Are There Any Second Generation Revisionists? / My Conversion

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Rogal Dorn

Re: Are There Any Second Generation Revisionists? / My Conversion

Postby Rogal Dorn » 2 months 1 day ago (Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:47 am)

Can we all agree that YouTube has played a pivotal role in spreading holocaust doubt in the 21st century, specifically in the years 2010-2017 before the "big crackdown" happened where the site started cleaning up any and all politically incorrect videos after the Logan Paul incident? I'd rank twitter at 2nd place. Maybe the chans at third. All other social media sites have pretty strict moderation.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 2 months 1 day ago (Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:52 pm)

Rogal Dorn wrote:Can we all agree that YouTube has played a pivotal role in spreading holocaust doubt in the 21st century, specifically in the years 2010-2017 before the "big crackdown" happened where the site started cleaning up any and all politically incorrect videos after the Logan Paul incident? I'd rank twitter at 2nd place. Maybe the chans at third. All other social media sites have pretty strict moderation.

I'd say YOUTUBE exposed a substantial number of people to alternative information on the Holocaust. Information they otherwise won't have heard, read, known about, if it wasn't for the internet having a upload site for videos. The revisionist reading site must have a limited scope, which I wouldn't underestimate, since those that are indeed reading it, are the first people one wants to reach. Videos however reach a broader mass of people and may present the arguments easier to reproduce in private debates.

What's the Logan Paul incident?

Rogal Dorn

Postby Rogal Dorn » 2 months 13 hours ago (Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:17 am)

Hektor wrote:What's the Logan Paul incident?

A young youtuber, who together with his brother Jake Paul and a couple of friends ran (still runs) a very popular youtube channel where they vlog themselves goofing around in different locations, even countries, have tens of millions of subscribers, many of them children, and the incident was that Logan Paul visited the Suicide forest in Japan in search for a corpse and then actually found one and filmed it (face blurred), partly trying to be serious and saying ask for help if you are suicidal, but partly sniggering in the background, all the while wearing a silly hat. That triggered a gigantic media backlash and youtube started losing major ad partners so they backpedaled and employed strict moderation which as a side effect started killing lots of revisionist channels.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”