One of the best Holocaust blogs in the business.

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

One of the best Holocaust blogs in the business.

Postby borjastick » 3 years 8 months ago (Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:15 pm)

Scrapbookpages Blog

I've been reading this lady's blogs on the holocaust for some years. They are never less than well written and engaging and usually I learn something and that's got to be a good thing. If you are new to the subject or haven't heard of her work you will be pleasantly entertained and informed.

She has a very well developed and dry sense of humour and irony which comes through wonderfully in her writings, but behind it all is a person who has done the real hard work of visiting many camps and historically important sites, and thus knows her stuff.

The archive is a good way to dig a little deeper into her regular blogs and if you register you'll get her work emailed direct to your computer.

https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2017/02/
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

ChronoMachete

Re: One of the best Holocaust blogs in the business.

Postby ChronoMachete » 3 years 8 months ago (Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:17 pm)

I've seen this blog too, and I agree that it looks like it's a great revisionist resource. I haven't read it yet because the amount of posts seems daunting, but I'm considering checking the backlog. :)

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 3 years 8 months ago (Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:55 am)

I've read the blog off an on over the years. Borjastick is up on things because he knows it's run by a woman. That wasn't known till a couple of months ago. Everyone thought she was a man and she said she cultivated that image in the tradition of other writers who have done that.

Scrapbookpages website and furtherglory blog has valuable information on many holocaust topics. Particularly on the Americans coming into Dachau and other camps and issues in the West. Lots of original content and often the best source anywhere. The author has corresponded with people who went into the camps who found the furtherglory website and then contacted her. It's a trove of important investigations.

But lamentably, with the strategy of being crypto-revisionist in hopes of not turning people off, (and quite possibly out of fear of being honest about what you really think on this taboo subject) the crypto element just ends up being confusing. This topic is hard enough to understand with direct speech; so if one is being crypto: Throwing out a little piece of evidence here and there about what a myth the holocaust is, and in the same article reiterating that the holocaust happened. Well I don't think it works that well, and is confusing, and that was her modus operandi. The subtlety of crypto revisionism: I don't think it's a tactic that leads that many people to realize the holocaust is a myth. I think ultimately there were many teens that found her website for the holocaust report they were writing for social studies class, because it is often the first or second google result for a lot of holocaust related topics. And even though the bones were thrown in, that is the hints that the holocaust is a myth, my guess is it was so crypto that students used the site for reports and never doubted the holocaust in the process.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 3 years 8 months ago (Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:00 pm)

I did know that Further Glory was a woman. I don't recall how I found this out but I think it was some time last year when I started to explore what she has written around the issues of Treblinka, Malinkia and railway gauges. I was under the impression, though I don't know where I found this, that she was a Believer when she started the site and came round to a Revisionist view as a result of her research.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 3 years 8 months ago (Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:41 pm)

Agreed, scrapbookpages/further glory presents a lot of useful source material. Personally I'd love to see all the resources on one side including those usually omitted by "Holocaust Sites" or Archives.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 3 years 8 months ago (Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:13 pm)

Kingfisher wrote,
I was under the impression, though I don't know where I found this, that she was a Believer when she started the site and came round to a Revisionist view as a result of her research.

Not sure if that was the case. Maybe. There was a point where even holocaust professors were linking to scrapbook but I know of one particular professor who did that and later sensed that it was "denialist" or whatever you want to call it, and I think he took off the link. But probably hardly anyone was going to that professor's page anyway.

The psychological/emotional impact of the holocaust (myth) is so big that if you write as she did, that it happened, and then you throw in ridiculous details that show it didn't happen, no one is going to get that, because they're too caught up in the emotional/psychological impact.

In the last 5 years or so, the furtherglory blog has been read by a handful of insiders as can be seen in the comments section.

I admire all the work she did, but I also have a feeling it didn't have much of an impact to break the myth. But it's very valuable for a researcher learning about the British and Americans coming into Germany. There are a lot of lies inserted in the minutiae details of the Allies moving West, and she dispels a lot of those lies. An example: it's probably the best source on what really happened at Oradour Sur Glane.

Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Dresden » 3 years 8 months ago (Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:48 pm)

Carto's Cutlass Supreme wrote:Kingfisher wrote,
I was under the impression, though I don't know where I found this, that she was a Believer when she started the site and came round to a Revisionist view as a result of her research.

Not sure if that was the case. Maybe.

Further Glory wrote this today, Feb, 10 2017:

A blog post that I wrote 7 years ago is still being read all over the world

by furtherglory

https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2010 ... at-dachau/

I wrote the blog post which is cited above, 7 years ago, and it is still being read today. Why are people all over the world still interested in the Dachau shower room?

My photo of the Dachau gas chamber

The title of the blog post, cited above, is

The gas chamber disguised as a shower room in the crematorium at Dachau

You can read about the alleged Dachau gas chamber on my website at:

http://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScr ... ior00.html

The website page, cited above, was written before I became a Holocaust denier. That's what happens to people who see too many fake gas chambers -- they become deniers, and they might be thrown into prison in 20 different countries which now have Holocaust denier laws.
Maybe, just maybe, they believe what they are telling you about the 'holocaust', but maybe, just maybe, their contempt for your intelligence and your character is beyond anything you could ever have imagined. -- Bradley Smith

Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Dresden » 3 years 8 months ago (Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:51 pm)

"Further Glory" is 83 years old, in case anyone wanted to know.
Maybe, just maybe, they believe what they are telling you about the 'holocaust', but maybe, just maybe, their contempt for your intelligence and your character is beyond anything you could ever have imagined. -- Bradley Smith

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 3 years 8 months ago (Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:02 am)

Wow. Thanks Dresden Now we know that is the case: that she didn't start out as a denier.

But the main thing that gets me is I've never seen her call herself a holocaust denier. I'm shocked. She finally said it. After all these years and I commend her for it.

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 3 years 8 months ago (Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:45 am)

Carto's Cutlass Supreme wrote:Wow. Thanks Dresden Now we know that is the case: that she didn't start out as a denier.

But the main thing that gets me is I've never seen her call herself a holocaust denier. I'm shocked. She finally said it. After all these years and I commend her for it.

Yes I read this blog yesterday on her website and was surprised and pleased that she said it. As for her once being a believer, weren't we all? One too many fake gas chamber stories did it for me too.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 3 years 8 months ago (Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:10 pm)

I hope she doesn't have a "no robots" tag in her website, so that it doesn't someday disappear like Black Rabbit's (Winston Smith Ministry of Truth?) did.

And really relying on archive.org or search engine caches to preserve one's website isn't the best idea either. She should send the whole site on a cd to CODOH, with the instructions that if her site ever goes down, then here is a backup.

Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Dresden » 3 years 8 months ago (Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:37 pm)

Jim Rizoli asked furtherglory:

“Just for the record, what year and what topic made you think twice about the Holocaust....what did it for you?”

furtherglory answered:

"In 1998, I went to see the former Dachau camp. At that time, I knew nothing about the Holocaust, but I was curious about it. Dachau is very close to Munich, which is the first place that I went to visit. I decided to take a bus to the Dachau memorial site. I was amazed to see that the Dachau camp was located right on a major street in the town of Dachau. If you are going to kill Jews in gas chambers, shouldn’t you do this in some hidden place? Not in a place where everyone can see what you are doing? That’s when I started studying the Holocaust, and I quickly became a denier"

k0nsl

Postby k0nsl » 3 years 8 months ago (Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:05 pm)

I, too, have been a subscriber and frequent reader of her blog since many years and I would like to offer my help; If somebody is in contact with this lady and you think she would want her blog(s) backed up, please write me a private message here on the forum, or send an e-mail to "[email protected]" or "[email protected]", and I will happily help in anyway possible. Her blog is running WordPress so there's easy ways to export all data without hassle.

Faithfully,
-k0nsl

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 3 years 8 months ago (Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:06 pm)

Dresden quoting Furtherglory:
..That’s when I started studying the Holocaust, and I quickly became a denier"

I think it's something everyone deals with and an age-old issue: you believe something, and can't come out and say it because it's taboo. But you can "kind of imply it" or "hint at it" in a way that you're not a pariah in the community or online community, and maybe even help convince others in that gray area zone where you are accepted because you're not "extreme." Furtherglory had all kinds of holocaust believers linking to the scrapbook site.

Sometimes the individual is conflicted in themselves about it.

Sometimes it works: Edward Gibbon publishing The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire in 1776 had his book banned in some countries for it's treatment of Christianity, though in the book he often praised Christianity, but also subtly wrote criticisms of Christianity from all kinds of perspectives such as a historical perspective and humorous perspective.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”