Rhian Sugden Takes Selfy Near Holocaust 'Holy Ground'

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
JLAD Prove Me Wrong
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Rhian Sugden Takes Selfy Near Holocaust 'Holy Ground'

Postby JLAD Prove Me Wrong » 3 days 23 hours ago (Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 pm)

According to https://www.nydailynews.com/featured/ny ... story.html

Never forget you’re special.

British model and reality TV actress Rhian Sugden was savaged on social media for posting a selfie at the Memorial of the Murdered Jews of Europe in Berlin. She captioned the photo “E.T. phone home.”

“Imagine having such little respect for the millions of people murdered during the Holocaust that you think this is appropriate,” one offended commenter wrote on her Instagram page. “What an embarrassment of a human.”

Another Instagram user wrote, “That’s all you have to say at a holocaust museum? Nice.”

Other critics online called her a “narcissist” and “an idiot,” according to HuffPost, which linked to the Sugden’s photo before she made her account private.

The memorial, consisting of more than 2,700 concrete slabs, is a $25-million monument built in 2005 to remember the 6 million Jews killed by the Nazis during World War II.

The catwalker clawed back, arguing that what she did was nothing out of the unusual.

“Every other single person who has been there has [taken] a pic/selfie,” she replied. “Am I smiling? Am I laughing? No.”

Sugden argued the E.T. reference was in regard to how she felt she looked in the selfie. She also posted a Twitter photo of movie alien “E.T.” The Extra Terrestrial” wearing a hood similar to what she was wearing at the Holocaust memorial in Berlin, with the caption “It’s a bit nippy in Manchester today.”

According to her IMDB page, Sugden appeared on various incarnations of the reality TV show “Big Brother” and a film called “Your Highness.” She lists her birthday as Sept. 11, 1986.

To be clear, she is not discussing the fallacies of the theme park, "Memorial of the Murdered Jews of Europe" of Berlin, citing revisionist literature, or adressing revisionist arguments. She merely posted a selfy near the 'Holocaust Church'.

This is reminiscent of being blasphemous against a religious system. I know the Sistine Chapel doesn't permit photos, as it is a hallowed place.

Would the reaction be nearly as strong if she posted this near a Holodomer burial site?

If your beliefs cannot stand up to your own sincere scrutiny and skeptical evaluation, they are not worth having.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Rhian Sugden Takes Selfy Near Holocaust 'Holy Ground'

Postby Hektor » 3 days 19 hours ago (Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:07 am)

JLAD Prove Me Wrong wrote:....

To be clear, she is not discussing the fallacies of the theme park, "Memorial of the Murdered Jews of Europe" of Berlin, citing revisionist literature, or adressing revisionist arguments. She merely posted a selfy near the 'Holocaust Church'.

This is reminiscent of being blasphemous against a religious system.
I know the Sistine Chapel doesn't permit photos
, as it is a hallowed place.

Would the reaction be nearly as strong if she posted this near a Holodomer burial site?

But you won't get any outrage, if someone took a selfie at the Sistine Chapel.

It seems she's even getting death threats for being disrespectful by posting a selfie of herself at this ugly monument.

Drawing a picture of Mohammed comes to mind.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”