anyone have the book by Emil Ludwig Cohn, 'The New Holy Alliance'?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
atomMan

anyone have the book by Emil Ludwig Cohn, 'The New Holy Alliance'?

Postby atomMan » 1 year 9 months ago (Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 am)

i cannot find an electronic copy and i would like to verify the following quote:

"Hitler will have no war (does not want war), but we will force it on him, not this year, but soon." -- Emil Ludwig Cohn in Les Annales, June, 1934

help inform others by sharing the Jewish Holocaust Quiz

Hieldner
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: anyone have the book by Emil Ludwig Cohn, 'The New Holy Alliance'?

Postby Hieldner » 1 year 9 months ago (Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:36 pm)

I don’t have the book, but the correct title is A New Holy Alliance, the author’s name is shortened to Emil Ludwig and the English translation appeared only in 1938.
https://www.worldcat.org/title/new-holy ... lc/3984914
https://www.amazon.co.uk/alliance-Ludwi ... B006MFUMR8

However, there’s the Emil Ludwig Collection of various documents and manuscripts available in electronic form for free. In the manuscript of the introduction to Hitler we find the quote (p. 394)
War is here, for 6 years I have called it inevitable in hundreds of talks in the American states, in essays and books, contrary to an optimist who’d declare someone on his deathbed to be healthy. I called it inevitable because it’s not about money or land, upon which two fighting parties could reach an agreement, but rather about two philosophies.

https://www.archive.org/stream/emilludw ... 4/mode/1up
Maybe there are more interesting quotes in there somewhere.
»[Holocaust soap] odor, if captured and retained… would preserve the core of an individual soul… The undesirable smell of the extract spoke of the spectral Derridian trace… that continued to remind its consumers of their own bio-ontology.«—B. Shallcross

Hieldner
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Hieldner » 1 year 9 months ago (Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:16 am)

You can find the book here http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?autho ... t=xl&ac=qr, $1,500 starting.
»[Holocaust soap] odor, if captured and retained… would preserve the core of an individual soul… The undesirable smell of the extract spoke of the spectral Derridian trace… that continued to remind its consumers of their own bio-ontology.«—B. Shallcross

TheBlackRabbitofInlé
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby TheBlackRabbitofInlé » 1 year 9 months ago (Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:04 pm)

This quote featured in the 4 Nov 1943 edition of Der Stuermer in an article that was later submitted to the big Nuremberg trial as a prosecution exhibit:

Der Stuermer wrote:Und was schrieb der einst im verseuchten Bürgertum so gefeierte jüdische „Dichter" und Schriftsteller Emil Ludwig (Cohn) im Juni des Jahres 1934 in der Zeitschrift „Les Annales":

„Hitler will nicht den Krieg, aber er wird dazu gezwungen werden, nicht in diesem Jahre, aber bald. Das letzte Wort hat, wie 1914, England zu sprechen."

- 1965-PS, IMT v.29, p.180f.
https://archive.org/stream/trialofmajorwarc2918gori#page/180/mode/2up

The quote doesn't seem to feature in Ludwig's 1938 book A New Holy Alliance judging by the freeview of it available of Google Books, although I will check a copy in the library later this week to confirm.

Hieldner wrote:You can find the book here http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?autho ... t=xl&ac=qr, $1,500 starting.

It would be cheaper to buy an original copy of the magazine; which, promisingly, features a Emil Ludwig's article titled [roughly] "The War is Coming":

29,80 EUR

‎LES ANNALES POLITIQUES ET LITTERAIRES N° 2498

‎Dubuisson. 1 Juin 1934. Bon état. Couv. convenable. Intérieur frais. 30 pages environ. Paginée de 581 à 608. Illustrée de quelques gravures en noir et blanc dans le texte. Texte sur trois colonnes.‎

‎Journal Hebdomadaire. Sommaire : La guerre est prochaine, par Emil Ludwig. En racontant les livres - Prisonnier des Nazis - Un député allemand au camp de concentration d'Oranienburg, par Armand Pierhal. Maurice de Broglie à l'Académie Française, par Marcel Boll. Grains de Bon Sens - Deux Exemples, par Yvonne Sarcey. Chez les indiens Pêcheurs de erles, par Le Marquis de Wawrin.Toscanini à Paris, par Gustave Samazeuilh. Combats dans l'air, par Hervé Lauwick. Croquis Judiciaire - Un as de l'évasion, par Henri-Robert. Amitiés Françaises - La réélection de M. Masaryk et le Cinquantenaire de M. Benès, par F. de Méans. Cinéma - Lac-aux-Dames, par Pierre Bost.‎

http://tinyurl.com/hls6l46

I'll try and check a copy of this magazine in the library later this week.
Nazis tried to create super-soldiers, using steroids ... they sought to reanimate the dead—coffins of famous Germanic warriors were found hidden in a mine, with plans to bring them back to life at the war’s end.
- Prof. Noah Charney

TheBlackRabbitofInlé
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby TheBlackRabbitofInlé » 1 year 9 months ago (Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:32 pm)

BRoI wrote:The quote doesn't seem to feature in Ludwig's 1938 book A New Holy Alliance judging by the freeview of it available of Google Books, although I will check a copy in the library later this week to confirm.

I had a good look through this relatively short book and didn't find the quote in it.

The contents page doesn't mention a chapter titled "The War is Coming", the name of Ludwig's article in Les Annales from which the quote is suppose to originate.

Enlarged version

BRoI wrote:I'll try and check a copy of this magazine [Les Annales] in the library later this week.

Unfortunately the British Library doesn't hold a copy of the June 1934 edition, but I did get a copy of the quote's appearance in 4 Nov 1943 edition of Das Stürmer:

Enlarged version
Nazis tried to create super-soldiers, using steroids ... they sought to reanimate the dead—coffins of famous Germanic warriors were found hidden in a mine, with plans to bring them back to life at the war’s end.
- Prof. Noah Charney

atomMan

Postby atomMan » 1 year 8 months ago (Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:45 am)

thank you all for the replies! again the forum failed to notify me of them by email, despite that preference having been set since day 1, so i apologize for my late reply

Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Dresden » 1 year 8 months ago (Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:21 pm)

atomman said:

"again the forum failed to notify me of them by email, despite that preference having been set since day 1"

I haven't gotten email notifications for several months.....I thought they discontinued that function.
Maybe, just maybe, they believe what they are telling you about the 'holocaust', but maybe, just maybe, their contempt for your intelligence and your character is beyond anything you could ever have imagined. -- Bradley Smith

atomMan

Postby atomMan » 1 year 8 months ago (Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:31 am)

the option is still in the user control panel - obviously it's not working though

Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Dresden » 1 year 8 months ago (Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:58 pm)

atomMan wrote:the option is still in the user control panel - obviously it's not working though

Right.....it doesn't work.
Maybe, just maybe, they believe what they are telling you about the 'holocaust', but maybe, just maybe, their contempt for your intelligence and your character is beyond anything you could ever have imagined. -- Bradley Smith

Reviso
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Reviso » 1 year 6 months ago (Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:33 am)

I had a look at the Annales (1 June 1934). Emil Ludwig says :

"Nous n'aurons pas la guerre cette année, mais nous l'aurons certainement d'ici à quelques années. (...) Hitler, personnellement, ne désire assurément pas la guerre. Mais Guillaume II ne la désirait pas non plus et, néanmoins, il la rendit inévitable en faisant bruyamment parade de sa puissance nationale pendant de nombreuses années. (...) Lorsque, à l'heure actuelle, nous nous sentons menacés comme nous l'étions en 1910, il faut nous rappeler qu'il y avait alors un pays qui, d'un seul mot, aurait pu empêcher la guerre. Aujourd'hui encore, c'est l'Angleterre qui hésite à prononcer ce seul mot; c'est-à-dire que quiconque attaquerait la France trouverait immanquablement l'Angleterre aux côtés de cette dernière."

Here is a translation by Google (pretty good, I think) :

We will not have war this year, but we will certainly have it within a few years. (...) Hitler, personally, certainly does not want war. But William II did not desire it either, and nevertheless made it inevitable by making a noisy parry of his national power for many years. (...) At the moment when we feel threatened as we were in 1910, we must remember that there was then a country which, in a single word, could have prevented war . To-day England still hesitates to utter this single word; That is to say, whoever attacks France would invariably find England at the side of the latter.

That is what Streicher quoted as :

"Hitler will nicht den Krieg, aber er wird dazu gezwungen werden, nicht in diesem Jahre, aber bald. Das letzte Wort hat, wie 1914, England zu sprechen."

R.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”