First, briefly, an American High School principal resigned after backlash for a meme supposedly comparing the mask stuff to Auschwitz:
Is this "Coronavirus antisemitism"?
The photo is from a movie.School principal resigns after posting meme comparing mask wearers to Holocaust victimshttp://archive.vn/vUCT7
or http://web.archive.org/web/2020/https:/ ... ting-meme/
Apparently Melbourne, Australia is having an extreme lockdown for Covid-19.
The American Institute for Economic Research has published a first-hand account from someone living in the city: 4 August 2020 - Madness in Melbournehttp://archive.vn/7Qq2U
or http://web.archive.org/web/2020/https:/ ... melbourne/
Here is a summary of the account that I found:
- Police may now enter anyone’s home without a warrant.
- Curfew 8:00pm.
- $1,652 fine if outside without “a valid reason” – an amount being raised by the day
- Can’t visit any family or friends.
- $200 fine for no mask (mandatory masks at all times).
- Can only exercise once per day, for up to 1 hour.
- Only one person per household, per day, can leave the house (including for groceries).
- Can’t go more than 3 miles from your home.
- Weddings are illegal. No gatherings of any size.
- Army is on the streets fining/arresting people.
- “Since March 21, a total of 193,740 spot checks have been conducted by police across Victoria.”
- Protests/activism is illegal; people have already been arrested for peaceful gatherings.
- Media is EXTREMELY biased, calls protesters “right-wing conspiracy nutjobs” and won’t allow discussion of whether these lockdowns are right or not.
- Several thousand people were placed under house arrest and unable to leave for ANY reason, with food rations delivered by the army, leading to appalling levels of personal trauma.
- Australia won’t release how many fines they’ve given out, but an ABC news report says it’s over $5.2 million so far.
- Streets of Melbourne are empty, even in a city of 5 million people. People are HATEFUL to each other, everyone is cannibalizing their neighbours (calling police to report any little infraction of the rules and turning on each other like some socialist hellhole).
- Billboards outside on the street that say in capital letters: “WHAT ARE YOU DOING? STAY HOME.” They feel extremely oppressive like we’re being yelled at by a very oppressive government.
- The Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews shows complete and utter disdain for us, constantly blaming us. He’s blamed children (yes, really) for not taking this seriously enough. Every chance he gets, he tells us it’s OUR fault the virus is spreading (even though that’s what viruses do – they spread).
- It’s not just the Victorian Premier – the Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, left, is just as terrible. He’s encouraged all of this, and he was responsible for the first lockdown.
- 1984 dystopian language: billboards everywhere saying “Staying apart keeps us together.”
Will this only be an isolated event? Or will it happen to other places in the future?
In the USA, people are being charged with crimes for having parties. In some parts, the government threatened to turn off their electricity and water if they have too many people in one house:http://web.archive.org/web/2020/https:/ ... y-mansion/http://web.archive.org/web/2020/https:/ ... cetti-says
Tucker Carlson has been providing good segments on this recently as well.