Half-Jew Werner Goldberg photo as "The Ideal German Soldier" - why?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Half-Jew Werner Goldberg photo as "The Ideal German Soldier" - why?

Postby Lamprecht » 4 months 3 weeks ago (Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:53 pm)

Apparently, a mischling's photo was used as "The Ideal German Soldier" and also in many recruitment posters. It seems odd, since his surname was "Goldberg" which implies he was a Jew, he has Jewish physical features, and also the NSDAP would have known he had jewish ancestry after the Nuremberg Laws were passed. So why would they use this photo of a jew?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Goldberg
Werner Goldberg (October 3, 1919 – September 28, 2004) was a German who was of half Jewish ancestry, or Mischlinge in Nazi terminology, who served briefly as a soldier during World War II. His image appeared in the Berliner Tageblatt as "The Ideal German Soldier", and was later used in recruitment posters for the Wehrmacht.
Shortly after the beginning of the war, Goldberg's photograph appeared in the Sunday edition of the Berliner Tagesblatt newspaper with the caption "The Ideal German Soldier"; the photograph had been sold to the newspaper by the official army photographer. It was later used on recruitment posters.

n 1940, following the Armistice with France, Goldberg was expelled from the army under Hitler's order of April 8, 1940, which stated that all first-degree Mischlinge were to be discharged from the military...

In December 1942, Goldberg's father was admitted to the Bavaria Hospital. The Gestapo, however, raided the hospital and sent him to a Jewish hospital which had been requisitioned by the Gestapo for use as a prison, from which Jews were taken and sent to Auschwitz. On Christmas Eve, gambling that the guards would be drunk or absent, Goldberg took his father from the hospital. The elder Goldberg was soon back in the hands of the Gestapo, and in April 1943 was summoned for deportation; Werner told him not to show up, and he was again saved. The father and son were the only members of their immediate family to survive the war.
"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

Goethe
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Half-Jew Werner Goldberg photo as "The Ideal German Soldier" - why?

Postby Goethe » 4 months 3 weeks ago (Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:18 pm)

I'm curious about this. I do not see a photo labeled as described. Did I miss it?
"The coward threatens when he is safe".
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 4 months 3 weeks ago (Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:45 pm)

Goethe wrote:I'm curious about this. I do not see a photo labeled as described. Did I miss it?

He is on the cover of "Hitler's Jewish Soldiers" book

I also can not find that photo anywhere with a label "The Ideal German Soldier" either. Maybe somebody simply made up that lie, and it was repeated over and over again? :? :?
"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

Goethe
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Goethe » 4 months 3 weeks ago (Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:53 pm)

Lamprecht wrote:
Goethe wrote:I'm curious about this. I do not see a photo labeled as described. Did I miss it?

He is on the cover of "Hitler's Jewish Soldiers" book

I also can not find that photo anywhere with a label "The Ideal German Soldier" either. Maybe somebody simply made up that lie, and it was repeated over and over again? :? :?

That was my point. They do not show the claimed picture from that German magazine.
The always questionable Wikipedia stated:
His image appeared in the Berliner Tageblatt as "The Ideal German Soldier", and was later used in recruitment posters for the Wehrmacht.

A little premature at this point, but it may well be just another Jew lie.
Repeating lies over and over again is certainly a big part of their con game.
Thank you.
"The coward threatens when he is safe".
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”