Academic Freedom Does Not Include Holocaust Denial

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
phdnm
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby phdnm » 2 years 2 weeks ago (Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:30 am)

PETITION: B’nai Brith Canada:
We demand that the University of Lethbridge immediately investigate the conduct of Professor Anthony Hall, and put in place measures to ensure that no student on its campus is exposed to antisemitism, Holocaust denial or discriminatory conspiracy theories at the hands of any of its teaching faculty or staff.

Will you sign?

NO!

September 28, 2016

Anthony Hall, who teaches Globalization Studies, promotes the canard that Israel, rather than al-Qaeda, was responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks

B’nai Brith Canada is urging the University of Lethbridge in Alberta to investigate one of its professors over suggestions that he has promoted Holocaust denial and other antisemitic conspiracy theories.

Anthony Hall, who teaches Globalization Studies, promotes the canard that Israel, rather than al-Qaeda, was responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, suggesting that the operation was the basis “for a 100 year war on Muslims for Israel.” He is also a staunch advocate of launching an “open debate on the Holocaust” alongside Holocaust deniers such as Monika Schaefer (whom he publicly recommended to be the next leader of the Green Party of Canada).

In late August, B’nai Brith drew attention to an image threatening to “Kill all Jews now” that had been shared to Hall’s Facebook wall. In response, Hall penned a lengthy article where he suggests that B’nai Brith planted the image in order to frame him as part of a dramatic conspiracy involving both Facebook and Calgary police and to “justify appeals for money” from prospective donors. He also accuses B’nai Brith of abusing “Jewish victimhood” and of “wreaking havoc” on civil academic discourse on campus.

A university professor for more than 25 years, Hall uses his credentials to establish the legitimacy of the theories he espouses. However, as an educator, he has a responsibility to uphold the principle of “academic freedom,” which is ironically the very principle he claims to protect by promoting an alternative interpretation to what transpired during the Holocaust.

B’nai Brith continues to demand that the University of Lethbridge investigate, to guarantee that students are not subjected to Hall’s anti-Zionist itinerary, but the institution has chosen to stand by its professor, also citing a commitment to “academic freedom.”

According to a 2011 statement from Universities Canada, however, academic freedom “includes the right to freely communicate knowledge and the results of research and scholarship.” Does the University of Lethbridge feel that Holocaust denial, accusations of world Zionist conspiracy plots and antisemitism are the legitimate “results of research and scholarship?”

Hall’s personal antisemitism cannot be separated from his academic career. Students have accused him of promoting conspiracy theories and false-flag accusations in his classroom, and several have spoken out against him for promoting his “sensationalized” and “biased” views and for abusing “the stage he receives as a teacher.” One student summed it up quite eloquently: “Anyone who doesn’t believe in the 9/11 conspiracy should not take his class.”

In 1990, Canada’s Supreme Court affirmed in R v Keegstra that antisemitic conspiracy theories have no place in an institution of higher learning. Canadians have a right to know who is shaping the minds of the next generation in an academic setting, and the University of Lethbridge has a moral and professional obligation to investigate Hall to ensure that he’s only advancing views that correlate with historical fact.

If you agree that the University of Lethbridge should investigate Hall’s conduct, please sign our petition.

For more information on Anthony Hall, see Canary Mission’s expose here.

For more information contact:
Marty York, Chief Media Officer
[email protected]

Tevy Pilc, Staff Writer/Researcher
[email protected]

http://canadafreepress.com/article/acad ... ust-denial

phdnm
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Academic Freedom Does Not Include Holocaust Denial

Postby phdnm » 2 years 2 weeks ago (Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:43 am)

Latest news

Website says Holocaust-denying Professor Has Been ‘Asked to Step Down’

Hall’s personal antisemitism cannot be separated from his academic career.

September 28, 2016

According to American Herald Tribune, a website run by Professor Anthony Hall, the University of Lethbridge has requested that he resign over suggestions that he has promoted Holocaust denial and other antisemitic conspiracy theories.

In a petition and press release Tuesday, B’nai Brith Canada urged the university to investigate Hall. In response, University of Lethbridge President Michael J. Mahon released a statement Wednesday explaining that the school was “actively engaged in this issue.” He said he was not permitted “by privacy obligations” to divulge additional details.

In an article published Wednesday in American Herald Tribune, however, an author identified only as Rafiq writes, ‘‘When I contacted Dr. Hall, he informed me that the University of Lethbridge has indeed asked him to step down from his tenured position after 26 years as a professor. It seems that the university is ready to bow to outside pressure and to sacrifice Dr. Hall.”

Hall did not respond to calls from B’nai Brith Wednesday. In the statement released by the University of Lethbridge, Dr. Mahon said: “Recently there has been significant public commentary and media coverage regarding the online activities and some of the personal views held by Dr. Anthony Hall. The University has received numerous inquiries and expressions of concern regarding Dr. Hall’s activities, views and teachings in the classroom. As we are able, we have attempted to respond to those inquiries. The University recognizes the serious nature of these concerns and can confirm that we are actively engaged with this issue. As an employer, however, the University is bound by privacy obligations and cannot provide specific commentary or details on any human resource action undertaken with regards to any employee of the University.”

Dr. Mahon added: “We can say unequivocally that Dr. Hall does not speak on behalf of the University or its faculty, staff and students. The University of Lethbridge is an inclusive and welcoming place of research, learning, creative activity and engagement for all members of the community. As an [sic] community we condemn any communication that promotes hatred, discrimination or violence to any individual or group.”

Hall, who has taught Globalization Studies, has promoted the canard that Israel, rather than al-Qaeda, was responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, suggesting that the operation was the basis “for a 100 year war on Muslims for Israel.” He is also a staunch advocate of launching “an open debate on the Holocaust” alongside Holocaust deniers such as Monika Schaefer (whom he publicly recommended to be the next leader of the Green Party of Canada).

Hall’s personal antisemitism cannot be separated from his academic career. Students have accused him of promoting conspiracy theories and false-flag accusations in his classroom, and several have spoken out against him for promoting his “sensationalized” and “biased” views and for abusing “the stage he receives as a teacher.”

Although Mahon has not publicly commented on Hall specifically, B’nai Brith continues to urge its supporters to apply pressure on the university president and sign our petition.

For more information contact:

Marty York, Chief Media Officer
[email protected]

or

Daniel Koren, Media Coordinator
dani[email protected]

http://canadafreepress.com/article/webs ... -step-down

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 2 years 2 weeks ago (Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:26 am)

This quite self-exposing:
According to a 2011 statement from Universities Canada, however, academic freedom “includes the right to freely communicate knowledge and the results of research and scholarship.” Does the University of Lethbridge feel that Holocaust denial, accusations of world Zionist conspiracy plots and antisemitism are the legitimate “results of research and scholarship?”

So research is only free, until Jews do not like the results.

Don't they promote the Holocaust as some kind of "Nazi conspiracy plot"? Are their findings “legitimate results of research and scholarship?”

Got to cut it short here, but I think they opened up a can of worms for themselves.

hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby hermod » 2 years 2 weeks ago (Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:46 am)

Hektor wrote:Don't they promote the Holocaust as some kind of "Nazi conspiracy plot"?

They do. Indeed. Besides the words "war," "Nazi(s)" and "Jews," the words "conspiracy" and "conspirators" were very probably the most used words at the Nuremberg mock trials (at the main one at least). The only way to sell their fictional story to the surviving leaders of the defeated Third Reich, not supposed to be aware of the terrible deeds allegedly devised, ordered and organized by some of their then-deceased colleagues behind their back. Ironic (but not surprising) that the defenders of the Big Lie now call Holocaust revisionism (belittled and vilified with the name 'denial' as usually), rather than the 'Holocaust' itself, a conspiracy theory.
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 2 years 2 weeks ago (Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:01 am)

Good point with the usage of "conspiracy charges" at the IMT (International Mock Trial?)...

The infamous USHMM states:
On October 18, 1945, the chief prosecutors of the IMT had read the indictments against 24 leading Nazi officials. The four charges brought against these officials were:

1. Conspiracy to commit crimes of peace, war crimes, and crimes against humanity
2. Crimes against peace
3. War crimes
4. Crimes against humanity
https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.ph ... d=10007069

I just think they meant crimes "against" peace.

The wording like peace and humanity is especially duplicitous. And if you see that in the light of what the Allies did, it really gets outrageous.

Just check usage of ism / -ists ///

hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby hermod » 2 years 2 weeks ago (Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:41 pm)

Hektor wrote:I just think they meant crimes "against" peace.

Isn't it said that slips of the pen are often indicative of something deeper? With that wording, perhaps the Nuremberg Inquisitors were in fact blaming the Nazis for their too numerous peace offers screwing up the Allies' hypocritical masks of fake peace lovers... :twisted:
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

phdnm
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby phdnm » 2 years 1 week ago (Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:30 am)

Latest news

Lethbridge professor accused of anti-Semitism alleges smear campaign, as school looks to terminate

Tenured professor denies responsibility for anti-Semitic post on his Facebook page

Oct 04, 2016

A Lethbridge, Alta., professor alleged to be promoting conspiracy theories is defending himself and his job following calls by a Jewish advocacy group to have him fired after a violent, anti-Semitic post appeared on his Facebook page.

Anthony Hall says there is a smear campaign against him.

"I'm being slandered, the University of Lethbridge is being slandered," Hall told CBC Radio's Calgary Eyeopener.

"Right now, it's on my shoulders to defend the University of Lethbridge and to defend for all the faculty in Canada, the principle of academic freedom, because that responsibility has been abandoned by the administration at my university and it's been left for me and it's appropriate that I do so."

Hall is responding to questions about an anti-Semitic Facebook post made on his page by a third party and to allegations that he uses his academic credentials to deny the Holocaust and promote various conspiracy theories.

When he's not teaching, Hall co-hosts a YouTube show called "False Flag Weekly News," which allegedly promotes the notion of a Zionist conspiracy to foster hatred of Muslims through "false flag" terror events, beginning with the Sept. 11 attacks.

Hall also runs his own news website.

B'nai Brith Canada is calling to have him fired.

The advocacy group alleges that Hall is a proponent of an "open debate on the Holocaust," and that Hall has accused Israel of "playing a key role" in the Sept. 11 attacks.

Hall said he had nothing to do with a Facebook post that showed an Orthodox Jew in a headlock accompanied by text calling for the extermination of all Jews. He claims he is being targeted by people who disagree with his work.

'Mutually agreed termination' requested

The professor of liberal education and globalization studies says he met with University of Lethbridge leaders last week to discuss his future.

The university said in a statement "we have requested that Dr. Hall enter into a discussion about a mutually agreed termination of Dr. Hall's appointment to the university."

Hall was told the university could terminate his position, if he agrees. He said he has no such intention.

The school is investigating several complaints against the tenured professor, who has taught for 26 years.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/t ... -1.3789936

Rogal Dorn

Postby Rogal Dorn » 2 years 1 week ago (Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:36 am)

This reminds me, didn't the ADL's campaign to get Arthur Butz fired from Northwestern end in an epic failure? His book is decades old and the man is still teaching. Jewish interest groups are not as powerful as I thought

hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby hermod » 2 years 1 week ago (Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:14 am)

phdnm wrote:
Anthony Hall says there is a smear campaign against him.

"I'm being slandered, the University of Lethbridge is being slandered," Hall told CBC Radio's Calgary Eyeopener.

"Right now, it's on my shoulders to defend the University of Lethbridge and to defend for all the faculty in Canada, the principle of academic freedom, because that responsibility has been abandoned by the administration at my university and it's been left for me and it's appropriate that I do so."

The brutal awakening of guys who sincerely believed for decades that the principle of academic freedom has ever meant something else than the duty to endorse and support a ruling elite's dogmas and myths (i.e. the duty to legitimize a specific ruling elite's status, privileges, interests, agenda and moral standards), is always a pathetic sight. Sad...

phdnm
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby phdnm » 2 years 1 week ago (Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:24 pm)

Latest news

Lethbridge professor accused of anti-Semitism suspended

Tenured professor denies responsibility for anti-Semitic post on his Facebook page

Oct 05, 2016

A professor alleged to be promoting conspiracy theories and denying the Holocaust has been suspended without pay by the University of Lethbridge.

Anthony Hall is suspended pending the outcome of an internal investigation into possible violations of the Human Rights Act, university officials said in a statement.

B'nai Brith Canada called for Hall's termination after questions about an anti-Semitic Facebook post made on his page by a third party. The group also alleges the professor uses his academic credentials to deny the Holocaust and promote various conspiracy theories.

The university has "reassigned" his classes, according to the statement released Thursday.

"As well, any graduate students supervised by Dr. Hall have been assigned a new faculty supervisor to ensure there is no disruption to the academic program of students. Students affected by this decision have been notified of this change already."

Earlier this week, Hall said there is a smear campaign against him.

Hall co-hosts a YouTube show called "False Flag Weekly News," which allegedly promotes the notion of a Zionist conspiracy to foster hatred of Muslims through "false flag" terror events, beginning with the Sept. 11 attacks. He also runs his own news website.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/t ... -1.3793294

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 2 years 1 week ago (Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:52 am)

Rogal Dorn wrote:This reminds me, didn't the ADL's campaign to get Arthur Butz fired from Northwestern end in an epic failure? His book is decades old and the man is still teaching. Jewish interest groups are not as powerful as I thought

Don't make me laugh.
Who demanded and got free speech on the laughable 'holocaust' storyline banned in so many countries?
Who continues to demand the end of free speech and censorship of the internet?
see:
http://freetheinternetfromdenial.wesign.it/en

Butz endures massive attacks by racist Jews constantly.
see:
http://newvoices.org/2011/11/30/0120-2/
He still teaches, students still squirm

Campus & Community | November 30, 2011 by Gabi P. Remz | 22 Comments
Quietly teaching electrical engineering now, but still a Holocaust denier

Students don’t have too many nice things to say about Arthur R. Butz. He is a professor of electrical engineering at Northwestern University, and according to his students, he is boring, his handwriting is too small to make out on the board and he leaves all the real teaching to the teaching assistants. While their words about Butz are harsh, students tend to keep their silence when it comes to a darker part of his work, one that extends far outside the realm of electrical engineering. Butz is a prominent Holocaust denier, but many students walk into his classes without knowing it.

Butz graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and earned his Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota in 1965. Over the next 10 years, Butz developed a name for himself in his field. In 1974 he received tenure from Northwestern as a professor of electrical engineering.

According to his faculty bio page on the Northwestern website, his areas of research include “digital signal processing” and “median and related filtering.” Student comments on Butz through an anonymous online professor review system operated by Northwestern were less than enthusiastic about his teaching style.

“Arthur Butz is lame. He is a good teacher, but his lab lectures do not generally contribute to the lab itself. Also, he doesnt [sic] seem to like the labs himself,” read one comment.

Another comment seemed to allude to Butz’s extra-curricular activities. The comment read, “This guy is a Nazi and his class sucks. You’ll only learn from the [Teaching Assistant].”

In 1976, Butz published a book on a topic far outside his area of academic expertise in electrical engineering: “The Hoax of the Twentieth Century: The Case Against The Presumed Extermination of European Jewry.” The book went on to become influential in the Holocaust denial movement.

In his book, Butz argues that the Holocaust was a creation of Washington to help America’s post-war interests and that this is the key to understanding the truth. “The conclusion is that Washington constructed a frame-up on the Jewish extermination charge,” Butz wrote. “Once this is recognized, the true nature of German Jewish policy will be seen.”

According to his book, many investigators of the Holocaust did not analyze the evidence critically enough, leading to their acceptance of the “myth.” “Surely any thoughtful person must be skeptical,” Butz wrote.

Butz also used the book to condemn the creation of the State of Israel. “The ‘justification’ that Zionists invariably give for driving the Arabs out of Palestine always involves the six million legend to a great extent,” Butz wrote. “Palestine was not invaded by six million dead Jews or, indeed, by any dead Jews and, in any case, it is not just or reasonable to make the Arabs pay for whatever the Germans are supposed to have done to Jews in Europe during the Second World War.”

Over the years, Butz has made some noise, provoking many angry reactions. In 1991, Butz wrote an op-ed for The Daily Northwestern, the student newspaper, rejecting the Holocaust. In 2005, after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s assertion that the Holocaust was a myth, Butz issued a press release congratulating the Iranian head of state.

The Chicago Tribune quoted Butz as saying, “I congratulate him [Ahmadinejad] on becoming the first head of state to speak out clearly on these issues and regret only that it was not a Western head of state.”

Northwestern’s president at the time, Henry Bienen, responded with an email sent to all Northwestern students. He wrote, “While I hope everyone understands that Butz’s opinions are his own and in no way represent the views of the university or me personally, his reprehensible opinions on this issue are an embarrassment to Northwestern.”

60 members of Butz’s department at Northwestern signed a letter that read, according to a Daily Northwestern article, “Butz’s Holocaust denial is an affront to our humanity and our standards as scholars, and hence mandates our censure.”

The letter called for Butz to resign from the university, as it read, “We urge him to leave our Department and our University and stop trading on our reputation for academic excellence.”

Since then Butz has maintained his silence. He told New Voices via email that he is “not giving interviews.”

Students interviewed by New Voices were unanimous in saying that the he does not include his views in class. Several students said it was their understanding that Butz agreed never to discuss the issue following his comments about Ahmadinejad. However, some still find Butz’s extracurricular work hard to deal with.

“It makes me uncomfortable to know that he believes this,” said Sam Toizer, a Jewish sophomore from San Francisco. Toizer is in Butz’s Introduction to Electrical Engineering class, a required course for electrical engineering majors. “When I found out, I found it really hard to pay attention to what he was saying.”

Toizer said he discovered that Butz was a vocal Holocaust denier after he was already in the class, and decided to approach the professor about the topic. Toizer knocked on his office door and asked if he would be willing to discuss his views. Butz said that he would not discuss it and immediately shut the door.

Soon after, Toizer told his parents about Butz, and he said that they were “appalled,” but, that they did not want him to approach Butz about it until the quarter ended.

Other students in the class occasionally discuss Butz’s activities, but feel that Butz is really “just an old guy teaching the lab,” as Matt Jaffe put it.

“Not many people are angry about it,” the sophomore said. “We just kind of make fun of him.”

Jaffe, like Toizer, was not aware that Butz was a Holocaust denier before signing up for the class. He found out from a member of his fraternity, Alpha Epsilon Pi, a national historically Jewish fraternity.

While Professor Butz has remained quiet lately, reactions to him in the past were strong.

Rabbi Michael Balinsky, the Hillel director at Northwestern from 1981-2000, said that when students came to him unsure about whether they should take Butz’s class, he discouraged them.

Many campus groups tried to engage Butz in public debate or discussion, which Balinsky opposed.

“To give him a platform is to give him everything he wants,” said Balinsky, now the executive vice president of the Chicago Board of Rabbis. “We thought it would be a terrible mistake.”

There have been many efforts to counteract Butz, such as a student petition in 2006 demanding Butz remain silent about his views after he congratulated Ahmadinejad for denying the Holocaust.

Perhaps the most dramatic result of opposing Butz’s views was Sheldon Epstein’s departure from Northwestern. Epstein served as an adjunct instructor for a course in Butz’s department. Even after Jerome B. Cohen, the dean of the engineering school, told him not to, Epstein included Holocaust studies in the curriculum of his electrical engineering course. Epstein’s contract was subsequently not renewed. According to a Daily Northwestern article from the time, Epstein believed his contract was not renewed because he using his class to oppose Butz.

Still today, Butz teaches a required introductory course, leaving electrical engineering students with few options.

Balinsky said that Northwestern “should get someone else” to teach the class.

Toizer said that Northwestern’s position is a difficult one, seeing as the current administration must deal with a professor who received his tenure so long ago.

“I don’t think there’s really anything Northwestern can do, except, like, ask him to leave,” Toizer said.

One solution Toizer believed could be effective would be to tell students of Butz’s activities in advance. He says he wishes he knew before he signed up for the class, and is frustrated whenever he must listen to Butz in class.

Toizer, talking about what comes to mind when he thinks of Butz, said, “How can someone so educated be so ignorant about something?”

Gabi P. Remz is a freshman at Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism. He spent the past year studying and doing national service in Israel. He is a New Voices Magazine national correspondent.

and:
http://consortiumnews.com/2014/12/01/th ... ng-israel/
and:
http://www.amchainitiative.org/amcha-pu ... rofessors/

- Hannover

The 'holocaust' storyline is one of the most easily debunked narratives ever contrived. That is why those who question it are arrested and persecuted. That is why violent, racist, & privileged Jewish supremacists demand censorship. What sort of truth is it that denies free speech and the freedom to seek the truth? Truth needs no protection from scrutiny.

The tide is turning.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

phdnm
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby phdnm » 2 years 4 days ago (Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:14 pm)

latest news

Faculty association questions suspension of Lethbridge professor accused of anti-Semitism

Association says suspension of tenured professor violates provincial law, faculty contract

Oct 11, 2016

A southern Alberta faculty association is questioning the suspension of a longtime professor alleged to be promoting conspiracy theories and denying the Holocaust.

Andrea Amelinckx, president of the University of Lethbridge Faculty Association, said the school's suspension without pay of Anthony Hall, a tenured professor, may have been premature.

"The president's [Michael Mahon] action violates provincial law and contravenes the university's contract with its faculty, which provides a process for investigating complaints, such as those alleged against professor Hall, in a fair, speedy, and thorough fashion," Amelinckx said in a statement Tuesday.

Jewish advocacy group B'nai Brith Canada called for Hall's firing last month after an anti-Semitic post was made by a third party to Hall's Facebook account.

"At first we said we would be happy with him no longer espousing the positions he holds publicly.… [But] at this point, we were hoping the university would remove him from his position," said Ryan Bellerose of B'nai Brith at the time.

Earlier this month, Hall told CBC Radio's Calgary Eyeopener he was the victim of a smear campaign.

"Right now, it's on my shoulders to defend the University of Lethbridge and to defend for all the faculty in Canada, the principle of academic freedom, because that responsibility has been abandoned by the administration at my university and it's been left for me and it's appropriate that I do so," Hall said last Tuesday.

Call for quick action

University officials announced the following day the school was suspending Hall without pay pending the outcome of an internal investigation into possible violations of the Human Rights Act.

Amelinckx is calling for quick action on the part of the school.

"We call on the board of governors of the University of Lethbridge to ensure that the allegations that have been made against professor Hall are investigated with the speed and thoroughness they deserve using the legal and contractual procedures already in place in the Post-Secondary Learning Act and the contract with the faculty association," she said.

Hall co-hosts a YouTube show called "False Flag Weekly News," which allegedly promotes the notion of a Zionist conspiracy to foster hatred of Muslims through "false flag" terror events, beginning with the Sept. 11 attacks.

He also runs his own news website.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/f ... -1.3800972

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 2 years 3 days ago (Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:37 am)

Andrea Amelinckx, president of the University of Lethbridge Faculty Association, said the school's suspension without pay of Anthony Hall, a tenured professor, may have been premature.

"The president's [Michael Mahon] action violates provincial law and contravenes the university's contract with its faculty, which provides a process for investigating complaints, such as those alleged against professor Hall, in a fair, speedy, and thorough fashion," Amelinckx said in a statement Tuesday.
Finally a case were tenure may indeed be a good thing. And now suddenly it doesn't count anything anymore.

In the past "tenure' was the Trump card for loony, lefty Profs that essentially used the position to transform universities into diploma mills for the production of cultural Marxists and to stench the non-Humanities students with their intellectual garbage as well.

Me thinks that this is exactly what they're afraid of. Taken Bnai B'rith got their own agenda as well. But the university "elite" of courtiers in dress codes for certainly realizes that their little power center they hold onto is in danger by people not parroting political correctness.

phdnm
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby phdnm » 2 months 1 week ago (Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:33 am)

University of Lethbridge Removes Fall Classes With Professor Accused of Holocaust Denial

August 5, 2018

A Canadian professor under investigation for Holocaust denial will not teach courses next fall, according to a human rights group who objected to his return to the classroom.

Anthony Hall, a tenured professor of Globalization Studies at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, was listed as recently as late July on the school’s online course catalog as teaching two classes in the fall 2018 semester — “Capital, Culture and Globalization” and “Globalization and Education,” B’nai Brith Canada said.

Yet school officials have previously indicated that Hall — who has blamed Israel for the 9/11 terrorist attacks and called for “open debate” on the Holocaust in a video for a Holocaust-denying group — would not be allowed to lead classes pending the completion of an internal investigation.

After B’nai Brith complained to the university, “the courses were quickly scrubbed from the website and the Registrar confirmed that Hall would not be teaching” the aforementioned courses, the group said. “No explanation was provided, however, as to why the courses had been listed in the first place.”

A university spokesperson was not available for comment.

Hall — who in June accused “philanthropic families of Jewish background” of funding “the Islamophobia industry” — was first suspended without pay in September 2016, with Lethbridge citing his views “that have been characterized as being anti-Semitic, supportive of holocaust denial and engagement in conspiracy theories.”

He was reinstated in November, after the university’s Board of Governors and Faculty Association agreed that all “outstanding issues” surrounding Hall will be addressed through an internal inquiry, carried out according to the Faculty Handbook. Hall has not taught a class at the university since his suspension.

A supporter of the anti-Israel boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) campaign, Hall claimed in a February 2016 interview with Iran-owned PressTV that the Islamic State (ISIL) “is USA,” and alleged that then CIA director John Brennan was “probably involved in the supply chain to get … chemical weapons to ISIL.”

In an August 2016 interview, Hall spoke of the “false flag terror event on 9/11,” calling it “a Zionist job — Israel-first neo-con job.”

The professor has also suggested that “Canada is becoming a servant of the Israeli warrior state,” and argued that “Israeli propaganda” seeks “to mislead the world about the nature of the Iranian nuclear program.”

Hall’s views are divisive among his former students. A 2008 review on the website RateMyProfessors warned, “Anyone who doesnt believe in the 9/11 conspiracy should not take this class.” Some six years later, a student approvingly wrote, “Professor Hall opened my eyes about many current events that have brought the USA to wars, such as the concept of False Flags.”

https://www.algemeiner.com/2018/08/05/u ... st-denial/

Breker
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Breker » 2 months 1 week ago (Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:36 am)

They can rant their oppressive nonsense all they like, and the more they rant the better. But the simple fact is the cat is out of the bag and it's not going back in.
We live in interesting and transformative times. Just like a dying dangerous animal, the death throes of the biggest lie ever are occurring.
Welcomed and long overdue.
B.
Revisionists are just the messengers, the impossibility of the "Holocaust" narrative is the message.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”