Hitler and Goebbels Citationless Quotations

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
JLAD Prove Me Wrong

Hitler and Goebbels Citationless Quotations

Postby JLAD Prove Me Wrong » 3 weeks 5 days ago (Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:20 pm)

According to this image with no citation,
Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
I have searched for where he supposedly says this, and oddly enough, Joseph Goebbels supposedly makes a similar claim:
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.
I don't know that there's any evidence any of these people made these claims. Anyone can just attach a photo to a quote, and none of these quotes have any type of citation whatsoever.

If your beliefs cannot stand up to your own sincere scrutiny and skeptical evaluation, they are not worth having.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Hitler and Goebbels Citationless Quotations

Postby Hannover » 3 weeks 5 days ago (Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:27 pm)

JLAD Prove Me Wrong wrote:I don't know that there's any evidence any of these people made these claims. Anyone can just attach a photo to a quote, and none of these quotes have any type of citation whatsoever.

Indeed, that's another game the liars play.

When not just making up the entire quotation, they take German text and 'translate' it into English to mean something it never said.
The best example is the German word for 'deportation' being 'translated' into 'extermination'.

The liars will give you a reference to the source, as if they know what they are talking about, without telling you that the source says something completely different.

Always demand to see an original, verifiable, & authentic German document. That drives the liars crazy.

more here:
Fraudulent Nazi Quotations
http://www.ihr.org/other/weber2011fakequotations.html

- Hannover

Revisionists are just the messengers, the absurd impossibility of the 'holocaust' storyline is the message.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

JLAD Prove Me Wrong

Postby JLAD Prove Me Wrong » 3 weeks 5 days ago (Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:49 pm)

True, if the original piece of evidence cannot be produced, and we only have an image on Pinterest, then that really doesn't prove it. Even if there is a quote which half-way sort of says it, originals are necessary to prove validity. You said
When not just making up the entire quotation, they take German text and 'translate' it into English to mean something it never said.
The best example is the German word for 'deportation' being 'translated' into 'extermination'
. Can you provide a link to a specific example of this?
If your beliefs cannot stand up to your own sincere scrutiny and skeptical evaluation, they are not worth having.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 3 weeks 5 days ago (Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:26 pm)

JLAD asks:
Can you provide a link to a specific example of this?

Sure, have a look at:

Response to Simon Wiesenthal Center's Not So Breitbart Report
By Roger Bartlett
https://codoh.com/library/document/704/?lang=en
# 5
and:
Special Treatment in Auschwitz / Origin and Meaning of a Term
2nd, corrected and updated edition, By Carlo Mattogno
https://codoh.com/library/document/1192/?lang=en
and:
Sobibór / Holocaust Propaganda and Reality
By Jürgen Graf , Carlo Mattogno , Thomas Kues
https://codoh.com/library/document/1201/?lang=en
also see results here:
search.php?keywords=codewords&fid%5B0%5D=2

- Hannover

The fake '6M', who benefits?

Deitrich

Postby Deitrich » 3 weeks 5 days ago (Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:16 pm)

Moving back to JLAD's original question:

Reproducing from Mark Weber's paper "Fraudulent Nazi Quotations" here http://www.ihr.org/other/weber2011fakequotations.html...

Goebbels: 'Truth is the Enemy of the State'

Hitler's propaganda chief, Joseph Goebbels, supposedly said:

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."

Rush Limbaugh, the popular American radio commentator, is just one of the many influential Americans who has cited this quotation. During a May 2007 radio broadcast he claimed that these remarks are "from Hitler's war room, the Nazi spinmeister-in-chief, Joseph Goebbels," who was "speaking for his cronies in the Nazi party." Limbaugh went on to claim that American "Democrat Party" leaders were using "a version" of Goebbels' technique to try to "repress dissent." And in January 2011 US Congressman Steve Cohen, a Democratic party politician of Tennessee, accused Republicans of propagating "a big lie, just like Goebbels" about a proposed national health care plan.

In fact, Goebbels' views were quite different than what this fraudulent quote suggests. He consistently held that propaganda should be accurate and truthful.

In an address given in September 1934 in Nuremberg, he said: "Good propaganda does not need to lie, indeed it may not lie. It has no reason to fear the truth. It is a mistake to believe that people cannot take the truth. They can. It is only a matter of presenting the truth to people in a way that they will be able to understand. A propaganda that lies proves that it has a bad cause. It cannot be successful in the long run."

In an article written in 1941, he cited examples of false British wartime claims, and went on to charge that British propagandists had adopted the "big lie" technique that Hitler had identified and condemned in his book Mein Kampf. Goebbels wrote: "The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous."

So not only is the quotation false but the entire concept of "projection" and "flipping the script" has been applied relegating truth to lie and lie to truth. A situation still at play today with regards to politics, economics, propaganda and particularly the holocaust and anything else even slightly alleviating for German wartime guilt.

But what was this idea of Hitler's regarding the "Big Lie"?

We now turn to Hitler in "Mein Kampf":

All this was inspired by the principle—which is quite true within itself—that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility;

Because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily;

And thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods.

It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation.

For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.

These people know only too well how to use falsehood for the basest purposes.

Compare that to the false attributed quotes of today. I think we have seen the source- words flipped 180 degrees to portray the opposite of the truth.

:scratch:

Mortimer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mortimer » 3 weeks 3 days ago (Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:26 am)

Those types of quotes listed remind me of the book Hitler Speaks by the verified fraud Hermann Rauschning. I still hear people refer to that book even today as if it was genuine. There is a thread on it in the WW2 European Theater forum -
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8451

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 3 weeks 3 days ago (Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:15 pm)

Unfortunately, too many people rely on Wikipedia for their 'facts'. As if Wikipedia is an unbiased, reliable source of information, which they are not, especially in matters which are of special interest & profitable to Jews.

see:
Zionist Wikipedia Editing Course
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/139189

How Israel and Its Partisans Work to Censor the Internet
http://www.unz.com/article/how-israel-a ... =wikipedia

- Hannover

Jews have been pushing the '6,000,000' lie since at least 1823:
https://imgur.com/a/0LFFF
and:
http://balder.org/judea/New-York-Times- ... e-1869.php
http://balder.org/judea/billeder-judea/ ... posite.jpg

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 3 weeks 3 days ago (Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:30 pm)

Mortimer wrote:Those types of quotes listed remind me of the book Hitler Speaks by the verified fraud Hermann Rauschning. I still hear people refer to that book even today as if it was genuine. There is a thread on it in the WW2 European Theater forum -
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8451

Jip, that seems to be the source of choice for phony Hitler quotes. There is of course more quotes supposedly floating around the internet that got Hitler's name attached to it. They treat Hitler almost like some moral authority, even if that's in the negative sense. I recall the Hitler gun control quotes as an example. Hitler praises gun control, hence that must be a bad thing. Turns out Hitler didn't even favor gun control and made citizen access to firearms easier than before.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”