Community Brainstorming! - $1500 Ad Budget - What should CODOH do?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Community Brainstorming! - $1500 Ad Budget - What should CODOH do?

Postby Kingfisher » 3 years 2 weeks ago (Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:55 am)

Ad Policy: Hate content, sensitive topics, and violence.

Twitter prohibits the promotion of hate content, sensitive topics, and violence globally.

What the hell? "Sensitive topics"? What topic worth discussing isn't "sensitive"? It's a blank check to stop anything they like. The "Holocaust" hasn't a hope in hell unless it's to promote the orthodox sob story.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 3 years 2 weeks ago (Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:06 am)

Callahan wrote:I spoke with my friend in marketing. She stated that on a low budget (such as this), using social media such as Facebook or Twitter is generally the way to go due to its efficiency, ability to target specific audiences, and that you only pay cost-per-click (rather than per view or pass). The primary obstacle, then, would be to design content that will be permitted on these sites. She let me know that Twitter used to be VERY liberal with it's policies in this respect but that they've drastically changed them in recent months. Here is what I've been able to find regarding Twitter and FB's advertising policy:

https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170425

https://www.facebook.com/business/help/ ... licies/ads

Is it possible to design an ad for Revisionism that meets these guidelines? She said there is no harm in trying. They will either accept or deny your ad (before you're required to pay anything).

I agree, add to this google's adwords, which allows for even more specific targeting of audiences. It's adjustable via choice of keywords users push into google. But then you need to know what keywords your target audience would use on google.

We had the ideas::
"Holocaust Homework Assignment" - Would be a pupil or student
"Auschwitz guided tour" - Would be more middle aged.
"Holocaust curriculum material" - It's perhaps what a teacher would be looking for.

Additionally one could SEO some pages with keywords onto higher levels. We'd need some new codoh pages with the right keywords in the title + accompanying text first. So I need suggestions for the right keywords.

Leibniz

Postby Leibniz » 3 years 2 weeks ago (Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:42 pm)

Kingfisher wrote:What the hell? "Sensitive topics"? What topic worth discussing isn't "sensitive"? It's a blank check to stop anything they like. The "Holocaust" hasn't a hope in hell unless it's to promote the orthodox sob story.

This is one of the reasons that I have warmed to the ThoughCrime idea. Freedom of speech is not really a sensitive topic. If asked, all Westerners would agree that freedom of speech is "a good thing", so promoting discussion does an endaround on impediments that would supress Holocaust "denial".

Ultimately, CODOH advocates free discussion of the Holocaust, not a particular position on it, and the ThoughtCrime style "campaign" is consistent with this mission.
If you believe in the Holocaust, then you believe in torture.

Landulf

Postby Landulf » 3 years 2 weeks ago (Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:12 am)

Put them on Facebook ads if codoh have a FB-page, because there is where everyone is browsing today.

Jurgen

Postby Jurgen » 3 years 2 weeks ago (Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:41 pm)

A short video as an idea as to where we could go with the "Thought Crime" path. This is not great, I admit. I have very small creative bones, so I am sure someone could do better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32d-ItkyEi8

Need to find some more quotes on why it is important to be able to have free and open discussion on any topic whatsoever, and to have that freedom without fear of persecution.

Maybe find some similar examples from sites like this:
http://www.humanrights.gov/dyn/issues/f ... ssion.html

building a sense of indignation in the viewer that these peoples should be persecuted, then blammo, Zundel and co, showing that these volk have been wrongfully imprisoned for questioning, then maybe also showing how quality revisionism has altered the official narrative, the same things that these people have been imprisoned for questioning...

If anyone has good solid examples and links that I can use, I'll plod along in my little video and try to put something together.
"The Holocaust narrative actually breaks down on a discrete, factual level, and is only tenable when it is presented as some vague or nebulous larger than life metahistorical event" Mulegino1

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 3 years 2 weeks ago (Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:10 pm)

The bottom line remains the same, as I outlined sometime earlier. The 'client' is the owner of the budget. That person needs to define what they want to achieve with the budget/campaign. Only then can we have some intelligent input as to how the budget would best be spent.

The bottom bottom line is that those who know someone, or think that it might be best... might like to take a back seat to those here who have actually done something in marketing over a long time.

Anyone who says digital ads are the way to spend a small amount like $1500 know little of how the media works and how internet ads with that budget will disappear in an instant and generate zero impact.

But what do I know after all I've only spent 37 years in advertising and marketing from account exec to managing partner of two large London ad agencies, from PR exec to marketing director of some very very recognisable brands.

So Mr Moderator can you inform us as to what you want to achieve precisely such as building exposure for this website, or stirring the pot of holocaust beliefs in the general public, or causing some sort of disruptive and PR heavy event and conversation?
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Postby Moderator » 3 years 2 weeks ago (Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:18 pm)

borjastick wrote:So Mr Moderator can you inform us as to what you want to achieve precisely such as building exposure for this website, or stirring the pot of holocaust beliefs in the general public, or causing some sort of disruptive and PR heavy event and conversation?

?
The author of the OP is not Mr. Moderator. :)
M1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 3 years 2 weeks ago (Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:05 am)

Moderator wrote:
borjastick wrote:So Mr Moderator can you inform us as to what you want to achieve precisely such as building exposure for this website, or stirring the pot of holocaust beliefs in the general public, or causing some sort of disruptive and PR heavy event and conversation?

?
The author of the OP is not Mr. Moderator. :)
M1

Ok then but the question still stands.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 3 years 2 weeks ago (Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:21 pm)

Jurgen wrote:
PotPie wrote:Jurgen, those are awesome. I'm actually going to start leaving those around immediately.

wait wait wait, that website isn’t real!

I just used it as an example of what we could be doing.

The URL is up for grabs though.

Hee hee, yeah I know. It's a great approach though. :cheers:

EtienneSC
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby EtienneSC » 3 years 1 week ago (Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:27 pm)

In my view you should target educationists or history teachers for comments, then issue a press release on the results. There are media rules about not promoting "hate", but if the story was something like the voice or the silence of the teachers, you might get round them.

Jurgen

Postby Jurgen » 3 years 1 week ago (Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:37 pm)

These guys have gone down the same route of Thought Crime

http://www.smashculturalmarxism.com/87- ... eview=true

87 year old German lady jailed for thought crime

An 87 year old lady has been sentenced to 8 months in prison having been found guilty of sedition. She simply has an alternative viewpoint on so-called historical events and dares to challenge the official narrative, a crime that in Germany can lead to 5 years prison. Just think about that, 5 years for thinking differently, ‘thought crime’ is real and can lead to the loss of your liberty. Not just in Germany is it that prison awaits the dissidents of the supposed truth, but in countless European nations it is a criminal offence to think differently and to research history when it pertains to a certain ‘event.’

The narrative surrounding this ‘undeniable event’, apparently, is so fragile that even pensioners are being jailed for questioning it. What truth is it that needs special laws to protect it? What truth is it that needs prisons to lock away people who think differently about this so-called truth? What truth fears investigation?

In the past i have said that if this story of the ‘planned extermination’ of 6 million Jews was so undeniable and if the evidence was so overwhelming then surely they would not need the law to silence people who question it. Surely they would welcome gleefully those who would dare question their ‘truth’ exposing them in the process as being the tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists that THEY tell you they are.

There is only one reason people are locked up for questioning the official narrative of the holocaust and it is because the questions are awkward and unanswerable. This inability to answer the questions or explain the findings of the revisionists means that it is much easier to just shut them up rather than having the house of cards come falling down around them.

The entire modern day situation in Europe and the West is a result of this holocaust doctrine that is drummed into us via academia and Hollywood RELENTLESSLY. Too many people asking too many questions threatens the world they have built upon it’s unsafe foundations.

ICH BIN URSULA – FREE SPEECH FOR HISTORICAL REVISIONISTS

See the excellent interview with Ursula here

https://youtu.be/WPa_QeV9KDM
"The Holocaust narrative actually breaks down on a discrete, factual level, and is only tenable when it is presented as some vague or nebulous larger than life metahistorical event" Mulegino1

diaz52
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby diaz52 » 3 years 1 week ago (Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:48 pm)

I have no idea how much it costs or if $1500 will do it, but I still like my idea of having a plane pull one of those bannerd across the sky on football saturday at like Ann Arbor MI where the U of M stadium seats around 110,000 fans. And have the banner read QUESTION THE HOLOCAUST.COM or whatever site you want to use. Not only will many see this but the media reporting on it will inform others about it. Finding a pilot service willing to do it may be difficult though due to all the grief he'll get for doing it.
-You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
-The establishment can't control the web, and the control of information through all means but one, is no control at all.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 3 years 1 week ago (Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:29 am)

Diaz, I think mass advertising in itself is inefficient to useless for our goal. For one it will be far more expensive then the budget.And most "hits" you will get, are to people that simply aren't interested in this. Soccer moms and couch potatoes are there for the entertainment, not for thinking deeply about history. They don't really care. Except for the price barrier, I doubt this will go past the gatekeeper. They just will drop it last minute (and withhold an admin fee).
What would make it worthwhile is a potential spin-off in the media, some obnoxious responses by "Holocaust experts" and their enforcers.
But it's too much of a gamble with bad odds.

Intensifying social media usage would be the best option I think. Adwords is about key words and bidding for them. The Holocaust ones won't be too expensive, but I'm guessing here. And even if you underbid, you still would reach those that are searching more extensively for information. I'd be very specific with key phrases that trigger ad display there. That way the odds of being clicked by the right people are higher. Something around:
"holocaust homework assignment "

But as I said. Keyword research is something one should invest some time in and is has to match what we will be linking to. In the end it's about "customer service", which is ultimately a person with above average intellect and earnest interest in history.

diaz52
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby diaz52 » 3 years 1 week ago (Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:22 pm)

Hektor wrote:Diaz, I think mass advertising in itself is inefficient to useless for our goal. For one it will be far more expensive then the budget.And most "hits" you will get, are to people that simply aren't interested in this. Soccer moms and couch potatoes are there for the entertainment, not for thinking deeply about history. They don't really care. Except for the price barrier, I doubt this will go past the gatekeeper. They just will drop it last minute (and withhold an admin fee).
What would make it worthwhile is a potential spin-off in the media, some obnoxious responses by "Holocaust experts" and their enforcers.
But it's too much of a gamble with bad odds.

Intensifying social media usage would be the best option I think. Adwords is about key words and bidding for them. The Holocaust ones won't be too expensive, but I'm guessing here. And even if you underbid, you still would reach those that are searching more extensively for information. I'd be very specific with key phrases that trigger ad display there. That way the odds of being clicked by the right people are higher. Something around:
"holocaust homework assignment "

But as I said. Keyword research is something one should invest some time in and is has to match what we will be linking to. In the end it's about "customer service", which is ultimately a person with above average intellect and earnest interest in history.

Well there'll be students there in the crowd, ostensibly people in the pursuit of knowledge but ya at the game they're just there to root for the team and have fun. Go blue! :)

So ya youre right. This plane thing though is on my bucket list. But yeah the points you make about how this money should be spent are sensible and right on.
-You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
-The establishment can't control the web, and the control of information through all means but one, is no control at all.

spaceboy

Postby spaceboy » 3 years 1 week ago (Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:55 am)

There was a billboard put up in Detroit about a year ago that read "America First Not Israel". It caused a lot of controversy and received a good amount of media attention. Simply do a Google search for "america first not israel billboard".

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/10/25/co ... ut-detroit

I think a billboard with some sort of thought provoking question or statement with an advertisement of something such as Why We Believed would be a good route to go. A billboard like this would possibly generate even more controversy and media attention than that billboard in Detroit.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”