Study: People Don't Change Their Minds, Even When Proven Wrong

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Study: People Don't Change Their Minds, Even When Proven Wrong

Postby Hektor » 3 months 2 weeks ago (Mon May 06, 2019 4:57 pm)

flimflam wrote:
Hektor wrote:Depends on whether you speak to academics publicly or in private. There is a lot of academic historians that would acknowledge problems with the orthodox Holocaust narrative, when you converse with them in private.

Reference?

Hektor wrote:Virtually all of them would never do that publicly, though.

Virtually? Not one academic historian in the US disputes the holohoax, I'd be happy to find out I'm wrong.
In Europe? Zero.
Russia? Zero.
Elsewhere in the world?

My evidence is anecdotal, from private conversations. And they were reporting from conversations with their colleagues as well. Obviously names and details will not be disclosed, since I don't have permission to do that. One German historian had a phD and a South African was doing his phD. The German's remark was "Many doubt the orthodox Holocaust, but would never say so in public". The South African's remark was "Our historians here don't take the Holocaust serious, but with a grain of salt". Some don't see the gravity of this, that e.g. the Holocaust serves as a justification for present day wars among other things.
flimflam wrote:
Hektor wrote:Still the fact that there are some people challenging the narrative, shakes their faith to some extent. It's part of unfreezing and preparing a general change of mind.

Butz wrote 'The Hoax of the Twentieth Century' in 1976 !!!!! We are making damn little progress.

Well that was a drop in the bucket. So the effect was limited. I recall a case mentioned here, where another American publicly doubted the Holocaust.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 3 months 2 weeks ago (Mon May 06, 2019 6:47 pm)

JLAD Prove Me Wrong wrote:
Lamprecht wrote:America may not criminalize revisionism, but openly denying that Jews were exterminated means you cannot even travel to mainland Europe.

https://www.jta.org/2019/04/19/united-s ... ust-denier

Read above article on Mr. Link, a former historian

I think there are more than is made out to be. They keep their mouths shut for obvious reasons

Lamprecht, there is no evidence that Link was barred from Europe, or was a revisionist, aside from terrible arguments from the ADL, which is a gang of racial supremacists.

more on Link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12424

It doesn't really matter if he was a full-blown "Denier" but rather that he has been smeared as such. I did not claim Link was specifically barred from Europe, but revisionists have been arrested for "Holocaust denial" simply because they visited a country where it was illegal. David Irving is an example of this. I think David Duke knows the Holocaust is a hoax, but does not openly admit it because he often visits Europe.

My point is that we have no way of knowing what percent of historians truly believe the "Holocaust" story as alleged, as the majority of them who don't believe it would keep it to themselves, since being a "Holocaust denier" is basically social suicide.
"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

Crystal

Postby Crystal » 3 months 2 weeks ago (Tue May 07, 2019 3:04 pm)

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Upton Sinclair

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 3 months 2 weeks ago (Tue May 07, 2019 6:58 pm)

Crystal wrote:
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Upton Sinclair

:lol: It's a good quote, but from the OP:

"A new study from the University of Iowa has found this friend will argue their point no matter what, even if you prove them wrong and even if it ends up costing them money."

8)
"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 3 months 2 weeks ago (Tue May 07, 2019 7:05 pm)

Crystal wrote:

Upton Sinclair

Crystal apparently read this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12286&p=91288&hilit=upton+sinclair#p91288

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Crystal

Postby Crystal » 3 months 1 week ago (Fri May 10, 2019 4:42 pm)

Another good quote I've seen related to this issue:

Why do people continue to espouse demonstrably false claims

even after being confronted with the incontrovertible facts that refute them?

Because you can’t convince a true-believer of anything -

for their beliefs are not based on science and reason -

they’re based on blind faith and a weak-willed NEED to believe.

Hence, most propaganda is not designed to fool critical thinkers -

but rather;

Only to give self-deceiving cowards an excuse not to think at all.

http://nafcash.com/

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”