Horst Mahler to return to prison

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Horst Mahler to return to prison

Postby Kingfisher » 1 week 4 days ago (Tue May 16, 2017 10:47 am)

This is sad news, but why the hell did he choose Hungary, which has had HD laws since 2011? Why did he not do like Vincent Reynouard and go to a country with no HD law? No need to apply for asylum, just enter as an EU citizen. As far as I know (and I am open to correction) the UK has never deported anyone for HD, since an unsuccessful attempt was made with Frederick Toben in 2009 or thereabouts. The same is probably true of Sweden, Denmark and Norway (not EU but in Schengen).

I'm sorry, Horst. I wish you courage in serving out this ridiculous sentence.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 week 4 days ago (Tue May 16, 2017 4:42 pm)

hermod wrote:[qu....

Bad news...

Now that's funny:

The German news media reported that the extremist, Horst Mahler, had announced he was seeking asylum in Hungary, where the rightist government of Prime Minister Viktor Orban has repeatedly provoked the European Union with crackdowns on the press, political opponents, refugees, judges and academic institutions.

And the regime in Germany isn't "cracking down" on historiographic dissidents / political opponents.

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Sannhet » 5 days 22 hours ago (Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 am)

Yes, there is serious "Narrative Clash" going on in that New York Times article.

Narrative One. Viktor Orban is a fascist! Probably with Neo-Nazi with sympathies.
Narrative Two. Orban's government has arrested and will deport Neo-Nazi Horst Mahler, to be jailed for Holocaust-Blasphemy, again.

(The smear term 'Neo-Nazi', used by Duestche Welle among many others -- a term not used by anyone to describe themselves, that I know of -- should not be used by respectable media, yet it is often used by prestige media. Imagine an article in the NYT about a figure seen as being on the 'far left' which uses terminology like this: "Today in the Senate, Commie Bernie Sanders called on the president to....")

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Sannhet » 5 days 21 hours ago (Mon May 22, 2017 1:53 am)

Author of the NYT article:

- Sewell Chan
- Born 1977 in Manhattan
- Raised in Flushing, Queens (Chinatown?)
- Parents of Hong Kong origin
- Harvard Graduate, Master's degree awarded in 2000.
- 2000-2004: Washington Post
- 2004-Present: New York Times

This brief bio. suggests that Mr. Chan himself likely does not bear any kind of malice against European nationalist politics (in which Mahler has been involved in recent decades), or of 'Holocaust revisionism' (Mahler's "crime"). His tone in the short article on Mahler is flat and uninspired. He cannot work up the proper amount of hatred against Mahler. I wonder why this article was assigned to him rather than to one of the many other journalists of another ethnoreligious background, better available to summon the necessary righteous indignation. His other articles are an eclectic bunch. His articles in the week since the Mahler article:

May 19, 2017 Sudan's President will Skip Saudi Meeting with Trump
May 17, 2017 2 Men in Indonesia Sentenced to Caning for Having Gay Sex
May 16, 2017 Trump Defends Sharing Information on ISIS Threat with Russia
May 15, 2017 The Fallout from a Global Cyberattack: 'A Battle We'r Fighting Every Day'

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Comments / News”