How many people does the mainstream say died in Auschwitz I?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Rogal Dorn

How many people does the mainstream say died in Auschwitz I?

Postby Rogal Dorn » 2 years 10 months ago (Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:19 am)

Mainstream historians like to make the death toll for the entire camp-complex easily available. They also claim the overwhelming majority of deaths occurred in Birkenau.

From what I understand 100,000 people could be interred at a time in Auschwitz II Birkenau, and around 10,000 in Auschwitz I.

Which leaves us with the simple question of how many people does the mainstream claim died in the smaller Auschwitz I camp including its gas chamber?

Do we even have a figure for the death toll of Krema I? A few thousand? Ten thousand? 50,000? I have only heard the testimony of several hundred Soviet POWs being gassed there, and thats it. The chamber was no longer operational during the Hungarian-action in 1944, so there's that.

Anybody know what the mainstream's claim for this camp is? Or do they have no answer and prefer to stick to "the big picture"?

Slightly off-topic, other claims I have come across is 900k of the 1.1 million were gassed, that Krema II in Birkenau claimed several hundred thousand lives by itself, that Krema III was used less often than Krema II, and that Krema IV and V claimed less, and the red and white house even less.

But nothing concrete, no actual breakdown of the numbers. Hmm...

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: How many people does the mainstream say died in Auschwitz I?

Postby borjastick » 2 years 10 months ago (Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:34 am)

A small point Rogal but you said 'interred' -

From what I understand 100,000 people could be interred at a time in Auschwitz II Birkenau, and around 10,000 in Auschwitz I.

But you mean interned I think as interred refers to burial of a casket typically in a mausoleum type place.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Landulf

Re: How many people does the mainstream say died in Auschwitz I?

Postby Landulf » 2 years 9 months ago (Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:10 pm)

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”