The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
User avatar
borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 2690
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:52 am
Location: Europe

The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby borjastick » 3 years 8 months ago (Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:14 am)

holocaust book.jpg
holocaust book.jpg (39.54 KiB) Viewed 2868 times


On this, Holocaust Remembrance Day, Laurence Rees launches his new work, called by some 'A masterpiece'.

He was interviewed on Sky News this morning too and was strangely quiet, preferring to answer the questions about the holocaust and his new book with as few words as possible without seeming to be rude.

One of his few comments covered the role of the remaining 'survivors' and how things will change when they are all gone. He said that they are very important as when they go there will be a distance between reality and the history of the big H and that's where more dangerous opinions are voiced. He clearly stated that the 'survivors' were almost the trump card in the pack, whereas most revisionists think they are the joker in the pack, a liability would be the nicest way of describing them in my opinion.

Obviously i haven't read the book nor will I as I suspect it will be a rehash of the same old same old.

Some here may choose to obtain a copy but I doubt it will bring anything new in terms of scientific proof for their claims.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Holocaust-New- ... rence+rees
This landmark work answers two of the most fundamental questions in history - how, and why, did the Holocaust happen?

Laurence Rees has spent twenty-five years meeting survivors and perpetrators of the Holocaust. Now, in his magnum opus, he combines their enthralling eyewitness testimony, a large amount of which has never been published before, with the latest academic research to create the first accessible and authoritative account of the Holocaust in more than three decades.

This is a new history of the Holocaust in three ways. First, and most importantly, Rees has created a gripping narrative that that contains a large amount of testimony that has never been published before. Second, he places this powerful interview material in the context of an examination of the decision making process of the Nazi state, and in the process reveals the series of escalations that cumulatively created the horror. Third, Rees covers all those across Europe who participated in the deaths, and he argues that whilst hatred of the Jews was always at the epicentre of Nazi thinking, what happened cannot be fully understood without considering the murder of the Jews alongside plans to kill millions of non-Jews, including homosexuals, 'Gypsies' and the disabled.

Through a chronological, intensely readable narrative, featuring enthralling eyewitness testimony and the latest academic research, this is a compelling new account of the worst crime in history.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Hieldner
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:21 am

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby Hieldner » 3 years 8 months ago (Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:27 pm)

Fascinating…

A 16-year-old Lithuanian girl remembers seeing a large number of Jews beaten to death in Kaunas, while civilians as well as German troops applauded. “One man even lifted up his child so he could see better. ‘What kind of person would he be when he grew up?’ asks Vera… Once all the Jews had been killed the man who had smashed their heads open climbed on top of their bodies and played the Lithuanian national anthem on an accordion.”

He now believes, as do most historians of the subject, that “the journey to the Holocaust was a gradual one, full of twists and turns, until it found final expression in the Nazi killing factories”. He traces its “complex and occasionally counter-intuitive” evolution — its improvisation — in a way fully in accord with most recent scholarship.

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/boo ... 45386.html

borjastick wrote:I suspect it will be a rehash of the same old same old.

Yep.
»[Holocaust soap] odor, if captured and retained… would preserve the core of an individual soul… The undesirable smell of the extract spoke of the spectral Derridian trace… that continued to remind its consumers of their own bio-ontology.«—B. Shallcross

cold beer
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby cold beer » 3 years 8 months ago (Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:24 am)

Why is a yet another "new history" of the holocaust needed?
If the holocaust was an actual event we wouldn't see the story being edited and updated and filtered out over so many decades.
Fact would have been separated from fiction at the IMT trials, which were/are touted as one of the most massive criminal investigations of all time.

User avatar
borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 2690
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:52 am
Location: Europe

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby borjastick » 3 years 8 months ago (Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:51 am)

cold beer wrote:Why is a yet another "new history" of the holocaust needed?
If the holocaust was an actual event we wouldn't see the story being edited and updated and filtered out over so many decades.
Fact would have been separated from fiction at the IMT trials, which were/are touted as one of the most massive criminal investigations of all time.


One could argue that a 'new history' is just a process of revising history or revisionism. If so that would seem odd as they feel free to revise history as and when it suits them but not allow anyone else such as us lot to do the same. Why? Because it wouldn't chime with their history.

You ask a valid question. Surely the holocaust was a clearly defined event and one of the darkest periods in human history. But it's never that simple as due to the work of us revisionists and other historians the spotlight was continually on the detail of the event and found it somewhat wanting. Thus people like Rees see fit to look again at the event and in fact how it was presented previously and wrap the story in a new suit of fine clothes.

Plus if I may be a touch cynical, as we know the holocaust is a massive industry on a par with some of the revenues from world famous brands, thus a well written and publicised book will sell thousands of copies and make his retirement just that little bit more comfortable.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

cold beer
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby cold beer » 3 years 8 months ago (Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:19 am)

borjastick wrote:they feel free to revise history as and when it suits them but not allow anyone else such as us lot to do the same. Why?

I would say it's due to the fact that when the holocaust lobby rolls out a major revision, such as at Auschwitz and Majdanek, the public accepts it without batting an eye because they've been given permission from the jews to believe it, anything else would be anti-semetic.

ChronoMachete
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby ChronoMachete » 3 years 8 months ago (Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:55 pm)

The problem with revisionism is that it doesn't adhere to the traditional method of historical revisionism. Apparently revisionism is valid if historians discover new evidence and then re-examine the historical events to see how that evidence changes what they know. Holocaust revisionism is also hated by mainstream historians because revisionists don't work from the top to bottom - they just look at what they want.

I personally don't think any of that makes revisionism illegitimate, but I think it begs the question: If that's what it takes for revisionists to be legitimate, then why not do it that way?

User avatar
Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby Dresden » 3 years 8 months ago (Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:28 pm)

ChronoMachete said:

"I personally don't think any of that makes revisionism illegitimate, but I think it begs the question: If that's what it takes for revisionists to be legitimate, then why not do it that way?

Legitimate to who?
Maybe, just maybe, they believe what they are telling you about the 'holocaust', but maybe, just maybe, their contempt for your intelligence and your character is beyond anything you could ever have imagined. -- Bradley Smith

ChronoMachete
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby ChronoMachete » 3 years 8 months ago (Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:47 am)

That's what mainstream historians believe constitutes revisionism. I always wonder if some revisionists were were like this, maybe they wouldn't be getting persecuted.

cold beer
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby cold beer » 3 years 8 months ago (Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:55 am)

ChronoMachete wrote:Holocaust revisionism is also hated by mainstream historians because revisionists don't work from the top to bottom - they just look at what they want.

I personally don't think any of that makes revisionism illegitimate, but I think it begs the question: If that's what it takes for revisionists to be legitimate, then why not do it that way?

Be more specific, give direct examples, because my opinion is the polar opposite.
Holocaust revisionists are alone in calling for scientific investigation.

User avatar
Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby Dresden » 3 years 8 months ago (Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:25 am)

ChronoMachete wrote:That's what mainstream historians believe constitutes revisionism. I always wonder if some revisionists were were like this, maybe they wouldn't be getting persecuted.


The only way for Revisionists to escape persecution, is to keep their Nazi mouths shut.

They are not persecuted because their works are faulty.....but because their works make the 'holocaust' look absurd.
Maybe, just maybe, they believe what they are telling you about the 'holocaust', but maybe, just maybe, their contempt for your intelligence and your character is beyond anything you could ever have imagined. -- Bradley Smith

ChronoMachete
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby ChronoMachete » 3 years 8 months ago (Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:03 pm)

cold beer wrote:
ChronoMachete wrote:Holocaust revisionism is also hated by mainstream historians because revisionists don't work from the top to bottom - they just look at what they want.

I personally don't think any of that makes revisionism illegitimate, but I think it begs the question: If that's what it takes for revisionists to be legitimate, then why not do it that way?

Be more specific, give direct examples, because my opinion is the polar opposite.
Holocaust revisionists are alone in calling for scientific investigation.


Revisionists are definitely alone in scientific examinations, which is why Leuchter and Germar's work is extremely valuable. The problem is that from a historical standpoint, revisionists are looking at the camps themselves and other individual aspects of the Holocaust myth. Take for example David Cole's documentary: It's very well done and exposes the myth of the crematorium/gas chamber in the main camp - but that's at the bottom of the chain. What historians would actually consider legitimate would actually be to look at the NS and Hitler: What is the evidence for the extermination plan in their documents? Something like that would be a great starting point, then revisionists could just work their way down to the camps and such.

With Holocaust Handbooks & Documentaries, we don't have that - we just have material on the camps, demographics, witnesses, and other minor things. Who has actually followed what the mainstream historians want? David Irving is the only revisionist in that area that comes to mind.

ChronoMachete
Member
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby ChronoMachete » 3 years 8 months ago (Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:11 pm)

Dresden wrote:
ChronoMachete wrote:That's what mainstream historians believe constitutes revisionism. I always wonder if some revisionists were were like this, maybe they wouldn't be getting persecuted.


The only way for Revisionists to escape persecution, is to keep their Nazi mouths shut.

They are not persecuted because their works are faulty.....but because their works make the 'holocaust' look absurd.


People never really took an interest in revisionism until the Zundel Trial came about. Because Ernst Zundel is an actual National Socialist, revisionists have had this picture stained on their reputation. My guess is that all these repercussions stemmed from an actual fear that revisionists are neo-nazis that are hellbent on tearing Europe apart, because the world is just ignorant - not a deliberate effort to silence thought crimes.

User avatar
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 10146
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby Hannover » 3 years 8 months ago (Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:21 pm)

Dresden wrote:The only way for Revisionists to escape persecution, is to keep their Nazi mouths shut.

That's the tired old argumentum ad Hitlerum that the lemmings mindlessly use.

There were the ‘Nazis’ with the mythological '6M Jews, 5M others, & gas chambers' and there were the ‘Nazis’ without the mythological ’6M Jews, 5M others, & gas chambers’.

- Hannover

Why have supremacist Jews have been marketing the '6,000,000' lie since at least 1869?

Image
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

User avatar
Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby Dresden » 3 years 8 months ago (Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:55 pm)

ChronoMachete said:

"My guess is that all these repercussions stemmed from an actual fear that revisionists are neo-nazis that are hellbent on tearing Europe apart....."

No, (((they))) have no fear of that ever happening.....it is the Jewish supremacists that are tearing Europe apart.

".....not a deliberate effort to silence thought crimes"

There is a deliberate agenda to suppress and outlaw Thought Crime, otherwise Jewish world power would come crashing down.

"Alone the fact that one may not question the Jewish "holocaust" and that Jewish pressure has inflicted laws on democratic societies to prevent questions—while incessant promotion and indoctrination of the same averredly incontestable ‘holocaust’ occur—gives the game away. It proves that it must be a lie. Why else would one not be allowed to question it? Because it might offend the "survivors"? Because it "dishonors the dead"? Hardly sufficient reason to outlaw discussion. No, because the exposure of this leading lie might precipitate questions about so many other lies and cause the whole ramshackle fabrication to crumble"

- Gerard Menuhin, ''Tell the Truth and Shame the Devil', p.303, paperback ed.


Read ''Tell the Truth and Shame the Devil' by Gerhard Menuhin:

https://www.amazon.com/Tell-Truth-Shame ... 193778729X

Image
Maybe, just maybe, they believe what they are telling you about the 'holocaust', but maybe, just maybe, their contempt for your intelligence and your character is beyond anything you could ever have imagined. -- Bradley Smith

User avatar
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 10146
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Re: The Holocaust: A New History. New book by Laurence Rees

Postby Hannover » 3 years 8 months ago (Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:13 pm)

ChronoMachete wrote:People never really took an interest in revisionism until the Zundel Trial came about. Because Ernst Zundel is an actual National Socialist, revisionists have had this picture stained on their reputation. My guess is that all these repercussions stemmed from an actual fear that revisionists are neo-nazis that are hellbent on tearing Europe apart, because the world is just ignorant - not a deliberate effort to silence thought crimes.

Revisionists "tearing Europe apart"?
Europe IS being torn apart as we speak, not by Revisionists, but by totalitarian, antiquated, unelected Marxists (EU) that have seized power.
Indigenous Europeans are now in serious resist-mode.

"Not a deliberate attempt to silence Thought crimes"?
Seriously?
Laws against Free Speech in Europe are overtly deliberate. How else would they be passed if not deliberate?

- Hannover

The 'holocaust' storyline is one of the most easily debunked narratives ever contrived. That is why those who question it are arrested and persecuted. That is why violent, racist, & privileged Jewish supremacists demand censorship. What sort of truth is it that denies free speech and the freedom to seek the truth? Truth needs no protection from scrutiny.

The tide is turning.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.


Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], sfivdf21 and 8 guests