Similarity Between Reaction to Sceptism Towards the Holocaust and MH17

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Lothario

Similarity Between Reaction to Sceptism Towards the Holocaust and MH17

Postby Lothario » 3 months 1 week ago (Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:17 am)

Last week the Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad said he wants strong evidence that Russia shot down plane MH17. Source:https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2019/05/31/malaysia-wants-evidence-to-show-russia-shot-down-mh17/

I don't intend to start a discussion on what happened to flight MH17, but what I find interesting with regards to the 'holocaust' is the reaction of some Dutch relatives of the victims to this, not unreasonable, request. We see the same irrational and emotional based arguments that are used against anyone who questions the 'holocaust'.

His comments are not only bizarre and disturbing, but they are counterproductive to the hunt for the truth about the murder of 298 people, including 43 Malaysians. Ultimately, we experience his comments, with all respect for the prime minister and his job, as a betrayal of all the victims and their families in mourning.

Source: https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/06/mh17-relatives-dutch-government-ask-malaysia-to-explain-russia-comments/

They even asked the Malaysian government not to speculate until the judges have spoken, meanwhile they themselves being the only ones speculating.

Luckily some people and journalist are calling them out. Even the leader of the political party that won the Dutch provincial elections two months ago did so. He has been receiving quite some flack anyway for criticising the investigation into the disaster (eg. Ukraine, one of the suspects, is part of the investigating team and has a veto on what information is made public) and his party was the only one not to endorse a motion in parliament that said that Russia downed the plane. His argument for the latter being that it is not up to politicians to decide who's guilty.

I just hope this opens more people's eyes to the fallacious arguments used for creating taboos, as they don't seem to get away with them so easily this time.
They are afraid of words and thoughts; words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home — all the more powerful because forbidden — terrify them ... They make frantic efforts to bar our thoughts and words; they are afraid of the workings of the human mind

Spect3r
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Similarity Between Reaction to Sceptism Towards the Holocaust and MH17

Postby Spect3r » 3 months 1 week ago (Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:41 am)

This is like the polls made after the Mueller Report came out, that showed that people had made up their minds already and that the conclusions reached by the Mueller Report didnt changed anyone minds, Those who believed in the Russiagate still believed in it after the report.
Same will happen here, regardless of what is revealed during/after the trial, people who believed the Russians did it, will still believe in it.

Humans are weird.

Lothario wrote:
Luckily some people and journalist are calling them out. Even the leader of the political party that won the Dutch provincial elections two months ago did so. He has been receiving quite some flack anyway for criticising the investigation into the disaster (eg. Ukraine, one of the suspects, is part of the investigating team and has a veto on what information is made public) and his party was the only one not to endorse a motion in parliament that said that Russia downed the plane. His argument for the latter being that it is not up to politicians to decide who's guilty.

I just hope this opens more people's eyes to the fallacious arguments used for creating taboos, as they don't seem to get away with them so easily this time.

Wow a politican with a backbone and good sense?
Seems we found an "unicorn".
I just love the smell of Zyklon B in the morning, afternoon, late afternoon, evening and night, for it means that I’m nicely deloused 8)

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”