Raising Children with Revisionism

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
affirmationist77

Raising Children with Revisionism

Postby affirmationist77 » 2 years 3 weeks ago (Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:49 pm)

I plan to homeschool my children. I've been devoting much thought lately about the true instruction of history, particularly things like the Holocaust. I want my children to know the truth, but I fear them going out into the world not realizing just how controversial the truth is and the possible consequences that they might face.

How do you educate your children about this?

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Raising Children with Revisionism

Postby Kingfisher » 2 years 3 weeks ago (Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:56 pm)

I presume you want to bring them up to think for themselves, not take what they're told at face value. Since for a revisionist the "Holocaust" is not such a big deal, but just one aspect of WW2 why not just wait for it to come to them then tell them that you don't personally accept the standard story?

If they want to know why, tell them as much or as little as they want to know or are ready for, but with a warning that this is a topic people get very upset about and that they should avoid getting into any arguments about it till they are older and can form their own opinions. Meanwhile, they should keep an open mind and look at both the revisionist and standard versions. As they grow up and learn more they can decide what to believe or just keep an open mind.

The other side indoctrinates and demands compliance. We don't.

Note that I don't speak from experience, though. My kids were already grown up when I reached revisionist conclusions, and I haven't discussed it with them. One of them knows, the other doesn't, though both know I share Finkelstein's position that it is exploited.

Try to encourage an open-minded attitude to all issues where conventionally we are told there are "Goodies" and "Baddies". Tell them people come into conflict for all sorts of reasons and that rather than take sides we should try to understand what those reasons are or were.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 2 years 2 weeks ago (Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:08 pm)

affirmationist77 wrote:I plan to homeschool my children. I've been devoting much thought lately about the true instruction of history, particularly things like the Holocaust. I want my children to know the truth, but I fear them going out into the world not realizing just how controversial the truth is and the possible consequences that they might face.

I would try to find other parents who feel the same, form a group, and let it be known that you as a group do not accept the absurd claims.
Claims that are impossible, that are highly offensive, inflammatory, hateful, and racist against white gentiles.

Inform the relevant 'authorities' that the group refuses to teach their children to hate themselves for events which do not stand up to rational, scientific scrutiny.

I wouldn't be shy about it. I would be polite, but quite strong in resisting any mandatory teaching of what amounts to a fictitious religion which teaches hate.

Welcome, Hannover

And why do so many people want '6M Jews & 5M others' to be dead? Revisionists don't.
Revisionists bring good news, Jews should be elated.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 2 years 2 weeks ago (Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:18 pm)

Hannover,

I don't know to what extent mandatory content is a problem, here, but insofar as it might be I think your suggestions are good and constructive. I wouldn't raise the issue with the authorities, but if they raise it first, yes, be polite but firm.

In any case though, however much they might attempt to decree the content of your curriculum, they can't control what you talk about outside the"classroom".

OttoHofler

Postby OttoHofler » 2 years 2 weeks ago (Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:58 am)

Read to them "Lectures of the Holocaust" before they go to bed.

Metal Murphy

Postby Metal Murphy » 2 years 2 weeks ago (Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:38 pm)

I haven’t gotten that far yet, I don’t have children.

But, I imagine that must be really hard. Kids get a copy of Night as they walk through the door.

Elroy
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Elroy » 2 years 2 weeks ago (Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:30 am)

I have been considering this issue with my nearly 4 year old son now with regards to "History" classes.

I am contemplating withdrawing him from such history classes on something like "religious" grounds lol for a historical narrative that in light of recent learnings am unable to believe not only personally but I feel is highly offensive to disseminate to another human being.

David M

Postby David M » 2 years 2 weeks ago (Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:33 pm)

affirmationist77 wrote: but I fear them going out into the world not realizing just how controversial the truth is and the possible consequences that they might face.

As the authorities work to stigmatize and criminalize Revisionism, this becomes a very relevant question. On one hand we do not want to handicap our children with anything that would cause them problems. On the other hand Revisionism is an important part of forming an accuate world view. Holocaust Revisionism, for me, is merely part of a larger skeptical view of societial norms. Thinking for yourself could be an important survival trait in future times.

I, myself, have not spent much time explaining Holocaust Revisionism to my children. I would be very happy if they asked but they are more conformists rather than rebels. They have been heavily propagandized in the school system, including warnings to avoid “anti-Semites and Haters” who deny the Holocaust. The fact that I am a Revisionist is something I do not hide from my children but it is a source of embarassment for them.

Importantly, my spouse is adamently anti-Revisionist; looking only at the problems Revisionism can bring. This is the most important factor relative to Revisionism in my household. Calm discussions of foundational matters such as definitions of war crimes or evolution of understandings of history are necessay to challenge society’s loud drumbeat of Holocaust Belief. They do not happen around our dinner table.

Good luck on home schooling your children! I did it for my first two.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”