When someone around you brings up the Holocaust

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: When someone around you brings up the Holocaust

Postby Hektor » 5 months 3 weeks ago (Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:24 am)

Elroy wrote:
Hektor wrote:
Elroy wrote:I have the BEST one here...
Immediately it's revealed out of the blue that their father is Jewish (and hence they are) who wears a skull cap.

But then their grandfather turns out to be the quote "[b]mascot for the Sydney Holocaust Museum[/b]"

I wont write who he is- but this is what the sister showed me immediately...
https://vimeo.com/83890981

I could not contain myself and told her and my gf immediately that I do not believe- that it's like a religion. My gf went quiet- later stating she doesn't actually think that much about it- said she cared but it wasn't important to her at all and didn't know anything about history (both sisters stated previous to this knowledge that the grandfather always says quote "you are the children of the survivors of the holocaust- you need to be active in keeping the memory alive". Me and my gf are still going fine and it's never come up again.

Try to milk the grandfather for information. What does he know? And yes, try to see what he knows first hand and what of his "memory" and "knowledge" is just conjecture or simply stories he's been made to believe. You don't have to do it yourself. Perhaps your girl friend or someone else can just ask questions and get answers. You need to prepare that of course.

Including Jurgen; No the sister says period and I agree that it could never be brought up by me AT ALL. Watch the segment I linked- that is the grandfather. What he says is outrageous and can be demolished in any angle- he is a deliberate liar of course.
Questioning him on an enforced lie might be fun but I cannot see what good can come of it.
His testimony sounds embellished to me. However the basic plot of evacuation from Auschwitz is correct. At that stage conditions already had deteriorate so much, that I think a harsh experience is plausible. The problem is that allegations aren't really testable. And they obviously have been cherry-picked from the bigger picture to make the extermination claim sound more plausible.

As for milking for information, I don't want to be it in a mode of interrogation to catch him out on lying. What I would like to see is that he'd tell me more about daily routines in the camp. Perhaps something interesting will come out there.

Elroy wrote:More the point I would like the educate the sisters- especially my gf's sister who wants to know the truth and is already a bit taken a back and skeptical after our encounter. I want to use this to my advantage- it could be a blessing actually. The grandfather depicted there is very sick apparently- so it is unlikely I will get to the stage where the daughter might question him. Unfortunately because that's how I would like to have played it.

Blood is thick and even if both girls came to the conclusion their grandfather is a liar- I do not think they would be willing to confront him themselves with that information. Such is the strength of the lie.

Oh, so you want to do some deprogramming, then. Some practical knowledge would come in handy. But I don't know them, so take my advice on that careful. Pointing out that the Holocaust-theme is used within the Jewish community for control purposes may be a good start.
I can think of "The Holocaust Industry" by Norman Finkelstein as a good start or the movie "Defamation" by Yoav Shamir as intro into the subject.
https://archive.org/details/YoavShamirsDefamation

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”