Getting at the real history of Dachau

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Goethe
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Goethe » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:42 pm)

Website of note:
http://www.wwatch.org/holocaust%20revis ... topics.htm

An interesting item found there is this exchange (comments between quotes are from the website):

I wrote the Scrapbook Pages website in or around July 24, 2003 , in reference to that site's Virtual Tour of Dachau Also, read a Quick Overview of Dachau on the same website.

The website owner is apparently an expert on the various WWII German concentration camps in Germany and in other then German-occupied countries . He informs me that he has visited the Dachau Concentration Camp three times.

I inquired as follows:

As I took the "virtual tour" of Dachau , page after page after page, I could not help but thinking: 'Yes, but has it not been pretty firmly established that the "gas chambers" were probably never "operational.?" Is not the discussion moot at this point? Even (Simon) Wiesenthal said there were no extermination camps on German soil. So why are we taken on a tour that continues to suggest that Dachau was, indeed, such a camp?
TM

I received a lengthy reply shortly thereafter. It is presented below almost in its entirety:
The Memorial Site at Dachau is controlled by the International Prisoners Committee which is a group of former Communist political prisoners at Dachau, based in Belgium.

This International Committee had taken over the camp in the last couple of days before the American soldiers arrived. After the liberation, they helped the Americans to administer the camp. They also gave the Americans the official history of the camp, and told them all about the gas chamber. The story of Dachau was, and still is, controlled by them. The Committee was responsible for setting up the Memorial Site and the museum in 1965.

One of the members of this organization was Dr. Franz Blaha who testified at the Nuremberg IMT that there was a gas chamber at Dachau . At one time, he was the president of the InternationalCommittee after the war.

Some of the survivors of Dachau are still alive, including some of the members of the original International Committee. They are not going to allow the Memorial Site to say definitely that the gas chamber was never operational. This would mean that numerous survivors lied about the gas chamber, including members of the International Committee. It would mean that one of the most prominent members of the Committee committed perjury.

Another problem is that if the Memorial Site were to say definitely that there was no gas chamber at Dachau, that would mean that there were three rooms of the crematorium building which were never used, but were kept empty for two years. These rooms are the waiting room, the undressing room and the gas chamber disguised as a shower room, or in other words, almost half the building. The other rooms in the building were full of dead bodies, but these three rooms were empty when the Americans arrived. People would begin to wonder why they didn't just use the gas chamber as a shower room, since there are water pipes going into the room and floor drains connected to the main sewer line. If people started coming to the conclusion that the gas chamber was really a shower room, then that would mean that someone modified the shower room, AFTER the camp was liberated, to make it into a gas chamber.
In other words, this would be the same as accusing the American military or the American government of perpetrating a hoax. This would be a disaster for America , especially now that some people are accusing the American government of invading Iraq on the basis of false information. I don't think the American government is prepared to tell the world that when the American soldiers arrived at Dachau, there was a shower room there but the Communists told them that it was a gas chamber, so the Americans went along with it and made a few changes to the shower room.

It is against the law in Germany to say that the gas chamber at Dachau is a fake. David Irving was convicted of a crime for saying this. If I were to say something like that on my web site, I could be put into prison the next time I visit Germany .

On my last visit to Dachau in May this year (2003), I saw that the Memorial Site is now saying that the gas chamber was used. I have updated my web site with this new information……

Thanks for your letter and your comments

David

Postby David » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:02 pm)

It is admitted by anti-Revisionists that Dachau never had operational gas chambers during the war. Well, they were in the making weren't they? And that's enough evidence of homicide.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:20 pm)

David:
Your points and others are thoroughly refuted in your previous effort on Dachau.
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=963

- H.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”