Survivor fails questioning from a revisionist

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Revisionist

Survivor fails questioning from a revisionist

Postby Revisionist » 2 weeks 6 days ago (Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:00 am)

A revisionist visited Auschwitz and met a survivor. He asked him a lot of questions:
https://pew.tube/user/The_Revisionist/sPOeYv2

Summary:

-Never saw a gassing himself, he only heard about it.
-Same thing for cremations.
-Birkenau was for prisoners learning how to behave. They were also taught professions.
-Because he mentioned his profession as a painter to a SS man he was saved from gassing ("The Fuhrer was also a painter").
-He talks about flames from the Krema chimneys and tries to show where they were located

The last point reminds me of McCaldens "Holocaust Revisited". He suggests the smoking chimneys from the factories in the area were mistaken as smoke from mass cremations.

Sannhet
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Survivor fails questioning from a revisionist

Postby Sannhet » 2 weeks 6 days ago (Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:06 am)

Zygmunt Gross (b. 1924) was interviewed by the U.S. Holocaust Museum's oral history project in 1997: Here is his entry (content not accessible online).

On the reported conversation with the SS man which Gross claims saved his life:

SS Man. [Looks at a teenage Gross] "What is your trade?"
Zygmunt Gross. "I am a painter."
SS Man. "Oh!!" [mood brightens] "Our Fuehrer was also a painter..."

Mr. Gross' implied interpretation: The answer of 'painter' saved his life and led the SS man to decide not to gas him because of the shared avocation with Hitler. (Not plausible; the SS, under strict orders to kill Jews [in orthodox Holocaustism], would not allow some 'SS man' to spare Jews because in such a wildly subjective way.)

Alternate interpretation: Auschwitz was not an extermination camp but a small city with a huge population relative to its confined space. A rather depressing place because it was a prison-city. People will react differently to such conditions, depending on personality. This SS man was, I propose, a "glass half full" type, and made pleasant conversation with the inmates to try to brighten the mood. Just asking the question itself suggests a friendly temperament and a desire at some level to see the inmates as humans. This is not some hardline anti-Semtic fanatic, but a regular person who wants to engage people, to make the best of things.

Elroy

Postby Elroy » 2 weeks 6 days ago (Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:43 am)

No doubt some of the SS men and women were simply no different than how screws regard prisoners at any jail. Almost all are professional, occasionally you'll get a cunt (excuse language), most will beat down given resistance. Some are punces and push overs for inmates, most treat inmates with respect whom cooperate and offer no flak. It's simple as that.

On this case I think however the most obvious answer is that the whole encounter is a lie.

And even if it was real or it was imagined, the scenario either did or was supposed to depict the selection process.

On arrival prisoners were asked their trade in order to be drafted. In the myth, this was part of the "live or die" garbage. In reality- it was one of the main determinators as to what barracks or even other camp that inmate was sent. Obviously.

As for the account itself, it is just absurd and just obviously a lie. Such a testimony stands as a little tiny piece of evidence against the holocaust, just as every other testimony does. But we are told that every little lie story like this amounts to a mountain of evidence FOR the holocaust.

It's just absurd!

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 2 weeks 6 days ago (Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:13 am)

Revisionist wrote:A revisionist visited Auschwitz and met a survivor. He asked him a lot of questions:
https://pew.tube/user/The_Revisionist/sPOeYv2
Summary:
-Never saw a gassing himself, he only heard about it.

And I'd even believe that. I'm certain people spoke about "gassing" in the camp, due to the fact that delousing gassing took place. That story may have been obfuscated with the showers as well, since the shower rooms were in the same building as the "gas chambers".

-Same thing for cremations.

Well, they happened in an enclosed buildings. It isn't a spectator business nowadays, neither.
-Birkenau was for prisoners learning how to behave. They were also taught professions.

And a quarantine camp!

-Because he mentioned his profession as a painter to a SS man he was saved from gassing ("The Fuhrer was also a painter").

Now that's convenient.
Indeed the prisoners didn't only add surface treatments to walls, they also produced art work. Guess what CNN makes of it:
SS soldiers also exploited the prisoners' talents for private purposes, making them create portraits, landscapes, greeting cards and illustrations of German legends. Soldiers sent some of the art to their families or displayed it in the camp's own gallery, the Lagermuseum.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/23/world ... index.html

They were "exploited", sounds more like that was additional cultural activities for prisoners.

-He talks about flames from the Krema chimneys and tries to show where they were located
The last point reminds me of McCaldens "Holocaust Revisited". He suggests the smoking chimneys from the factories in the area were mistaken as smoke from mass cremations.

Actually that is my suspicion as well. Given that those were kind of refineries around Auschwitz, some of the chimneys may indeed have had flames, been thrown out. Ideal to tell entertaining horror stories to newbies.

Revisionist

Postby Revisionist » 2 weeks 6 days ago (Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:20 pm)

And I'd even believe that. I'm certain people spoke about "gassing" in the camp, due to the fact that delousing gassing took place. That story may have been obfuscated with the showers as well, since the shower rooms were in the same building as the "gas chambers".

I think he even mentions this process shortly and talks even about selection. Not in great detail but still.
The blueprint reveals something which I always thought. A gas chamber would have extra rooms for separation. But the Krema I killing room is has no separation from the ovens beside the swinging door.

They were "exploited", sounds more like that was additional cultural activities for prisoners.

I noticed that every camp activity is spined in a negative way. For example, in the Stutthof museum it is claimed the hospital doctors were also part of a mass killing program (besides from euthanasia).

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Comments / News”