I smell a possible NEW lie from Elie Wiesel.

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
gonzo

I smell a possible NEW lie from Elie Wiesel.

Postby gonzo » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:54 pm)

Under a very well known photograph, it has the caption

"Wiesel is in the second row of
bunks, seventh from the left"

scroll 1/3 down to see emaciated jews in bunks. Wiesel claims to be in famous photo.

Some cross referencing of this photo could catch him in another lie.

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/biography/Wiesel.html

Dont let the site know if it is a lie

gonzo

Postby gonzo » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:22 am)

http://www.historywiz.com/camp.htm

scroll 1/2 way down for same picture, different site. This picture claims it is Dachau... Wiesel wasnt even in Dachau ! So what is the real story on this photo?

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:33 am)

Good work, Gonzo. These liars will try & say anything.

At the 1st link where it shows the thin inmates (curious, they were not killed when the Germans certainly could have) it states:
on January 19, the SS forced the inmates of Buna on a death march. For ten days, the prisoners were forced to run and, at the end, were crammed into freight cars and sent to Buchenwald. Of the 20,000 prisoners who left Buna, 6,000 reached Buchenwald. Upon arrival on June 29, Wiesel’s father, Shlomo, died of dysentery, starvation and exhaustion.

Wiesel was sent to join 600 children in Block 66 of Buchenwald. As the end of the war approached, on April 6, 1945, the guards told the prisoners they would no longer be fed, and began evacuating the camp, killing 10,000 prisoners a day. On the morning of April 11, an underground movement rose from within the camp and attacked the SS guards. In early evening, the first American military units arrived and liberated the camp.

- Fact: the SS gave them a choice to stay at Auschwitz/Birkenau, where the Buna factory was, and wait for the advancing Soviets, or leave with the retreating SS....they overwhelmingly chose to retreat with the SS.

- By saying 6,000 arrived at Buchenwald they imply that 14,000 out the alleged 20,000 evacuated were killed. What they don't consider, ofcourse, is that they were sent elsewhere.

- At 10,000 allegedly 'killed' per day from April 6 to April 11 would mean 50,000 supposedly killed. Where's the bodies?

- And how could Wiesel's father die in June when Buchenwald was taken by the Americans in April?

- We have to consider the fact that if there was an alleged, mandated extermination of Jews, then why are there so many 'survivors'.

- Pictures of thin/diseased inmates obscures the fact that German soldiers and camp attendants also suffered from these same diseases...mostly typhus and dysentary.

Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:15 am)

Time Magazine, March 18, 1985:

'How had he [Wiesel] survived two of the most notorious killing fields [Auschwitz and Buchenwald] of the century? "I will never know" he says. "I was always weak. I never ate. The slightest wind would turn me over. In Buchenwald they sent 10,000 to their deaths every day. I was always in the last hundred near the gate. They stopped. Why?"

Compare this with Encyclopedia Britannica (1993), under 'Buchenwald':
"In World War II it held about 20,000 prisoners.. .

- H.

Willing to Learn

Postby Willing to Learn » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:57 pm)

What can Wiesel gain from these lies?

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:12 pm)

$$$$$

- Hannover

Willing to Learn

Postby Willing to Learn » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:07 pm)

Hannover wrote:$$$$$

- Hannover

How much is he worth, though?

Temporary on hold

Postby Temporary on hold » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:13 pm)

Is it possible the second site was put together by persons with less knowledge of happenings and they just stuck "Dachau" on the caption thinking no one would know the difference? Be careful. Maybe it is Wiesel?

code yellow
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby code yellow » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:53 pm)

:? Weisel makes 25,000 dollars per lecture,plus a chauffeur driven car!

gonzo

Postby gonzo » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:21 pm)

Dubhghall wrote:Is it possible the second site was put together by persons with less knowledge of happenings and they just stuck "Dachau" on the caption thinking no one would know the difference? Be careful. Maybe it is Wiesel?

Its possible that it could be Dachau??, but NOT Wiesel in the photo. Thats why i will check the library in a day or so. I want to find at least two reputable examples verifying date and place. It seems to me that this is a photo from the Liberation of Auschwitz by soviet soldiers. (dont quote me). If it is, then it will prove this is another lie because Wiesel was in Buchenwald.

The Jewish Virtual Library is a professional , "respectable" and well known reference site for teachers and students. The more lies we catch them at the better.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”