JLAD Prove Me Wrong wrote:
I don't believe it would be illegal in Europe.
It all depends on wich country.
- NO nazi document or recording ordering an extermination of Jews
- NO nazi document, recording, or diagram confirming the existence of homicidal gas chambers
You deny the "HOLOCAUST" and the existence of HOMICIDAL gas chambers.
In France, you will be prosecuted and sentenced because the law...
The French anti-revisionist law
The French anti-revisionist law dates from July 13, 1990. It is known by various names: “Gayssot law”, “Fabius-Gayssot law”, “Faurisson law”, “lex Faurissonia” (in dog Latin), "lex Faurissoniana" (in proper Latin) or “article 24bis” (of the law of July 29, 1881 on press freedom). It provides for a prison sentence of up to a year as well as a maximum fine of €45,000 for anyone who publicly disputes the reality of one or more “crimes against humanity” as defined and ruled on, essentially, by the International Military Tribunal of Nuremberg in 1945-1946. In addition to the prison sentence and fine there can be an order to pay damages to Jewish or other associations as well as the heavy costs of having the decision published in the media: finally, the courts may order the confiscation of any work material, along with books and papers, seized by the police.
It is inaccurate to say that this law forbids the questioning of the entirety of the Nuremberg judgment for it forbids only the questioning of the judgment’s word on crimes supposedly committed against “humanity”, that is, first and foremost, against the Jews. However, the passages in the judgment dealing with that subject amount to but 2% of the said judgment as a whole. Thus one remains free, at least in principle, to dispute publicly the other 98%. Consequently, only the crimes alleged to have been committed, above all, against the Jews are decreed legally unquestionable. Let us salute here the granting of an astonishing privilege to the exclusive benefit of God’s “chosen people”.
http://robertfaurisson.blogspot.com/200 ... t-law.html
JLAD Prove Me Wrong wrote:DENIAL is criminal, but just stating you support open debate on the issue is legal. And if that becomes criminal, then you can say you support open debate on whether there should be open debate.
Again, it all depends on wich country.
Supporting an Open debate about this subject, in France, it's challenging the official version and that puts you in breach of the law.
It must not be asked how, technically, such a mass murder was possible. It was technically possible given that it took place. That is the requisite point of departure of any historical inquiry on this subject. It is incumbent upon us to simply state this truth: there is not, there cannot be, any debate about the existence of the gas chambers.
This text was signed by historians whose names follow and who work or teach at the College de France, CNRS, the universities of Paris and the provinces, the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, at the Ecole Pratique high school: Philippe Ariès, Alain Besançon, Robert Bonnaud, Fernand Braudel, Pierre Chaunu, Monique Clavel-Levêque, Marc Ferro, François Furet, Yvon Garlan, Jacques Julliard, Ernest Labrousse, Jacques Le Goff, Emmanuel Le Roy Ladurie, Pierre Levêque, Nicole Loraux, Robert Mandrou, Claude Mossé, Roland Mousnier, Jacques Néré, Claude Nicolet, Valentin Nikiprowetzky, Evelyne Patlagean, Michelle Perrot, Léon Poliakov, Madeleine Rebérioux, Maxime Rodinson, Jean Rougé, Lilly Scherr, Pierre Sorlin, Lucette Valensi, Jean-Pierre Vernant, Paul Veyne, Pierre Vidal-Naquet, Édouard Will.