Malaysian leader says "Holocaust" victim numbers debatable. Oops!

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Malaysian leader says "Holocaust" victim numbers debatable. Oops!

Postby Hannover » 2 months 1 week ago (Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:36 pm)

Well now, not exactly earth shattering, but as they say 'one thing leads to another'. And the privileged Usual Enemies of Free Speech don't like it one bit.
Have a look.

- Hannover

https://www.timesofisrael.com/at-columb ... debatable/
At Columbia, Malaysian leader says Holocaust victim numbers debatable
‘Why is it that I can’t say something against the Jews?’ asks Mahathir Mohamad, citing right to free speech
By Josefin Dolsten

Screen capture from video of Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad during an event at Columbia University, September 25, 2019. (YouTube)

NEW YORK (JTA) — The prime minister of Malaysia defended his past anti-Semitic statements and questioned the number of Jews killed during the Holocaust in a speech at Columbia University Wednesday.

“I am exercising my right to free speech. Why is it that I can’t say something against the Jews, when a lot of people say nasty things about me, about Malaysia, and I didn’t protest, I didn’t demonstrate?” Mahathir Mohamad said in response to a question from an audience member.

Mohamad, who was speaking at the college’s World Leaders Forum, has called Jews “hook-nosed,” said they “rule the world by proxy” and questioned the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust. He also has said that he is “glad to be labeled anti-Semitic.”

The 94-year-old leader returned last year as prime minister of the southeast Asian country after serving from 1981 to 2003.

In response to a question by a student who identified herself as a member of a campus pro-Israel group, Mohamad denied questioning how many Jews were killed in the Holocaust, but then went on to do so.

“Well, I have not disputed them, but I have said that ‘Who determined these numbers?’ If it is somebody who is in favor, you get one figure, if somebody who is against, you get another figure,” he said.

“So I accept that there was a Holocaust, that there were many Jews killed, and in fact at one time I was very sympathetic towards them during the war, when you were not around, but I was around at that time.”

At that point, the questioner interrupted him, saying her grandmother had been in the Holocaust. Mohamad declined to speak further about the topic.

Mohamad did express sympathy for other targeted minority groups, condemning Burma for its persecution of Rohingya Muslims and saying that the world failed to take action during the Cambodian genocide as more than 1 million people were killed.

The prime minister spoke for about 25 minutes about multilateralism and relations between Malaysia and its neighbors with moderator Lien-Hang Nguyen, an associate history professor at the university. Nguyen did not bring up Mohamad’s anti-Semitic statements.

But Vishakha Desai, a senior adviser to the Columbia president, Lee Bollinger, did bring them up in her introduction of the Malaysian leader. She also noted Malaysia’s decision earlier this year to ban Israeli athletes from participating in the 2019 World Para Swimming Championships. The International Paralympic Committee responded by stripping Malaysia of the right to host the event.

“Clearly such attitudes are absolutely contrary to what we stand for,” Desai said.

Desai also referenced a letter by Bollinger in which he defended Mohamad’s appearance on campus while also calling the leader’s remarks “abhorrent” and saying he was committed to ensuring the “safety and well-being” of Jewish students. Columbia had drawn criticism from the campus Hillel, pro-Israel groups and the Anti-Defamation League for inviting Mohamad.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

leiito

Re: Malaysian leader says "Holocaust" victim numbers debatable. Oops!

Postby leiito » 2 months 1 week ago (Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:37 am)

Dr M is a rare breed these days and having just watched several Zundel's videos recently, it would appear to me that in the past 20 years public resistance to Jewish power has been getting increasingly weaker. The same seems to go for WW2 and Holocaust revisionism, as if there's no one to replace giants like Faurisson, Mattogno or Graf. And what few there have been, the brilliant Herve Ryssen p.ex., are being persecuted and jailed. It's disheartening to watch and hard not to be pessimistic.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 2 months 1 week ago (Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:31 am)

Malaysia is majority Islamic. Most of the Islamic world categorically denies the "Holocaust" story.
The rest of the non-Western (i.e. not White and traditionally Christian) knows very little about it, does not care, and when questioned about it often believe it is an outright lie or exaggeration.

I posted an article a while ago showing a quarter of Mexicans think the Holocaust is either a hoax or exaggeration. See this thread: viewtopic.php?t=12194

What I wish could happen would be an organized debate between Revisionists and Exterminationists, with the judges being some more independent country with no significant history of Jews. Like Chinese for example, or maybe Koreans / Japanese.
"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 2 months 1 week ago (Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:41 am)

leiito wrote:Dr M is a rare breed these days and having just watched several Zundel's videos recently, it would appear to me that in the past 20 years public resistance to Jewish power has been getting increasingly weaker. The same seems to go for WW2 and Holocaust revisionism, as if there's no one to replace giants like Faurisson, Mattogno or Graf. And what few there have been, the brilliant Herve Ryssen p.ex., are being persecuted and jailed. It's disheartening to watch and hard not to be pessimistic.

I had not heard of Herve Ryssen

Can you read French?

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2019/ ... nnisme.php

What was his conviction? He could be added to this list:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12642
"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

Hieldner
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Hieldner » 2 months 1 week ago (Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:28 pm)

Lamprecht wrote:I had not heard of Herve Ryssen

Can you read French?

What was his conviction?

The article says he was convicted for making a mockery of the Holycaust by posting an image on Twitter where laughing faces of a French movie poster and the infamous entrance of the Auschwitz main camp were juxtaposed. He was sentenced to a 6000 Euro fine.

I have seen his documentary Satan in Hollywood and there are English translations of a couple of his books about Jews and anti-Semitism by Carlos Porter, but he’s not a Holocaust scholar.
»[Holocaust soap] odor, if captured and retained… would preserve the core of an individual soul… The undesirable smell of the extract spoke of the spectral Derridian trace… that continued to remind its consumers of their own bio-ontology.«—B. Shallcross

Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Dresden » 2 months 1 week ago (Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:05 pm)

Hieldner wrote:
Lamprecht wrote:I had not heard of Herve Ryssen

Can you read French?

What was his conviction?

The article says he was convicted for making a mockery of the Holycaust by posting an image on Twitter where laughing faces of a French movie poster and the infamous entrance of the Auschwitz main camp were juxtaposed. He was sentenced to a 6000 Euro fine.

I have seen his documentary Satan in Hollywood and there are English translations of a couple of his books about Jews and anti-Semitism by Carlos Porter, but he’s not a Holocaust scholar.

Here is a link to some of Herve Ryssen's works:

https://larrysmusings.com/2018/09/02/th ... ve-ryssen/
Maybe, just maybe, they believe what they are telling you about the 'holocaust', but maybe, just maybe, their contempt for your intelligence and your character is beyond anything you could ever have imagined. -- Bradley Smith

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 2 months 1 week ago (Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:50 pm)

Seems as though this Malaysian PM has spoken out against Jewish control before.

Israeli journalist and activist Uri Avnery:
Aren't the utterances of the prime minister of Malaysia, Mahathir bin Muhammad, about the Jews controlling the world, anti-Semitic?
Yes and no. They certainly illustrate the difficulty of pinning anti-Semitism down. From a factual point of view, the man was right when he asserted that the Jews have a far bigger influence than their percentage of the world's population alone would warrant. It is true that the Jews have a large influence on the policy of the United States, as well as on the American and international media.
Uri Avnery, 2004, 'Identifying the virus : Who is anti-Semitic, and who is not' https://archive.is/5pEMM#selection-457.1-461.481

Read more:
Media bias, control, & censorship / quotes of note
viewtopic.php?t=605

He has also supposedly called the Wall Street Journal a Jewish tool, banned all of Steven Spielberg's movies, and also banned Israeli athletes from participating in sports events in his country.
-- Herbert Spencer

leiito

Postby leiito » 2 months 1 week ago (Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:24 am)

Herve Ryssen is perhaps the most interesting thinker on the Jewish problem today. 4 of his documentaries including the Jewish Question are available with English subtitles and his perhaps best book, Understanding The Jews - Understanding Antisemitism, is available in English and can even be downloaded for free. I've read quite a bit of JQ literature over the years and three books really stand out for me, Ryssen's Understanding The Jews, dr Ariel Toaff Blood Passover and Roger Garaudy's The Founding Myths of Israel.

In general the French seem to be quite productive, JQ wise, Ryssen, Alain Soral, Dieudonne...

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”