Books to Read

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Books to Read

Postby Hektor » 2 years 2 months ago (Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:31 pm)

Revisionist wrote:Check out the basis on which the claims are made in the books. When it comes to mass killing they are always citing eye witnesses.
Raul Hilberg did this in "Destruction of the European Jews" when he talks about killings.

And it should be noted a selection of eyewitnesses. The potential witnesses that "saw nothing" are widely ignored, although it seems that they are the vast majority of cases.

What I would like to see is an Auschwitz source compilation with all relevant documents and testimonies collected in it.

Revisionist

Postby Revisionist » 2 years 2 months ago (Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:02 am)

Yes, people like Marian (see my farmer story thread) are never cited. Or any other locals who could witness whats happening from the outside world.

I think Pressac books would be a interest read from the orthodox point of view. He is the only one who was really critical about the testimonies. Too bad that Carlo Mattogno and Germar Rudolf already demolished his arguments.

Lothario

Postby Lothario » 2 years 2 months ago (Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:21 am)

Revisionist wrote:I think Pressac books would be a interest read from the orthodox point of view. He is the only one who was really critical about the testimonies. Too bad that Carlo Mattogno and Germar Rudolf already demolished his arguments.

Recently there was a thread on this forum that discusses whether Pressac was actually a revisionist who went undercover to the orthodox side. You might find that interesting. It can be found here: https://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11177&hilit=pressac
They are afraid of words and thoughts; words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home — all the more powerful because forbidden — terrify them ... They make frantic efforts to bar our thoughts and words; they are afraid of the workings of the human mind

ginger
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ginger » 2 years 2 months ago (Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:13 pm)

Metal Murphy wrote:One of my friends found out about my research in this area and is openly skeptical of Holocaust Revisionism. He is encouraging me to read certain books on the "Holocaust." Naturally I'm a bit skeptical on reading these titles so I wanted to run these past the forum members here and see what you think:

Laurence Rees "Auschwitz, a New History"
Christian Gerlach "The Extermination of the European Jews"
Christopher Browning "the Origins of the Final Solution" and "Ordinary Men"
David Cesarani "Final Solution"

Has anyone read any of these and what are your opinions of them?

In my opinion if you don't want to read gratuitous lurid details about what happened to the Jews, stay away from Rees or Cesarini - they made their
careers insisting that the horror stories happened and adding lurid details to sell movies, books, and themselves. Both are useless sources of information.

Two books I liked focused on the culture of the Jews - one is, "Founding Myths of Israeli Politics" Roger Garaudy, 1996, which includes discussion of the Holocaust, and two is, "Jewish History, Jewish Religion" Israel Shahak, 1994. Israel Shahak was a professor in Israel and got in a lot of trouble for his work - he points out that in their history the Jews hated non-Jews, hated Jesus, burned the New Testament, and their leaders didn't care about the poor in their own communities. So he debunked the image of the Jew as always being a victim, and always being liberal in their politics. And he coined a term "Judeo-Nazi" which reflects Israel's cruel treatment of Palestinians.

Revisionist

Postby Revisionist » 2 years 2 months ago (Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:11 am)

Lothario wrote:Recently there was a thread on this forum that discusses whether Pressac was actually a revisionist who went undercover to the orthodox side. You might find that interesting. It can be found here: https://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11177&hilit=pressac

I remember this thread. Carlo Mattogno described Pressac's book crypto revisionist in his refutation. He had his suspicions about him and I go along with it.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”