What Muensch's declarations show once more is the total absence of value of testimonial court evidence without cross-examination or forensic investigation.
- Muench is also interesting because after his acquittal he testified at the IG Farben Trial, one of the US run Nuremberg Trials after the IMT. On that occasion, he insisted that he heard about the gassings at Auschwitz first over the Swiss radio!!
“The effects of the gas were observed through a peephole by an assigned doctor or the SS officer on duty. After three to five minutes, death could be certified, and the doors were opened as a sign that the corpses were cleared to be burned.”
Muench said he worked with Dr. Mengele, "a charming man", and that he just "refused" to do what he had been told to do.
- No chance, the SS in wartime would not have tolerated “refusal”.
Muench stated he saw thousands of people being "gassed" in Auschwitz. He says: "anyone who did not fit Hitler's idea of a pure Aryan race".
- This statement is totally absurd. Tens of millions of people who "did not fit Hitler's idea of a pure Aryan race" did survive the Nazi period, including hundreds of thousands in the camps.
A real beauty, Muench said:
"After three to five minutes, death could be certified, and the doors were opened as a sign that the corpses were cleared to be burned".
- Utterly impossible, contradicts the laws of physics and chemistry and is a pure invention. This man is just quoting worn out literary precedents.
"I had to watch the operation of the gas chambers and then, when the bodies were dead, I had to sign the death certificates."
- Problem, the official story says there were no death documents for those allegedly "gassed".