Serbia passes Holocaust restitution law

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
phdnm
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby phdnm » 3 years 11 months ago (Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:50 am)

Good goyim...

Feb12, 2016

Serbian lawmakers have voted on a bill allowing the restitution of heirless and unclaimed Jewish property expropriated during the Holocaust.

The World Jewish Restitution Organisation said on Friday that Serbia is one of the first countries in Eastern Europe to pass such a bill, which means the property will be returned to the local Jewish community.

Gideon Taylor, WJRO chairman of operations, says "this is a step toward justice and the recognition of history".

He said in a statement "we look to other countries to follow Serbia's lead".

The organisation had actively campaigned for the law to be passed.

Tens of thousands of Jews living in Serbia during the Second World War perished in brutal Nazi-run death camps or were mass deported to the camps outside the country.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/se ... 48757.html

Such a Serbia should serve as example to other European countries, and this is a historic day for justice, morality,

Justice, morality ... :roll:

Come on, We know... finally it's always about the money!

Here we go again:

When we speak about restitution here, we do not speak about the horrific scale of the Holocaust committed against the Jewish people by the Nazi Germany and their collaborators, but rather about a small compensation for confiscated property, the release said.

Small compensation ... I like "small" ... And if they refuse, we shall remind them their past of collaborators with the "nazis"!

Israel welcomes Serbia’s Holocaust law

Feb 13, 2016

The State of Israel welcomes Serbia’s adoption of the law on remedying the consequences of seizure of assets of Holocaust victims with no living legal heirs, the Embassy of Israel in Serbia said in a release late on Friday.

Such a Serbia should serve as example to other European countries, and this is a historic day for justice, morality, and commitment to the special relationship between the Serbs and the Jews, the Embassy said.

When we speak about restitution here, we do not speak about the horrific scale of the Holocaust committed against the Jewish people by the Nazi Germany and their collaborators, but rather about a small compensation for confiscated property, the release said.

Around 33,000 Jews lived on the territory of Serbia until 1941, and around 30,500 were killed in cold blood, it said.

“They left no living heir. The new law is a noble act of a great country that will breathe new life into the small Jewish community that it is today,” said the release.

http://inserbia.info/today/2016/02/isra ... caust-law/

SamuelGordy

Re: Serbia passes Holocaust restitution law

Postby SamuelGordy » 3 years 11 months ago (Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:23 am)

I see nothing wrong with this. If something is taken away NON LAWFUL, it should be taken back. It has nothing to do with the holocaust or the non existence of it, it's simply right (whatever opinion one has about jews).

This is one of the things that bugs me with this forum, the hidden "against the jews no matter what". If it's logical that 900 000 people werent buried in treblinka, then it's logical that STOLEN property should be given back.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 3 years 11 months ago (Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:20 am)

Pity the Serbs that will have to pay for this nonsense.
Especially the ones that sit on the property (owners and tenants) and now have to put up with those claims.

phdnm
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby phdnm » 3 years 11 months ago (Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:15 am)

SamuelGordy wrote:I see nothing wrong with this. If something is taken away NON LAWFUL, it should be taken back. It has nothing to do with the holocaust or the non existence of it, it's simply right (whatever opinion one has about jews).

Really...

Serbian lawmakers have voted on a bill allowing the restitution of heirless and unclaimed Jewish property expropriated during the Holocaust.

Not during the war but the Holocaust!

Gideon Taylor, WJRO chairman of operations, says "this is a step toward justice and the recognition of history".

(read holocaust)

The State of Israel welcomes Serbia’s adoption of the law on remedying the consequences of seizure of assets of Holocaust victims with no living legal heirs, the Embassy of Israel in Serbia said in a release late on Friday.

Not victims! but Holocaust victims!

The "horrific scale" of ... the Holocaust!

And this isn't about the holocaust, just about some expropriations...

Atigun
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Atigun » 3 years 11 months ago (Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:28 am)

SamuelGordy wrote:I see nothing wrong with this. If something is taken away NON LAWFUL, it should be taken back. It has nothing to do with the holocaust or the non existence of it, it's simply right (whatever opinion one has about jews).

This is one of the things that bugs me with this forum, the hidden "against the jews no matter what". If it's logical that 900 000 people werent buried in treblinka, then it's logical that STOLEN property should be given back.

Then you shouldn't have any problem with restoring the property of the ethnic Germans who were forcibly expelled from their homes in Central/Eastern Europe after WW II had ended. Oh, that's right, those people were eeevul German Narzis not poor sufferink Jews so they don't deserve any restitution. That about right, SamuelGordy? Here's a little bit about what happened to the Germans. http://cas.umn.edu/assets/pdf/GerExpellee.pdf

SamuelGordy

Postby SamuelGordy » 3 years 11 months ago (Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:18 am)

Oh come on guys... A lot of jews were expeled from their homes, it's really a known fact. One of my closest friends lives in an apartment that was once owned by jews (I'm from Croatia), which was once taken away from them (in the forties, obviously). There is some legal action at the moment, taken by family members of the people who were expeled, to gain that property back. Now, I'm sure there are cases where non jews are fighting to get their property back (and will get it back), it's not ALWAYS one sided.

Then you shouldn't have any problem with restoring the property of the ethnic Germans who were forcibly expelled from their homes in Central/Eastern Europe after WW II had ended. Oh, that's right, those people were eeevul German Narzis not poor sufferink Jews so they don't deserve any restitution. That about right, SamuelGordy? Here's a little bit about what happened to the Germans.

Of course I don't have a problem with that! Then again, it's another thing whether those properties will be brought back to the original owners... It's a really good point you've brought here and I don't have a strong enough answer. All in all I believe grown men shouldn't say: "he took my lollipop, I'll take his". (Don't think I don't understand your point, I really do, and i'm breaking between those two standpoints for a very long time).

Revisionism is supposed to represent the voice of reason, right?

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 3 years 11 months ago (Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:05 pm)

SamuelGordy:

I agree with you that if true ownership can be determined for truly seized land then the rightful owners should get their land back. And that's a big IF.

I think there are a number of points being made.

The absolute double standard when applied to returning seized property when it involves returning German land that was stolen since WWI.

Not to mention private property claims by Jews where a mere claim is considered proof of rightful ownership.

Then there are the massive land seizures by Jewish supremacist Zionists / Israelis which continue unabated.

And we cannot leave out the land stolen from Cubans when the communist Castro took power.

Yes, Revisionists are reasonable, but no, Revisionists are not blind. Revisionists go where the proven facts are.

- Hannover

The 'holocaust' storyline is one of the most easily debunked narratives ever contrived. That is why those who question it are arrested and persecuted. That is why violent, racist, & privileged Jewish supremacists demand censorship. What sort of truth is it that crushes the freedom to seek the truth? Truth needs no protection from scrutiny.

The tide is turning.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 3 years 11 months ago (Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:23 pm)

And that's a big IF.

Bear in mind that Jewish property that was sold by them was demanded back by them. The argument is that they sold this property "under distress", meaning without exorbitant profits. Now tell me about the Serbs, Germans, French people that sold their property "under distress", perhaps to Jews, will they also get their property back.

SamuelGordy

Postby SamuelGordy » 3 years 11 months ago (Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:31 am)

Yeah... It's a really tough one. I agree with both of you, and a litle bit with myself, still! :D

Btw, i saw these palestine occupation pictures probably a thousand times, and every time it's sureal. I mean, it's insane, absolutelly insane...

phdnm
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby phdnm » 3 years 10 months ago (Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:19 am)

Latest news:

Under the legislation, the Federation of Jewish Municipalities of Serbia will also be given budget funding of 950,000 euro per year for a period of 25 years, starting from 2017.

The devastating barb : « There's no business like Shoah business » is, sad to say, a recognizable truth.

Leon A. Jick, « The Holocaust : its Use and Abuse within the American Public», Jérusalem, Yad Vashem Studies, XIV (1981), p. 316

The Federation and Serbia’s Jewish municipalities will manage the revenue and use it to finance Holocaust research and education, scholarships for students and young talents in Serbia, among other things.

Holocaust education, scholarships for students = brainwashing of children :?

Serbian Jews to Reclaim Seized WWII Property

Over 3,000 buildings expropriated during WWII will be handed over to Serbia's main Jewish organisation after parliament adopted a law on the restitution of Holocaust victims' assets.

22 Feb 16

The Serbian Jewish Community Association has welcomed the new legislation which will see heirless and unclaimed Jewish property that was expropriated during the Holocaust handed over to the Federation of Jewish Municipalities of Serbia.

“The law is very important, because there are more than 3,000 immovable assets that are expected to be returned,” Ruben Fuks, the president of the Serbian Jewish Community Association, told BIRN.

“The process is supposed to be finished in the next three years,” he said.

Under the legislation, the Federation of Jewish Municipalities of Serbia will also be given budget funding of 950,000 euro per year for a period of 25 years, starting from 2017.

The Federation and Serbia’s Jewish municipalities will manage the revenue and use it to finance Holocaust research and education, scholarships for students and young talents in Serbia, among other things.

According to the law, a request for the return of assets will be submitted by a Jewish municipality and assessed by the Serbian Agency for Restitution, before the assets are transferred to the Jewish municipality or the request is rejected.

Any Serbian municipality in which Jews live is defined as a Jewish municipality under the legislation; there are a total of ten of these in Serbia.

The adoption of the restitution law has been hailed by both the United States and Israel.

“The United States welcomes the Serbian Parliament’s passage of an heirless property restitution law,” the US embassy in Belgrade said in a statement.

“Serbia should serve as example to other European countries, and this is a historic day for justice, morality, and commitment to the special relationship between the Serbs and the Jews,” the Israeli embassy said in a statement.

Around 33,000 Jews lived in Serbia until 1941.

But by May 1942, about 80 per cent of the pre-war Jewish population had been wiped out by the Nazis with help of the collaborationist Government of National Salvation led by Milan Nedic.

The Nedic administration monitored forced labour and provided security for a concentration camp in the Belgrade district of Banjica.

It is estimated that 24,000 people were held at the Banjica camp from 1941 to 1944 and so far, 4,200 prisoners who were shot have been reliably identified. Thousands were also deported from Banjica to other camps throughout Europe.

Nedic’s family and the Association of Political Prisoners and Victims of the Communist Regime – which filed the rehabilitation request - claim that he was not guilty of causing suffering during the Nazi occupation of the country, as the Yugoslav Communist authorities insisted when they prosecuted him after WWII.

Fuks said that he hopes that Nedic will not be rehabilitated since his role in the Jewish extermination in Serbia is clear.

“Nedic's [regime in] Serbia was clearly established to assist the Nazis. I hope that the rehabilitation will not happen and that such insistence [on clearing his name] is only a marginal phenomenon in society,” he said.

There were 1,185 Jews living in Serbia in 2002 according to the census conducted that year.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article ... 02-19-2016

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”