Legalizing Holocaust Revisionism in Germany

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Pia Kahn
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Legalizing Holocaust Revisionism in Germany

Postby Pia Kahn » 2 months 1 week ago (Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:31 pm)

"Nothing more, nothing less. I won't make the comparison, but calling this into awareness will make sure there is some cognitive dissonance. "

Yes, that's the whole point of bringing up this story. They set up memorials commemorating the deeds of the white Rose. I would be doing essentially the same thing. If they persecute me then that should create some cognitive dissonance. They should feel that they are not on the moral high ground.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 2 months 1 week ago (Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:11 am)

Pia Kahn wrote:"Nothing more, nothing less. I won't make the comparison, but calling this into awareness will make sure there is some cognitive dissonance. "

Yes, that's the whole point of bringing up this story. They set up memorials commemorating the deeds of the white Rose. I would be doing essentially the same thing. If they persecute me then that should create some cognitive dissonance. They should feel that they are not on the moral high ground.

Extended discussion of the Scholl case is the job of historical literature.
For a flyer it is
a) Scholls made and distributed flyers.
b) Scholls were arrested, convicted, executed.

And then mention that Revisionists are also arrested and imprisoned. Some will see the hypocrisy here when the regime commemorating the Scholl's jails people for expressing opinions.

Pia Kahn
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Pia Kahn » 2 months 1 week ago (Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:19 am)

"
For a flyer it is

And then mention that Revisionists are also arrested and imprisoned. Some will see the hypocrisy here when the regime commemorating the Scholl's jails people for expressing opinions."

That's pretty much what I did. Just read the English language version of the flyer. It states just that. After briefly describing the prosecution of the Scholls I explain the prosecution of Germar Rudolf.

There is even a third level of hypocrisy. If they prosecute me, they will be prosecuting me for almost the exact same thing that the Scholl's were prosecuted for. I like the self-reference of the whole idea. It reminds me of this great book:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del,_Escher,_Bach
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 2 months 1 week ago (Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:36 am)

Pia Kahn wrote:"
For a flyer it is

And then mention that Revisionists are also arrested and imprisoned. Some will see the hypocrisy here when the regime commemorating the Scholl's jails people for expressing opinions."

That's pretty much what I did. Just read the English language version of the flyer. It states just that. After briefly describing the prosecution of the Scholls I explain the prosecution of Germar Rudolf.

There is even a third level of hypocrisy. If they prosecute me, they will be prosecuting me for almost the exact same thing that the Scholl's were prosecuted for. I like the self-reference of the whole idea. It reminds me of this great book:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del,_Escher,_Bach

You do a little bit more than that. Consider that people's attention spans have become a little bit shorter with time. So that means one has to keep flyers as short as possible. IMO a flyer can only work as a teaser to trigger people looking for more information on the subject. The majority of Germans are pretty much uninformed about the Holocaust and Revisionism. They think because it's repeatedly a subject in the media, they are getting objective information. Aren't all academic historians in agreement with it? What could possibly be wrong.

As for the Scholl's deeds:
It's the same action outwardly, but it's not the same thing. As previously mentioned there is a difference in context and content in those actions.
Anyway, when that happens one can indeed expose their hypocrisy. And so you should. Record the whole thing - for your own protection and for future publication. It might help to have some friends around that are physically convincing.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”