Individual stories: contradictions, impossibilities, and questions

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Waldgänger

Individual stories: contradictions, impossibilities, and questions

Postby Waldgänger » 5 days 5 hours ago (Sat May 23, 2020 11:29 am)

Revisionists often focus on statistics: 1,274,166 in the Höfle/Korherr estimates of Jews sent to Aktion Reinhardt camps in 1942, for example. But I have not seen much activity on individual stories and how to explain them.

Especially interesting are well-knowns who disappeared after being sent to camps. Apart from Typhus (which did not kill everybody), it seems there are not so many reasons why they could have disappeared unless they were killed. And yet, many of their official stories make no sense.

I shall use Wikipedia, as it is a reliable purveyor of the official narrative. All these names and stories I mention can be found there.

Felix Nussbaum and his entire family, apparently, were murdered in various camps, mostly in Auschwitz, over the course of 1943-1945. It explicitly says 'murdered', but there are no accounts of this. Is it an assumption? Or witnessed?

Ottillie Metzger-Latterman was a retired contralto who was 'rounded up' by the Nazis and sent to the camps. Wiki says she died in Auschwitz, exact circumstances of death unknown. No timing given. No source. No citation. Nothing. Yet, what happened to her? Perhaps as a 65 year old she simply died of weakness and was cremated?

In March 1943, Sister Angela Autsch was 'transferred to Birkenau another camp where she worked in the kitchen and infirmary, caring equally for inmates and persecutors. She died on December 23, 1944, during an Allied air raid whilst taking care of patients'. Why would she be caring for the sick, if always the unfit-for-work were killed when they ceased to be useful? Also, was there a recorded Allied air raid on Auschwitz on 23.12.1944?

Of Else Ury, the famous childrens' author, it says: "of the 1,000 people on the transport from Berlin, January 13, 1943, 873 people were judged unfit for work, sent straight to the Auschwitz gas chamber, and never registered". If she and they were never registered, how is the exact number of those gassed known to us? Why must they have been gassed? And yet, if any survived, why did they not contact anyone after the war? None of them even tried?

Expressionist painter Rudolf Levy apparently died 'either' in Italy on a train, or in Auschwitz. Very detailed, no?

Regina Jonas, the first woman ordained a rabbi, apparently died in the gas chamberson Oct. 12, 1944... or on Dec. 12, 1944, cause unknown. How is this accepted? Two months is a tremendous gap.

Alfred 'Fredy' Hirsch the famous athlete of Theresienstadt, was last seen on Oct. 8, 1944, unconscious, being 'taken with the children he cared for' to the gas chambers. He certainly wasn't dead when last seen by inmates. What of that?

I think perhaps these two speak for themselves:

I find the lack of clarity and certitude about many individual stories rather maddening. They are not statistics, but real people who definitely existed. If they were not gassed or killed in some other way, how is it that nobody would look for them, or they would not make their survival known?

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Individual stories: contradictions, impossibilities, and questions

Postby borjastick » 5 days 3 hours ago (Sat May 23, 2020 1:22 pm)

Oh and you'll often see and hear reports like this
'My entire family of 76 people were sent to Auschwitz. After we arrived I never saw any of them again. I was the only one to survive, the rest perished in the gas chambers'.

They say this with gay abandon and with absolutely no evidence or proof whatsoever.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”