The shoah must go on / Suchomel

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
FW

The shoah must go on / Suchomel

Postby FW » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:55 am)

I notice the 'Holocaust History Project' are using this is a quote on their homepage:

"So Stadie, the sarge, showed us the camp from end to end.
Just as we went by,
they were opening the gas-chamber doors,
and people fell out like potatoes.
Naturally, that horrified and appalled us."
SS Unterscharführer Franz Suchomel, 1985

Source: SS Unterscharführer Franz Suchomel,
interviewed for the film Shoah,
transcript from book of the same name,
Claude Lanzmann, 1985, p. 54.

I rather take the view that anyone who uses Lanzmann forfeits credibility instantly. Abraham Bomba etc.

What do we know about these former "guards"? We only have Lanzmann's word for it that they are even who he claims them to be.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:34 pm)

The interview with Suchomel is was purportedly done without his knowledge. I have my doubts. Furthermore, there are a number of absurdities in his account, including the idea that the Jews were taught a song before they were filed into the gas chamber. Yeah, sure.

Suchomel was tried, and anyone put on trial in Germany for these offenses was liable to be tried again, if they ever changed their testimony. That's what happened to Oberhauser, who recanted his Belzec testimony later on. (That's why he wouldn't talk to Lanzmann) Therefore, it is a certainty that Suchomel would not say anything to violate the ordained story, under threat that Lanzmann could make a complaint and have him put on trial again.

Suchomel says something like 60% of the transports died in the cars or committed suicide. Laughable. With no evidence to support it, his gassing claims are compromised as well.

He says a tank (diesel) engine was used to gas Jews. The inefficiency of a tank engine to provide CO is well known. To improvise a CO producer the last thing they would use would be a diesel: they'd use wood-burning producer gas engines which were prominent at that time.

remains: Ground Penetrating Radar has shown the allged mass grave for the alleged 900,000 Jews at Treblinka does not exist. The Believers cannot show us otherwise.

So basically, what Suchomel provides is a repetition of the story of what supposedly occurred at Treblinka as proclaimed in the verdict of his own trial, and which he dare not contradict. The physical and forensic evidence does not support the claim. There is no documentary evidence.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”