Community Brainstorming! - $1500 Ad Budget - What should CODOH do?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Community Brainstorming! - $1500 Ad Budget - What should CODOH do?

Postby Hektor » 3 years 5 months ago (Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:17 pm)

My guess is that a visible Billboard would cost far more then the budget. But still I think one should consider what one can do with it and what the effect would be.

The Why-We-Believed would also be my first take. Linking to the video and perhaps some archived material for reference.

Where should it be placed? I can imagine the following:
- Near a road at a university between lecture halls and the typical residences.
- Near some highway between residential areas and some commercial area.
I'd place it facing cars returning home 15:00 to 18:00

Within budget I still say google adwords will be the best option targeting people doing research be it as pupils, students or academics.
Of course they have different needs but they overlap to some extent.

They need to learn about psychological warfare, propaganda and documents relating to concentration camps.

I'd love to have this one here for example:
Reference: FO 954/23A/175
Description: Propaganda (including Political Warfare Executive and deception plans): Secretary of State minute to Prime Minister No 43/1. Leaflets about German atrocities against Poles and Jews.
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.u ... r/C6564647

Jurgen

Postby Jurgen » 3 years 5 months ago (Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:43 pm)

So someone in Australia has delivered thousands of flyers promoting holocaust denial and it has attained some form of media attention.

https://www.algemeiner.com/2016/09/05/thousands-of-fliers-promoting-holocaust-denial-secretly-distributed-across-australian-campuses/

Thousands of fliers promoting Holocaust denial have been distributed secretly across Australian college campuses over the past year, an Australia-based correspondent for BuzzFeed News reported on Sunday.

According to the report, the flier — entitled “The Greatest Swindle of All Time” — has been spotted at the University of Melbourne, Monash University, University of New South Wales (UNSW) and the Australian National University (ANU). There are also unconfirmed reports of sightings at the University of Sydney.

The flier highlights several comments made by Norman Finkelstein, a controversial Jewish-American political scientist famous for his “Holocaust industry” theory, according to which the American-Jewish establishment has exploited the Nazi genocide for its own gains.
"The Holocaust narrative actually breaks down on a discrete, factual level, and is only tenable when it is presented as some vague or nebulous larger than life metahistorical event" Mulegino1

Jurgen

Postby Jurgen » 3 years 5 months ago (Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:02 am)

I think perhaps promoting http://denialthefilm.com/ could be an option? If the movie itself has a marketing release/promotion etc, piggyback off that?
"The Holocaust narrative actually breaks down on a discrete, factual level, and is only tenable when it is presented as some vague or nebulous larger than life metahistorical event" Mulegino1

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”