Soviet Empire.com Should Holocaust denial be illegal?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
TimeTraveler

Soviet Empire.com Should Holocaust denial be illegal?

Postby TimeTraveler » 2 years 4 months ago (Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:40 am)

I just ran across this Communist Forum called Soviet Empire.com and I just was curious if they had any threads on Holocaust revisionism. They have one and it's a poll that was created in 2012. Called "Should Holocaust denial be illegal? "

http://www.soviet-empire.com/ussr/viewt ... 23&t=52666

I was surprised to see that the communists over there have pretty mixed views on the topic. But of course most are saying no it shouldn't be illegal because the revisionists are just ignorant stupid people that don't know any better. Just reading through the posts it's pretty clear that most of them never actually looked into it.

There's one post by yeqon that commented
Look at what happened to David Irving who brought his Holocaust denying case to court. A man who probably could have been recognized as a historian on Nazi Germany was forever discredited with simple facts and arguments; and the same should suffice with all the other Holocaust denying lunatics and anti-semites. I have enough faith in society to put such people in their place without having to lock them up in jail.

That post basically sums up what most of them think on the issue.
Anyway I just thought this was interesting and wanted to share this with you all. You guys might get a kick out of some of their posts.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”