Huge surge in CODOH Forum interest, numbers say it all

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
User avatar
Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:12 pm
Location: USA

Re: Huge surge in CODOH Forum interest, numbers say it all

Postby Sannhet » 2 years 3 months ago (Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:30 am)

One thing I like about CODOH-Forum, to be honest, is the strict enforcement of on-topic discussion. The proposed new Current Affairs subforum would seem to be more "Anything Goes." That said, as long as the proposed Current Affairs subforum doesn't take over activity at the site, it could be a good idea.

One concern: Trolling by Holocaust Thugs via the creation of fake accounts to spam crude "neo-Nazi" material (etc.) on this proposed new subforum, to discredit CODOH's work in general.

User avatar
Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 3356
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:59 am

Re: Huge surge in CODOH Forum interest, numbers say it all

Postby Hektor » 2 years 3 months ago (Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:50 am)

Sannhet wrote:....
One concern: Trolling by Holocaust Thugs via the creation of fake accounts to spam crude "neo-Nazi" material (etc.) on this proposed new subforum, to discredit CODOH's work in general.

It would be non-Holocaust, non-WW2 topics in that subforum. But I agree that Holotrolls can be a problem. But why was that still manageable when we only had Holo/WW2 topics? The numbers may be an issue, but also the fact that it is moderated and a lot of writers here already have a nose for those types of agent provocateurs.

User avatar
borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 2514
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:52 am
Location: Europe

Re: Huge surge in CODOH Forum interest, numbers say it all

Postby borjastick » 2 years 3 months ago (Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:48 pm)

Sannhet wrote:One thing I like about CODOH-Forum, to be honest, is the strict enforcement of on-topic discussion. The proposed new Current Affairs subforum would seem to be more "Anything Goes." That said, as long as the proposed Current Affairs subforum doesn't take over activity at the site, it could be a good idea.

One concern: Trolling by Holocaust Thugs via the creation of fake accounts to spam crude "neo-Nazi" material (etc.) on this proposed new subforum, to discredit CODOH's work in general.


I think it could undermine the credibility of this forum and the work the forumites have been doing.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

User avatar
Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:12 pm
Location: USA

Re: Huge surge in CODOH Forum interest, numbers say it all

Postby Sannhet » 2 years 3 months ago (Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:33 am)

borjastick wrote:I think it could undermine the credibility of this forum and the work the forumites have been doing.

Yes; this should be considered carefully.

That a relatively open discussion subforum about 'Current Affairs' at a place like this would attract trolls posing as (cartoonish) 'neo-Nazis,' is a real danger.

Lothario
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Re: Huge surge in CODOH Forum interest, numbers say it all

Postby Lothario » 2 years 3 months ago (Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:28 am)

Rmbrmb21 wrote:On top of that, I honestly believe that Hitler and Nazism, or something akin to it, are encroaching on being as popular as they were in the 1930s. The Alt-Right, which is apparently massive enough to shift an American election, is at its base made up of ethnic-nationalists and fascists that idolize Hitler and the Nazis. I admire Hitler and the Nazis even, but it's not something I plaster all over the internet, neither do I wear swastikas or Heil Hitler in public, but my contemporaries can't seem to do it enough. And no, I don't believe it's ironic humor somehow, it seems too genuine for that.

So, this is probably, maybe, I don't know, but it could be part of the reason there has been an influx in site activity. It's a good thing at any rate.


I'm sorry to say this, but you are fooled by the mainstream media. The Alt-Right is just an insignificant movement with at best a couple thousand followers. A better representation of President Trump's supporter base can be found on Reddit and it's nothing like you describe. Without going to much offtopic, what I notice there is the deep distrust against mainstream media and official institutions. Although my (and others) revisionist message is allowed there (because free speech is held in the highest esteem), the image of Hitler and National-Socialism as pure evil is persistent. You could almost say it's the one thing on which they agree with liberals.

But I agree that the tide is turning. Holocaust revisionism is becoming less of a taboo.
They are afraid of words and thoughts; words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home — all the more powerful because forbidden — terrify them ... They make frantic efforts to bar our thoughts and words; they are afraid of the workings of the human mind

User avatar
Rmbrmb21
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: Huge surge in CODOH Forum interest, numbers say it all

Postby Rmbrmb21 » 2 years 3 months ago (Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:51 am)

Lothario wrote:
Rmbrmb21 wrote:On top of that, I honestly believe that Hitler and Nazism, or something akin to it, are encroaching on being as popular as they were in the 1930s. The Alt-Right, which is apparently massive enough to shift an American election, is at its base made up of ethnic-nationalists and fascists that idolize Hitler and the Nazis. I admire Hitler and the Nazis even, but it's not something I plaster all over the internet, neither do I wear swastikas or Heil Hitler in public, but my contemporaries can't seem to do it enough. And no, I don't believe it's ironic humor somehow, it seems too genuine for that.

So, this is probably, maybe, I don't know, but it could be part of the reason there has been an influx in site activity. It's a good thing at any rate.


I'm sorry to say this, but you are fooled by the mainstream media. The Alt-Right is just an insignificant movement with at best a couple thousand followers. A better representation of President Trump's supporter base can be found on Reddit and it's nothing like you describe. Without going to much offtopic, what I notice there is the deep distrust against mainstream media and official institutions. Although my (and others) revisionist message is allowed there (because free speech is held in the highest esteem), the image of Hitler and National-Socialism as pure evil is persistent. You could almost say it's the one thing on which they agree with liberals.

But I agree that the tide is turning. Holocaust revisionism is becoming less of a taboo.


I will try my best to stay within reason and not go off-topic too much. The only reason I mentioned and will mention modern politics is because I believe they have a bearing on why revision is becoming more mainstream and why CODOH is increasing in site traffic.

So, I disagree, the Alt-Right is much more than a few thousand. Social-media attests to that. Twitter is filled with Alt-Right mouthpieces, and they have tens of thousands of followers that push the idea that the Alt-Right is a big deal. Even more so can you find white-nationalist sympathies on YouTube. Videos of Hitler or compilations of Nazi military marches are extremely popular. Millions of comments can be found with ease that glorify Hitler and the Nazis. The same can be said about revisionist videos, they're far more popular now than they ever were on YouTube. I don't think I even need to mention 4-Chan, not that I necessarily want to. You can call it whatever you want, new-right, radical-right, far-right, lite-brite, doesn't matter. Whatever this wave of right-wing sympathies is called, it's undeniable that it exists.

Beyond SM and the internet in general, you'd be hard pressed to find someone openly expressing these kinds of views. The establishment right, the GOP, in the USA is as liberal as the fanatical Antifa when it comes to racial policies. Considering NatSoc had built in racial policies, and since the fools believe that those policies lead to a wholesale slaughter of Jews, both sides can't seem to get enough of calling the other side a bunch of Nazis. That's partly why both Dems and Reps still throw Hitler around as the ultimate evil. The other parts undoubtedly have to do with Jewish influence in American politics. In reality, Hitler has vacated the title of "most evil guy ever" and is dropping in the ranks rapidly.

The reason you can't seem to find people who will declare themselves Alt-Right or Hitler admirers in the real world is because people are still afraid of being called racist, and with good reason. Being labeled a racist, or similarly tiresome buzzword, is a death sentence in today's age. Employers get word that you're a "racist", no job for you and constant harassment by so called "anti-racists". So, what I'm getting at is that the majority of white Americans that do hold these values, which is significant, only display them places where they won't be found out. As we all know, spouting off against holocaustianity can result in prison time in some places and your career being ruined just about everywhere else. Same kind of stuff happens in politics.

There was a poll done by the London School of Economics dealing with immigration in the states. Not illegal, just regular immigration. Now, I don't know much about the LSE, but the article seemed pretty solid. According to their survey, 60% of white Americans were inclined to dropping immigration to zero, zilch, naught, when their identities were concealed. Just 39% of white Americans were in favor of doing the same when their identities were not concealed. That's pretty telling to me. I wonder what would happen if they did the same type of poll for holocaust revision.

To sum it all up, I believe that holocaust revision is on the uptick in a major way because of the current political climate in the West, particularly America. However, you won't find a Joe walking down the street who will happily confess that they don't believe in the holocaust and that Hitler was a great person. You'll have to go to the place where everyone's identity is nothing more than their username and profile-picture, or so they think, in order to learn that Joe actually goes by HeilHitler88 and he desperately wishes that the Germans had used Tabun gas to win the war. That place of course is the internet.

Lothario
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Re: Huge surge in CODOH Forum interest, numbers say it all

Postby Lothario » 2 years 3 months ago (Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:46 am)

Rmbrmb21 wrote:
Lothario wrote:
Rmbrmb21 wrote:On top of that, I honestly believe that Hitler and Nazism, or something akin to it, are encroaching on being as popular as they were in the 1930s. The Alt-Right, which is apparently massive enough to shift an American election, is at its base made up of ethnic-nationalists and fascists that idolize Hitler and the Nazis. I admire Hitler and the Nazis even, but it's not something I plaster all over the internet, neither do I wear swastikas or Heil Hitler in public, but my contemporaries can't seem to do it enough. And no, I don't believe it's ironic humor somehow, it seems too genuine for that.

So, this is probably, maybe, I don't know, but it could be part of the reason there has been an influx in site activity. It's a good thing at any rate.


I'm sorry to say this, but you are fooled by the mainstream media. The Alt-Right is just an insignificant movement with at best a couple thousand followers. A better representation of President Trump's supporter base can be found on Reddit and it's nothing like you describe. Without going to much offtopic, what I notice there is the deep distrust against mainstream media and official institutions. Although my (and others) revisionist message is allowed there (because free speech is held in the highest esteem), the image of Hitler and National-Socialism as pure evil is persistent. You could almost say it's the one thing on which they agree with liberals.

But I agree that the tide is turning. Holocaust revisionism is becoming less of a taboo.


I will try my best to stay within reason and not go off-topic too much. The only reason I mentioned and will mention modern politics is because I believe they have a bearing on why revision is becoming more mainstream and why CODOH is increasing in site traffic.

So, I disagree, the Alt-Right is much more than a few thousand. Social-media attests to that. Twitter is filled with Alt-Right mouthpieces, and they have tens of thousands of followers that push the idea that the Alt-Right is a big deal. Even more so can you find white-nationalist sympathies on YouTube. Videos of Hitler or compilations of Nazi military marches are extremely popular. Millions of comments can be found with ease that glorify Hitler and the Nazis. The same can be said about revisionist videos, they're far more popular now than they ever were on YouTube. I don't think I even need to mention 4-Chan, not that I necessarily want to. You can call it whatever you want, new-right, radical-right, far-right, lite-brite, doesn't matter. Whatever this wave of right-wing sympathies is called, it's undeniable that it exists.

Beyond SM and the internet in general, you'd be hard pressed to find someone openly expressing these kinds of views. The establishment right, the GOP, in the USA is as liberal as the fanatical Antifa when it comes to racial policies. Considering NatSoc had built in racial policies, and since the fools believe that those policies lead to a wholesale slaughter of Jews, both sides can't seem to get enough of calling the other side a bunch of Nazis. That's partly why both Dems and Reps still throw Hitler around as the ultimate evil. The other parts undoubtedly have to do with Jewish influence in American politics. In reality, Hitler has vacated the title of "most evil guy ever" and is dropping in the ranks rapidly.

The reason you can't seem to find people who will declare themselves Alt-Right or Hitler admirers in the real world is because people are still afraid of being called racist, and with good reason. Being labeled a racist, or similarly tiresome buzzword, is a death sentence in today's age. Employers get word that you're a "racist", no job for you and constant harassment by so called "anti-racists". So, what I'm getting at is that the majority of white Americans that do hold these values, which is significant, only display them places where they won't be found out. As we all know, spouting off against holocaustianity can result in prison time in some places and your career being ruined just about everywhere else. Same kind of stuff happens in politics.

There was a poll done by the London School of Economics dealing with immigration in the states. Not illegal, just regular immigration. Now, I don't know much about the LSE, but the article seemed pretty solid. According to their survey, 60% of white Americans were inclined to dropping immigration to zero, zilch, naught, when their identities were concealed. Just 39% of white Americans were in favor of doing the same when their identities were not concealed. That's pretty telling to me. I wonder what would happen if they did the same type of poll for holocaust revision.

To sum it all up, I believe that holocaust revision is on the uptick in a major way because of the current political climate in the West, particularly America. However, you won't find a Joe walking down the street who will happily confess that they don't believe in the holocaust and that Hitler was a great person. You'll have to go to the place where everyone's identity is nothing more than their username and profile-picture, or so they think, in order to learn that Joe actually goes by HeilHitler88 and he desperately wishes that the Germans had used Tabun gas to win the war. That place of course is the internet.


You're not getting my point. My point is that the mainstream media like to frame everyone who has politically incorrect opinions as Alt-Right and thus white supremacist and racist. This might have given you the impression that the movement has any significance (i.e. "shift an election"). Trump's base is very nationalistic, against illegal immigration and sees Islam as a danger to western societies, but in no way consists of "ethnic-nationalists and fascists that idolize Hitler and the Nazis". In contrary I would say. An important part of their nationalistic feelings and self-image is based on the 'good war' they fought seventy-five years ago in which they defeated 'pure evil'.

But like I said earlier, they are very aware of how the mainstream media are used to spread propaganda and manipulate the people and how they have been lied to in the past. This awareness is the opening to spread the revisionist message.
They are afraid of words and thoughts; words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home — all the more powerful because forbidden — terrify them ... They make frantic efforts to bar our thoughts and words; they are afraid of the workings of the human mind


Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 3 guests