Senate Approves Anti BDS States - Are Revisionists Next?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
JLAD Prove Me Wrong
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Senate Approves Anti BDS States - Are Revisionists Next?

Postby JLAD Prove Me Wrong » 5 months 6 days ago (Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:47 pm)

In this video, Ron Paul explains how the "Strengthening America’s Security in the Middle East Act" raises constitutional issues, and that boycotting is a libertarian principle (Ron Paul is a libertarian, like me).

The so-called "Strengthening America’s Security in the Middle East Act" passed by Senate, among other things, authorizes states to not do business with people who refuse to not boycott Israel.

This is truly chilling, because first of all, 26 states are proof that they can and do already not do business with these people, but second, that this could be a slippery slope to fine/imprison people who oppose Israeli apartheid. Ben Cardin already tried that, but the ACLU fought it.

And obviously, if they can do this to the BDS club, they can do it to the revisionist club. Because of the ACLU and strong support for free speech, I don't see Holocaust revisionism being banned anytime soon, but likely, they will forbid states from engaging in contract with people who deny or question aspects of the Holocaust.
If your beliefs cannot stand up to your own sincere scrutiny and skeptical evaluation, they are not worth having.

https://freespeechmonika.wordpress.com/ ... t-details/

cold beer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Senate Approves Anti BDS States - Are Revisionists Next?

Postby cold beer » 4 months 4 weeks ago (Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:15 pm)

Yes eventually they can say the government agencies will not hire those who do not believe.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”