istheholocaustreal.com exposed -- Gas chambers as air raid shelters

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

istheholocaustreal.com exposed -- Gas chambers as air raid shelters

Postby Lamprecht » 5 months 1 week ago (Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:15 pm)

I was linked to this website in a debate: "Is the Holocaust real? Unfortunately, yes" http://www.istheholocaustreal.com

In it, the author claims to take revisionist arguments and "tear them to tiny shreds" however, he/she also admits "I don’t link to or cite the sources" and gives some sad excuse about not wanting to increase the google ranking of "denier" websites. This excuse would not apply if he/she simply cited the sources by text.

Indeed, what is happening is a textbook strawman argument. I will be posting refutations of these pages throughout this next week or two. So far, there are only 10 or so "arguments" supposedly debunking very weak [strawman] claims. If someone else wants to address some of these pages that is fine, I would just start the thread title with "istheholocaustreal.com exposed -- {description of page}"

Before I begin, I would like to point out that the website proves its own bias on the home page, claiming that Holocaust "deniers are evil" -- yes, according to this source, if you do not believe the nazis murdered jews in gas chambers, you are "evil" and of course anti-semitic. :roll: :roll:

Gas Chambers - The Worst Air Raid Shelters Ever

I spend a lot of time perusing Holocaust denier websites. I have to. This site debunks their claims. Most of those claims are so asinine I could never come up with them. I depend on denier insanity for my content.

Today, I came across a particularly juicy one: The gas chambers were actually air-raid shelters, not killing rooms.

Okaaaaaayyyy. I’m going to play along for a second.

The Nazis built the gas chamb- er, air raid shelters. If I were going to do that, I’d protect my troops, first. That means building the shelters:

- Near the troops
- Large enough to house the troops
- To withstand sustained bombing

Got it.

If I paid for the “air raid shelters” at Birkenau and elsewhere, I want my goddamn money back.

The gas chambers were built about a kilometer away from the guard barracks. That’s a long way to run while you’re getting strafed and bombed. I’m sure the Allied pilots in P51s wouldn’t have complained about hordes of Nazis running across an open field in their underwear. In fact, maybe they drew up the blueprints. But if I were a German commander, I’d be pretty pissed.
The gas chambers were too small

There were 7,000 guards at Auschwitz. If you wanted to kill the occupants, the gas chambers fit 500+ people. If you wanted to kill them. Auschwitz had eight gas chambers. They could hold, maximum, 4,000 victims. I guess the troops drew straws? Or maybe the Nazis knew a lot of their troops would die during the Strafing Marathon (see above).
The gas chambers were the worst-designed air raid shelters ever.

First, the doors were locked and sealed from the outside. In an air raid, some poor bastard would have to stand outside and lock the door. After the air raid, the equally poor bastards inside would have to, what, wait for survivors to let them out…?

I know, maybe they had a key or something. Still, why lock them from the outside? As a practical joke? “Hey, tell Fredrich there’s an air raid. Then we can lock him in the shelter hahahahah.”

Second, the doors had little peepholes. The peepholes were covered with a little metal grating to keep the glass from shattering. The grating was on the inside. Imagine trying to use a peephole when you can’t put your eye up to it. Yep. The grating was there to keep the people inside from shattering the glass.
No more words

I can’t dignify this argument with any more words. The gas chambers would’ve been better green houses than air raid shelters.

This "refutation" is simply laughable. Clearly, this person has not spent very much time actually researching the "denier" arguments, as claimed. If he did, he would know that revisionists generally claim that, in autumn 1944, Auschwitz Crema 1 was converted into an air raid shelter. So, claiming that the nazis built the alleged homicidal gas chambers actually as air raid shelters is simply wrong, it is a strawman. They in fact converted an already existing building, which was used for another purpose, into a shelter as a response to allied bombing campaigns in 1944.

The building alterations can be seen here:

1: Sluice
2: Operating room
3: Former washroom, now air raid shelter with toilet
4: Air raid shelter
5: Former oven room

The conversion is described in very minute detail in the following document: "Herstellung der für die Beheitzungsöfen, sowie für die Ent- und Belüftung erforderlichen Mauerdurchbrüche und Schläuche", letter from the Auschwitz Air Raid Warden, Aug. 26, 1944, TCIDK 502-1-401.

The French journalist and well-known anti-revisionist, Eric Conan, claimed (my ephasis):
Another delicate subject: What to do with the falsifications left behind by the communist administration? In the 50s and 60s, several buildings which had disappeared or had been misappropriated were rebuilt with gross errors and displayed as authentic. Some, which were 'too new', have been closed for the public. Not to mention the delousing gas chambers which were sometimes presented as homicidal gas chambers. Those aberrations have helped the deniers a lot, which took the essence for their legends out of it. The example of the Crematory I is typical. In its morgue, the first gas chamber was installed. It operated for a short period of time in early 1942. The blocking of this area, which was essential for the gassings, disturbed the operation of the camp. End of April 1942, it was therefore decided to move the deadly gassings to Birkenau, were it was conducted on an industrial scale mainly with Jewish victims. The Crematory I was subsequently converted into an air raid shelter with a surgery room. In 1948, when the Museum was created, Crematory I was reconstructed in a supposed original state. Everything in it is false: the dimensions of the gas chamber, the locations of the doors, the openings for pouring in Zyklon B, the ovens, rebuilt according to the recollections of some survivors, the height of the chimney. At the end of the 70s, Robert Faurisson exploited those falsifications all the better because at that time the Museum officials balked at admitting them. An American revisionist has shot a video in the gas chamber, still presented as authentic: one may see him questioning the visitors with his 'revelations'.

SOURCE: "Auschwitz: la mémoire du mal", L'Express, 19.-25. January 1995; see also, in this regard, Robert Faurisson's remarks: "Sur Auschwitz, lentement, la vérité reprend ses droits" (The truth about Auschwitz is slowing reclaiming its rights), Feb. 4, 1995 (online, french: https://web.archive.org/web/20040528094 ... 50204.html).

The "American revisionist" mentioned above by Conan is most likely Jewish-American David Cole. I would also like to point out that the claim "the doors were locked and sealed from the outside" is incorrect, as shown in David Cole's video of Auschwitz and Majdanek. Further, David Cole points out in his "Forty-Six Important Unanswered Questions Regarding the Nazi Gas Chambers" article:

Unanswered Questions Regarding the Physical Evidence at the Majdanek Concentration Camp (Poland)

(27) Gas chamber 1 has two doors, both of which open INTO the gas chamber room. How can a homicidal gas chamber have two doors which open IN? Wouldn't the bodies be pressed up against the doors, as described numerous times by eyewitnesses?

(28) The main door into the gas chamber 1 has no locks. It can be opened from either the inside or the outside. There are no holes or fittings where a lock might have been. What stopped the inmates from opening this door?
(33) The doors to chambers 2,3 and 4 are built to latch from the outside AND the inside. The latches can be opened from either side. Does this suggest that the rooms were used for something other than killing people?
SOURCE: https://codoh.com/library/document/987/

In Chapter #22 of "Auschwitz: A Doctor's Eyewitness Account" by Miklos Nyiszli, Jewish prisoner at Auschwitz, he writes about his experience using an alleged "Gas chamber" as a shelter during an air raid:

I was in the habit of reading for awhile in bed each night before I went to sleep. One night, while I was doing just that, the lights suddenly went out and the KZ alarm siren began its dismal wail. Whenever there was an alert we were taken, convoyed by well-armed SS guards, to the Sonderkommando shelter, that is, to the gas chamber.

We crossed the threshold of the gas chamber with heavy hearts. The whole kommando was present, 200 strong. It was a terrible feeling to remain in this room, knowing that hundreds of thousands of people had met a frightful end here. Besides, we knew that the life of the Sonderkommando was drawing to a close. This being the case, the SS could very easily have closed the gas chamber doors and dumped four cases of cyclon gas down the chimneys to liquidate us all.

Wilhelm Stäglich in 1944 was stationed at Auschwitz as an anti-aircraft artiller officer. In his study of the Holocaust, entitled "Auschwitz: A Judge Looks at the Evidence" he suggested that the use of gas-tight doors in the Auschwitz crematory cellars implied they were used as air-raid shelters:
At that time, gas-tight doors were not uncommon, since every cellar had to double as an air raid shelter... Air raid shelters had to be secure not only against explosives, but against gas as well.

Also -- why would the Nazis destroy the crematoria at Auschwitz, but leave the alleged "gas chambers" intact?
Read on: https://codoh.com/library/document/977/?lang=en

In interview with Walter Lüftl, one of the master builders at Auschwitz, Walter Schreiber (my emphasis):

Lüftl: In which areas were you active?

Schreiber: As senior engineer I inspected the civil project of the Huta Corporation and negotiated with the Central Construction office of the SS. I also audited the invoices of our firm.

L.: Did you enter the camp? How did that happen?

S.: Yes. One could walk everywhere without hindrance on the streets of the camp and was only stopped by the guards upon entering and leaving the camp.

L.: Did you see or hear anything about killings or mistreatment of inmates?

S.: No. But lines of inmates in a relatively poor general condition could occasionally be seen on the streets of the camp.

L.: What did the Huta Corporation build?

S.: Among other things, Crematoria II and III with the large morgues.

L.: The prevalent opinion (considered to be self evident) is that these large morgues were allegedly gas chambers for mass killings.

S.: Nothing of that sort could be deduced from the plans made available to us. The detailed plans and provisional invoices drawn up by us refer to these rooms as ordinary cellars.

L.: Do you know anything about introduction hatches in the reinforced concrete ceilings?

S.: No, not from memory. But since these cellars were also intended to serve as air raid shelters as a secondary purpose, introduction holes would have been counter-productive. I would certainly have objected to such an arrangement.

L.: Why were such large cellars built, when the water table in Birkenau was so extremely high?

S.: I don’t know. Originally, however, above-ground morgues were to be built. The construction of the cellars caused great problems in water retention during the construction time and sealing the walls.

L.: Would it be conceivable that you were deceived and that the SS nevertheless had gas chambers built by your firm without your knowledge?

S.: Anyone who is familiar with a construction site knows that is impossible.

L.: Do you know any gas chambers?

S.: Naturally. Everyone in the east knew about disinfestation chambers. We also built disinfestation chambers, but they looked quite different. We built such installations and knew what they looked like after the installation of the machinery. As a construction firm, we often had to make changes according to the devices to be installed.

L.: When did you learn that your firm was supposed to have built gas chambers for industrial mass killing?

S.: Only after the end of the war.

L.: Weren’t you quite surprised about this?

S.: Yes! After the war I contacted my former supervisor in Germany and asked him about it.

L.: What did you learn?

S.: He also only learned about this after the war, but he assured me that the Huta Corporation certainly did not build the cellars in question as gas chambers.

L.: Would a building alteration be conceivable after the withdrawal of the Huta Corporation?

S.: Conceivable, sure, but I would rule that out on the basis of time factors. After all, they would have needed construction firms again, the SS couldn’t do that on their own, even with inmates. Based on the technical requirements for the operation of a gas chamber, which only became known to me later, the building erected by us would have been entirely unsuitable for this purpose with regard to the necessary machinery and the practical operation.

L.: Why didn’t you publish that?

S.: After the war, first, I had other problems. And now it is no longer permitted.

L.: Were you ever interrogated as a witness in this matter?

S.: No Allied, German, or Austrian agency has ever shown an interest in my knowledge of the construction of Crematoria II and III, or my other activities in the former Generalgouvernement [German occupied Poland]. I was never interrogated about this matter, although my services for the Huta Corporation in Kattowitz were known. I mentioned them in all my later CVs and recruitment applications. Since knowledge about these facts is dangerous, however, I never felt any urge to propagate it. But now, as the lies are getting increasingly bolder and contemporary witnesses from that time like myself are slowly but surely dying off, I am glad that someone is willing to listen and to write down the way it really was. I have serious heart trouble and can die at any moment, it’s time now.
SOURCE: Engineer’s Deathbed Confession: We Built Morgues, not Gas Chambers
https://codoh.com/library/document/1719/?lang=en

Also see the following image:

From: U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum displays standard German air-raid shelter door, describing it as the door to a gas chamber at Majdanek
http://www.vho.org/GB/c/DT/gcturen.html

"The door at the concentration camp Majdanek from which the USHMM made the replica which is now on display in Washington D.C.. At right, the real function of the door and thousands more like it is shown in a widely distributed German ad for bomb-shelter doors and window covers, intended for military and civilian use. Approximately 670,000 German civilians were killed in the massive Allied terror-bombing campaign directed at population centers throughout Germany."

Some additional reading on the topic:

Wartime Germany’s Anti-Gas Air Raid Shelters
https://codoh.com/library/document/2837/?lang=en

Bomb Shelters in Birkenau: A Reappraisal
https://codoh.com/library/document/904/

Comments on Mattogno's critique of the bomb shelter thesis
https://codoh.com/library/document/882/?lang=en

Technique and Operation of German Anti-Gas Shelters in WWII
https://codoh.com/library/document/883/?lang=en

Defending Against the Allied Bombing Campaign
https://codoh.com/library/document/910/
"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”