SS General Otto Ohlendorf's confession/recantation

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:45 pm)

As a desperate explanation, they try to tell us that all the alleged mass graves were dug up and the bodies burnt, preposterous in itself, the graves could easily be found anyway if true.

But they have lost track of all their lies. According to the alleged 'testimony' of SS Blobel, which cannot be supported with actual orders, any genuine documents, or physical evidence, (and who knows what they did to him or that he even said this), this was supposedly said:
Owing to the moving up of the front-line it was not possible to destroy the mass graves further south and east which had resulted from executions by the Einsatzgruppen.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... obel1.html

No excuses now, where are these alleged mass graves to show the world? Nowhere, they do not exist.

Hoisted by their own petard.

- Hannover

If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Wroclaw

Re: SS General Otto Ohlendorf's confession/recantation

Postby Wroclaw » 7 years 7 months ago (Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:49 pm)

I have tried to engage a member of this forum on another forum. This person has alleged that all Nuremberg proceedings were not valid, and I asked him whether this could also be said of the Einsatzgruppen case.

He was unaware there was a second Einsatzgruppen trial.

So I came to this thread. Some points I see made here:

David wrote:As already stated by an extermination skeptic at another site, Ohlendorf recanted.

It does not appear this is true. I've tried to find this alleged anywhere, actually, and can find it nowhere.

FW wrote:For Oehlendorf to challenge the "facts" would have proved fatal.

Given that he was on trial for his life anyway, what could he possibly have had to lose? He had already seen the previous defendants at Nuremberg hanged — and, frankly, for personally taking part in far less. And yet he pled not guilty.

Hannover wrote:In his later, 1948 trial, Ohlendorf changed his story.

As with the recantation, I find no evidence of a second trial. Who conducted this trial and where?

I see it alleged that Ohlendorf complained about his treatment in his closing statement. And yet, his final words in Nuremberg were these: "If the Tribunal please, I do not wish to end my final statement without expressing my gratitude for the very generous way in which you have dealt with the problems which we have regarded as important to these proceedings."

Finally, there's the claim that no mass graves have been found.

Patrick Desbois has identified 650. And as he goes to them, he interviews the local residents about what they saw. Nobody ever denies it happened there.

I guess I'd like to know what's unbelievable about this part of the Holocaust.

Werd
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Werd » 2 years 10 months ago (Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:35 pm)

I got into it with Nessie over Ohlendorf's allegedly accurate testimony at another site. I figured I would bump this. There have been no answers to this in a few years. Why? Where does one get the idea that Otto recanted, had a second trial and claimed that he was treated just and fair?

Recantation:
It does not appear this is true. I've tried to find this alleged anywhere, actually, and can find it nowhere.

The testimony that Nessie and others make a big deal about is Otto's IMT testimony here.
The Testimony of SS General Otto Ohlendorf, Einsatzgruppe D International Military Tribunal January 3, 1946
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/f ... imony.html

Okay so he had a trial here in 1946. This is where he supposedly spills the beans. But here is another trial he went through.
"The Einsatzgruppen Case" Military Tribunal II Case No.9
http://www.phdn.org/archives/www.ess.uw ... satz2c.htm

In his testimony in this Enisatzgruppen trial, we find what Hektor quoted in his post a page back:
Q. Did you know about plans or directives which had as their goal the extermination on racial and religious grounds?

A. I expressly assure you that I neither knew of such plans nor was I called on to cooperate in any such plans. Lieutenant General [Obergruppenfuehrer] Bach-Zelewski testified during the big trial [before the International Military Tribunal] that the Reich Leader SS in a secret conference of all lieutenant generals made known that the goal was to exterminate thirty million Slavs. I repeat that I was neither given such an order nor was there even the slightest hint, given to me that such plans or goals existed for the Russian campaign. This is not only true for the Slavs but this is also true for the Jews. I know that in the years of 1938, 1939 and 1940, no extermination plans existed, but on the contrary, with the aid of Heydrich and by cooperation with Jewish organizations, emigration programs from Germany and Austria were arranged; financial funds even were raised in order to help aid the poorer Jews to make this emigration possible.

I found the more phdn.org link through a google search using the key phrase "I know that in the years of 1938, 1939". I had to borrow something to use from the old link given out on codoh years ago that is dead now.
http://www.ess.uwe.ac.uk/genocide/Einsatz2c.htm#Ohlendorf%20Direct%20Examination

But yet this testimony mentioning all those years in a row is not found in the link Nessie gave out.
The Testimony of SS General Otto Ohlendorf, Einsatzgruppe D International Military Tribunal January 3, 1946
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/f ... imony.html

So we now have evidence of two different trials with Otto. The IMT one for sure in 1946. But where is this Einsatzgruppen trial from? What year?

That aside, we have to look for evidence of recanting that Wroclaw claims does not exist. Once again, we must look to Hektor's post from years ago:
...Ohlendorf was one of those subjected to the torture described earlier, and in his affidavit of November 5th, 1945 he was "persuaded" to confess that 90,000 Jews had been killed under his command alone. Ohlendorf did not come to trial until 1948, long after the main Nuremberg Trial, and by that time he was insisting that his earlier statement had been extracted from him under torture. In...
http://www.radioislam.org/historia/really/05.htm

Unfortunately Richard Hardwood makes that assertion in that section without any hard evidence to back it up.
Wroclaw wrote:As with the recantation, I find no evidence of a second trial. Who conducted this trial and where?

I found two trials with Otto as a defendant with clearly different testimonies. I don't know why Wroclaw could not.
I see it alleged that Ohlendorf complained about his treatment in his closing statement. And yet, his final words in Nuremberg were these: "If the Tribunal please, I do not wish to end my final statement without expressing my gratitude for the very generous way in which you have dealt with the problems which we have regarded as important to these proceedings."

That could mean anything. If he ever complained about the way he was treated in custody, the game is over for the gas chamber/gas van mongers. Once again, Hektor's post from years ago contained a clue:
Ohlendorf did not come on trial until 1948, long after the main Nuremberg trial, and by that time he was insisting that his earlier statement had been extorted from him by torture. In his principal speech before the 1948 tribunal, Ohlendorf denounced Philip Auerbach, the Jewish attorney-general of the Bavarian State Office for Restitution, who had recently stated that he was seeking compensation for his "eleven million Jews" who had suffered in concentration camps. Ohlendorf scornfully stated that "not the minutest part" of the people for whom Auerbach was seeking compensation had even seen a concentration camp. Ohlendorf lived to see Auerbach convicted of embezzlement and fraud before his own execution finally took place in 1951.

Ohlendorf explained to the tribunal that his formations often had to take energetic action to prevent massacres of Jews organized by local people in Russia behind the German front. He denied that all the Einsatzgruppen ever employed in the war on the eastern front inflicted one quarter of the casualties claimed by the prosecution, and he insisted that the illegal partisan warfare in the USSR had taken a much higher toll of lives -- the Soviets boasted of 500,000 -- from the regular German army.
http://www.ihr.org/books/hoggan/12.html

So can we safely conclude that Wroclaw is deliberately just not paying attention? I think so.

Werd
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Werd » 2 years 10 months ago (Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:43 pm)

From Richard Harwood's book "Nuremberg and other War Crimes Trials."

AMT 9: Ohlendorf — Einsatzgruppen

One case during the Nurnberg Trials which receives little attention today is that of the Einsatzgruppen — the Action Groups which were set up by Hitler in 1941 to suppress guerilla activity in German-occupied Russia. It was alleged by the Soviets at Nurnberg that the Action Groups operated as roving exterminators, a la Zardoz, murdering a million Jews and gypsies either by shooting or in special gas-vans, poisoned by exhaust fumes. Yet any objective examination of the evidence will show that there is even less reason for believing this allegation than there is for the entire "extermination camp" myth.

Four groups of about 700 SD men were set up. Ohlendorf commanded Group D in southern Russia. Rasch of Group C operated immediately to the north of D. Groups A and B operated around the Baltic states, commanded by Stahlecker and Nebe respectively.

Although masses of documentary 'evidence' was produced at Nurnberg to 'prove' the case against the Action Groups, most of these documents are highly suspect. Most of them came from the Soviets, who claimed to have captured them when they pushed back the Germans in 1943.

The only points where signatures appear on the documents are on irrelevant pages. Not a single page was produced which mentioned "extermination" and bore the signature of any Nazi commander. Document NO-1128, said to be a report from Himmler to Hitler about the execution of 363,211 Jews in Russia, bears only initials (said to be Himmler's) on the essentially irrelevant first page. Documents 180-L, 2273-PS, 119-USSR, NO-3159 and many others too numerous to list, all mention extermination, but the signatures are either type-written or on irrelevant pages. In passing, it is worthwhile mentioning
that in referring to the IMT and AMT volumes one should note that a reference to a "signed" document always means a type-written signature, unless it is specifically noted as a hand- written one.

A large number of the documents produced in this trial came via the Yivo — the Yiddish Scientific Institute in New York. Document 3663-PS was one of 70 documents supposedly found at the Rosenberg Ministry in September 1945 by a Sergeant Szajko Frydman of the US 82nd Airborne Division. Frydman was a staff member of the Yivo both before and after his military service. Like the Soviet documents, none of the Yivo papers bears a signature on a page which directly refers to extermination.

Many of the reports cited in evidence were obvious forgeries. Even the Jewish holocaust historian Reitlinger expresses unease at some of these "rather amateurish essays".

As in the other trials, testimonial evidence was admitted willy-nilly. One such statement was that of SS Capt. Dieter Wisliceny, an assistant in Adolf Eichmann's office and later Gestapo Chief in Slovakia. Wisliceny fell into the hands of
the Czech Communists and was interrogated (by both Soviets and Americans) at the Soviet-controlled Bratislava Prison in November 1946. Subjected to torture, Wisliceny was reduced to a nervous wreck and became addicted to uncontrollable fits of sobbing for hours on end prior to his execution. Although his written confession is peppered with obvious factual inaccuracies, it was still admitted as 'proof of the Action Groups' misdeeds. Again, Wisliceny displayed a remarkable linguistic ability, for his affidavit was submitted in the English language.

The major defendant at the Action Groups trial was also subjected to torture — SS General Otto Ohlendorf, the chief of the SD who commanded Action Group D in the Ukraine, attached to Field Marshal von Manstein's Eleventh Army. During the last phase of the war he was employed as a foreign trade expert at the Ministry of Economics.

Service on the Eastern front was by no means popular with the German soldiers (the degenerate Commandant Koch of Buchenwald was initially given the choice of either serving on the Eastern Front or being executed) and there is a certain amount of evidence to show that Ohlendorf was only sent there because he had crossed Himmler.

After his torture, Ohlendorf appeared as a prosecution witness at the IMT and agreed that exterminations had taken place. But Ohlendorf was in for a surprise when he found that he too was going to stand in the dock, regardless of his co-operation in the trial of his bosses.

At the AMT Case 9, Ohlendorf attempted to refute his previous testimony. He retracted the affidavit he had made on 5 November 1945 when he admitted that 90,000 Jews had been killed under his command alone. He now claimed it was only 40,000. In a main speech before the Tribunal, Ohlendorf took the opportunity to denounce Philip Auerbach, the (Jewish) Attorney-General of the Bavarian State Office for Restitution, who at that time was claiming compensation for "11 million Jews" who had suffered in Nazi concentration camps. Ohlendorf dismissed this ridiculous claim, stating that "not the minutest part" of the people for whom Auerbach was demanding compen-sation had even seen a concentration camp. (Ohlendorf lived long enough to see Auerbach convicted for embezzlement and fraud; forging documents purporting to show huge payments of compensation to non-existent people.)

Ohlendorf explained that his units often had to prevent massacres of Jews by anti-Semitic Ukrainians. He insisted that the partisans, which his units were sent in to suppress, had taken a far higher toll of lives from the regular German army — an assertion confirmed by the Soviet Government, which boasted of half a million German troops killed by guerillas. In fact, Franz Stahlecker, commander of Group A, was himself killed by partisans in 1942.

Another defendant, SS Lieutenant Col. Hansch, who was in charge of a commando group in Group C for about seven weeks, disputed that any orders had ever been given which even mentioned Jews. He estimated that whilst he was in charge, only about sixty partisans had been killed, and all of these had been armed. The distinguished English jurist, A. J. P. Veale, in dealing with the Action Groups, explains that in fighting on and behind the Russian front no distinction could be properly drawn between partisans and the civilian population, because any Russian civilian who maintained his civilian status instead of acting as a terrorist was liable to be executed by his countrymen as a traitor. Veale says, "There is no question that the Action Groups' orders were to combat terror with terror" and he finds it strange that atrocities committed by the partisans were regarded as blameless simply because they turned out to be on the winning side. Ohlendorf took the same view, and in a bitter appeal written before his execution, he accused the Allies of hypocrisy in holding the Germans to account by conventional laws of warfare while fighting a savage Soviet enemy who did not respect those laws.

The prosecutors were anxious to utilise Ohlendorf to the full. Consequently, even while he was under sentence of death, he was again presented as a prosecution witness at the High Command Trial (AMT No. 12) when his commanders stood in the dock. However, they did not dare produce him in the case of the regular army chief on the Eastern Front, Field Marshal Manstein, since they knew that Manstein's brilliant defence counsel Reginald (now Lord) Paget would be able to demolish him. Instead they submitted Ohlendorf 's written affidavit, which could not be challenged.

Ohlendorf and Hansch were both sentenced to hang. Ohlendorf 's sentence was carried out in 1951, when there was no further use for him. Hansch 's sentence was com-muted to fifteen years.

Ironically, it is thanks to a Russian that the bogusness of the "gas-van" legend is finally being exposed. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, in The Gulag Archipelago, mentions the case of a Bavarian, Jupp Aschenbrenner, whom the Soviets persuaded to sign a declaration that he had worked on wartime gas-vans. Aschenbrenner was later able to prove that, at the time he had supposedly been working on the vans, he was actually in Munich studying to become a welder.

Werd
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Werd » 2 years 5 months ago (Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:31 pm)

Nessie is claiming there is no evidence of Ohlendorf retracting anything he said in a previous trial. From Richard Hardwood.
At the AMT Case 9, Ohlendorf attempted to refute his previous testimony. He retracted the affidavit he had made on 5 November 1945 when he admitted that 90,000 Jews had been killed under his command alone. He now claimed it was only 40,000. In a main speech before the Tribunal, Ohlendorf took the opportunity to denounce Philip Auerbach, the (Jewish) Attorney-General of the Bavarian State Office for Restitution, who at that time was claiming compensation for "11 million Jews" who had suffered in Nazi concentration camps. Ohlendorf dismissed this ridiculous claim, stating that "not the minutest part" of the people for whom Auerbach was demanding compen-sation had even seen a concentration camp. (Ohlendorf lived long enough to see Auerbach convicted for embezzlement and fraud; forging documents purporting to show huge payments of compensation to non-existent people.)

Ohlendorf explained that his units often had to prevent massacres of Jews by anti-Semitic Ukrainians. He insisted that the partisans, which his units were sent in to suppress, had taken a far higher toll of lives from the regular German army — an assertion confirmed by the Soviet Government, which boasted of half a million German troops killed by guerillas. In fact, Franz Stahlecker, commander of Group A, was himself killed by partisans in 1942.

From Peter Winter.
Despite this "confession" Ohlendorf was not charged with any crime until 1948, when he was arraigned as a defendant in the Einsatzgruppen trial mentioned above.

At the 1948 trial, he completely recanted his 1946 confession, claiming it has been extracted from him by force. In his recantation, Ohlendorf never mentioned killing children; declared that the Einsatzgruppen were merely engaged in fighting an anti-partisan war; that he knew nothing about gas vans; and reduced the number of executions under his command to 40,000.

Furthermore, Ohlendorf continued, he denied any knowledge of, or participation in, any grand genocide plan, testifying as follows:

[Ohlendorf Direct Examination Testimony: Questions posed by his defense lawyer, Dr. Aschenauer]

Q. Did you know about plans or directives which had as their goal the extermination on racial and religious grounds?

A. I expressly assure you that I neither knew of such plans nor was I called on to cooperate in any way such plans. Lieutenant General Bach-Zelewski testified during the big trial [before the IMT] that the Reich Leader SS in a secret conference of all lieutenant generals made known that the goal was to exterminate thirty million Slavs. I repeat that I was neither given such an order nor was there even the slightest hint, given to me that such plans or goals existed for the Russian campaign. That is not only true for the Slavs but this is also true for the Jews. I know that in the years of 1938, 1939 and 1940, no extermination plans existed, but on the contrary, with the aid of Heydrich and by cooperation with Jewish organizations, emigration programs from Germany and Austria were arranged; financial funds even were raised in order to help aid the poorer Jews to make this emigration possible.

The presiding judge at the 1948 trial rejected Ohlendorf's recantation, and refused to consider it as evidence - effectively convicting Ohlendorf and the others on the basis of the earlier "confession" which had been extracted under duress.

Ohlendorf expressed his bitterness at the refusal to acknowledge that his earlier "confession" had been forced from him, and in his closing statement to the 1948 trial, said the following:

"I have now been in the Palace of Justice in Nuremberg for two and a half years. What I have seen here of life as a spiritual force, in these two and a half years, has increased my fear. Human beings who were under normal conditions were decent citizens of their country were deprived of their basic concept of law, custom and morals by the power of the victors."

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 2 years 5 months ago (Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:50 pm)

Werd:
Nessie is claiming there is no evidence of Ohlendorf retracting anything he said in a previous trial.

I assume that is the same "Nessie" whose impossible absurdities we demolished at this forum.

I mean it wasn't even fair the way we took him and his laughable arguments apart.

And note that Nessie cannot actually show us an excavation of any of the alleged enormous mass graves, not one. Why?

Search Nessie here and witness a rout.

- Hannover

The 'holocaust' storyline is one of the most easily debunked narratives ever contrived. That is why those who question it are arrested and persecuted. That is why violent, racist, & privileged Jewish supremacists demand censorship. What sort of truth is it that crushes the freedom to seek the truth? Truth needs no protection from scrutiny.

The tide is turning.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 week 2 hours ago (Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:10 am)

Werd wrote:F....

How the Jewish Library portrays this Philip Auerbach character:
Philipp Auerbach, was born in Germany and had moved to Belgium where he became head of a chemical import-export company. After the German invasion of Belgium he was arrested and sent to Gurs and was later deported to Auschwitz. His wife, Martha, and daughter, Helen, managed to flee to Cuba and then come to the United States.

In Asuchwitz, Auerbach served as the chief chemist preparing medicines and pesticides. He attested to having been coerced into making soap from human remains. After liberation he served the first chairman of the State Federation of North Rhine and Westphalia and later as the chairman of the Association of Jewish Communities in Bavaria. In 1946 he was appointed state commissioner of the Bavarian provincial government for religious, political and racial victims of the Nazis, thereby becoming one of the first Jews to play a role in postwar German political life. He was among the first to work for the financial compensation of victims of Nazism.

In January 1951, he became a member of the Central Council of Jews in Germany. One month later he was accused of financial misconduct and forgery in regard to reparations payments. His supporters insisted that he never personally benefited from the fraud, and that he gave all the money to the victims. On August 14, 1952, Auerbach was found guilty and sentenced to two and a half years in prison by a court of five judges, three of whom had had contacts with the Nazi party. Two days later, Auerbach committed suicide. Four years later he was posthumously cleared of all charges.

Sources: Bauer, Yehuda. "The Organization of Holocaust Survivors," Yad Vashem Studies, vol. 8 (1970); Hyman, Abraham S. The Undefeated, Jerusalem, 1993; Mankowitz, Zev. "The Formation of She'erit Hapleita," Yad Vashem Studies, vol. 20 (1990); Schwarz, Leo.The Redeemers, New York, 1953
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/philipp-auerbach

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”