6M jews, 5M others, & gas chambers' which enable the horrific Jew behavior against them.

Count on it, that day is coming.

- Hannover

Challenging the ridiculous 'holocaust' scam is now going mainstream:
Morality, Truth, facts:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/05/pau ... uth-facts/
and:
The Lies About World War II:
http://www.unz.com/proberts/the-lies-ab ... ld-war-ii/
and:
Ron Unz goes full on Revisionist, says: "Does anybody seriously believe something so totally ridiculous?"[/b]
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11985
and:
American Pravda: Holocaust Denial, by Ron Unz: http://www.unz.com/runz/american-pravda ... st-denial/
and:
The Holocaust" Is a Myth That Conceals Our Shame
http://www.unz.com/kbarrett/the-holocau ... our-shame/
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”