The History Channel, Yet Again, Insults and Degrades Germans

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Braveheart

The History Channel, Yet Again, Insults and Degrades Germans

Postby Braveheart » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:25 pm)

Earlier this morning (8/25) I watched a documentary entitled, "The Last Days of the Reich" or something to that effect. Not surprisingly, the History Channel editors who concocted this piece went out of their way to demonize the Germans to a cruel extent and whitewash the war crimes committed by the Allies.

The narrator of this documentary discussed Dresden in a very cut-and-dry way. He did not use any negative adjectives to describe this war crime committed against a civilian population. There were no condemnations of the bombing, and I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach when he stated that up to 30,000 Germans died in the firestorms of Dresden.

30,000?!?!

No fewer than 135,000 died in Dresden!

For sure, when discussing the Holy Holocaust, the History Channel never fails to toss around "millions" without the slightest hesistation.

The narrator of "The Last Days of the Reich" then went on to insinuate that the reason why so many refugees had gathered in Dresden was because Goebbels had whipped them into a frenzy about Soviet war crimes against Germans in the eastern section of the Reich. The implied statement was, "If Goebbels hadn't wrongly scared the Germans into fleeing to Dresden, the death toll of the Aliied bombing of that city wouldn't have been so high".

Deflect blame for Dresden from the sacrosanct Allies to the Nazi Propaganda Minister - an admirable technique you have there, History Channel.

The narrator briefly mentioned the mass rapes of German women by Red soldiers, and an elderly German woman was interviewed who stated that in 1945 when she was just 16, communists overran her town, threw her in a basement where she was held for several days, and was repeatedly raped.

This testimony prompted no negative reaction from the show's narrator.

Unfortunately for our civilization, the History Channel's version of history is being taught daily in our high schools and universities.

Thank goodness the Web gives us a means to challenge the tyranny of the orthodox historians.

Dresden: A Real Holocaust

http://www.natvan.com/free-speech/fs953d.html

TRUTHATLAST

Postby TRUTHATLAST » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:27 pm)

The HC is a joke and I don't watch it as much any more especially the shows dealing with Hitler, Jews etc.
Too biased.
I now spend most of my time on the web doing my own research without the TV propaganda.
It really gets tireing watching the Germans get beat into the ground.
According to the HC, All Germans are scum and Jews the best thing since sliced bread.

gonzo

Postby gonzo » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:29 pm)

listen up guys;

I spend some time at http://history.ca/forums/...If you want to complain about their programming ...why not participate there. (WADR to the fine moderators here) Even if you pop in once a month....its good to jump into that fire once in a while where mainstream thinking rules. It is the Canadian site for History Channel....I dont think History TV in America has a discussion forum

Some others have actually had mild critcicism for them for their daily coverage of the holocaust and History TV's obsession with Adolf Hitler.

On the topic of the holocaust...use your wording very carefully or they will bann you....I enjoy the challenge, but i do focus more on exposing Bolshevism and its threat to Germany.

Posters get downright pizzed off when you inform them that "world Jewry" iniated boycotts of German goods before the Nazis did.

They get defensive when you nail them with undeniable facts. such as downgrading Auschwitz Jewish victims to 960,000 (F.Piper -curator Auschwitz).
They havent banned me yet but I am hated there....they call me a white supremacist which totally absurd. :shock:

Turpitz
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Turpitz » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:47 pm)

The HC is a joke and I don't watch it as much any more especially the shows dealing with Hitler, Jews etc. Too biased.

I have not watched the T.V. (Zionist mind narrower) or bought a paper (Zionist Journaille) for about six years! I simply came to the conclusion, that there is absolutely no point.

Those criminals cannot even tell the weather forecast without lying!

All my information comes from the Internet.

TRUTHATLAST

Postby TRUTHATLAST » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:38 pm)

TMAN

I'm the same way, pretty much rely on my travels through the internet to see whats really happening.
So far the internet hasn't been taken over by our "friends" but Im sure they are doing their best to do it.

kk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby kk » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:07 pm)

The narrator of "The Last Days of the Reich" then went on to insinuate that the reason why so many refugees had gathered in Dresden was because Goebbels had whipped them into a frenzy about Soviet war crimes against Germans in the eastern section of the Reich

Goebbels, not Ehrenburg, is the guilty one!
All rapes, murders, shootings, lootings were just a 'whipping into frenzy',
for which the 'nazis' were the instigators again!Mr Goebbels personaly!

Well, this kind of lies is so bold, it cannot last for long.
Last edited by kk on Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sushicotto

Postby Sushicotto » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:53 am)

Out of curiousity, I visited the http://history.ca/forums/ that gonzo suggested and here is an interesting piece of advice someone gave to a kid that was asking about good books on WWII.

Some advice (it’s free!) – stay away from the Internet until you acquire a solid foundation of knowledge. History, especially WWII, can be fraught with personal agendas, bias and incorrect conclusions primarily drawn from poor research skills. I tried to include some general, factual and academically accurate books (ones that can found in many libraries) written by legitimate scholars that can hopefully start you on a great path to understanding (and hopefully formulating your own informed opinion) one of history’s significant and momentous events.

In other words, do NOT venture out into the Internet until you are COMPLETELY brainwashed!
"Those unaware are unaware of being unaware." (Merrill Jenkins)

Braveheart

Postby Braveheart » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:27 am)

gonzo wrote:listen up guys;

I spend some time at http://history.ca/forums/... It is the Canadian site for History Channel....I dont think History TV in America has a discussion forum

Here it is:

http://boards.historychannel.com/

Here's a link directly to the WWII section:

http://boards.historychannel.com/forum.jsp?forum=101

It's kind of a primitive bulletin board that the HC has; it doesn't have as many features nor is it as user-friendly as this board is.

I posted many revisionist articles and links on the HC forum about a year ago, and I was never banned. I was very careful with my language, and I never responded to ad hominem attacks. After a while, however, my political activity superseded my revisionist activity. However, I hope to dive back into revisionism for a good spell in the near future.

Don't forget that the Stormfront Revisionist section could always use some bolstering from some revisionist experts:

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36

TRUTHATLAST

Postby TRUTHATLAST » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:07 am)

I'm over there now, maybe we can get others to join in and chip away at the propaganda they are showing everyone.

gonzo

Postby gonzo » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:10 am)

Braveheart
thanks i will check the American site.. My fellow Canadians at the History Canada site just simply have no idea. :( They hate my guts there, i cant understand why they havent banned me?...but i use my words carefully. (just as you do)

Sushicotto
That quote you provided is typical of their "alice in wonderland" attitudes over there.... You can tell the the most basic proven fact that revionists have revealed and that Jewish Historians begrugingly accept and they still dont want to hear it ...and then they attempt to gang up on you. Its hilarious though when you overwhelm their little virgin ears with facts...they resort to "your a nazi"..."your an anti semite" its kind of "cute" in a way.

But seriously, Its frikkin evil and their simplicity scares the crap out of me.

BTW- I am "gonzo" on the Canadian site

Sushicotto

Postby Sushicotto » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:58 am)

Gonzo,
I am sushicotto also on the Canadian site. I have become an anti-semetic neo-nazi on my first day there. Actually they accused me of being you. I am quite sure some posters are pros, they are paid to attempt to dismantle revisionist posts, and failing that, they attempt to discredit you and just spew out hate making a thread useless. Their strategy is quite predictable.

It is quite fun indeed. I just hope the readers are not limited to the posters.
"Those unaware are unaware of being unaware." (Merrill Jenkins)

gonzo

Postby gonzo » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:53 am)

Sushicotto
well how about that..... :D

I noticed your comments, and I must say I didnt realize it was you. I noticed the name was similar but didnt pay any attention.
awesome !..i will go back and check them out again...

I know I did something positive because they had two pages with my name being mentioned in evry post. :lol:

I love their topics on Schindlers List.....There comments are ..."Oh It was so awesome" or Its the best movie of all time or "It should be compulsary viewing for school kids" .

The folks there pride themselves as armchair historians , because they watch History TV and the flood of war movies that have come out in recent years...so pathetic

Scott
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Scott » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:17 am)

Sushicotto wrote:Out of curiousity, I visited the http://history.ca/forums/ that gonzo suggested and here is an interesting piece of advice someone gave to a kid that was asking about good books on WWII.

Some advice (it's free!) - stay away from the Internet until you acquire a solid foundation of knowledge. History, especially WWII, can be fraught with personal agendas, bias and incorrect conclusions primarily drawn from poor research skills. I tried to include some general, factual and academically accurate books (ones that can found in many libraries) written by legitimate scholars that can hopefully start you on a great path to understanding (and hopefully formulating your own informed opinion) one of history's significant and momentous events.

In other words, do NOT venture out into the Internet until you are COMPLETELY brainwashed!

That's actually not such bad advice.

I would, however, caution that when studying History, mainstream or otherwise, one should not become fixated on any one theme but instead make it as general as possible. It is unlikely that a particular bias, personal agenda or incorrect conclusion will crossover from one genre to another without becoming a genre of its own or even an entire school of historiographic perspective. Yet the same methods of historiography that are useful for studying Medieval times are very often entirely applicable to our own time and even the Holocaust.

It is absolutely true that one must have a solid foundation before becoming truly Internet savvy regarding good History. If nothing else a proper education teaches basic skills that are needed for separating wheat from chaff.

With respect to the Holocaust, you have to understand the other side's arguments if you hope to defeat them with sound argument. That includes testing the validity of your own arguments. You seldom do that by studying only what interests you.

:D

Turpitz
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Turpitz » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:09 pm)

Stop talking shit Scott! The standard version of modern history is vile filth.

The peddlers of this vile filth, are vile filth themselves, and they target small children and prey oin their innocent minds, so as to poison their thoughts from an early age.

With respect to the Holocaust, you have to understand the other side's arguments

A great many people do! It is the most ludicrous, farcical load of unsubstantiated crap the world has ever seen. It is supported by a herd of money-grubbing, mass murdering, psychopathic, hate-mongering Zionist fanatics. It is upheld by, control of the media and vigorous draconian laws.

That includes testing the validity of your own arguments. You seldom do that by studying only what interests you.

Maybe you could present those little words of advice to, £250,000 back-hander Van-Pelt, when he spews his ignoramous views on concrete....Ahh! the little professor and his self-amalgamating concrete.

Sailor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Sailor » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:25 pm)

We are not academically trained historians, Scott. We are common folks who like to talk about the Holocaust and who may have some doubts about certain aspects of it.

And I don't think that the other side can be defeated with sound arguments. They are believers and their minds are closed to anything that is not in agreement with their believes.

By the way Scott, why do you as the webmaster of the other board permit that certain posters can lash out at users on this board? I am not familiar with any other forum where this is allowed.

Remember Jonathan Swift?
Marcus Wendel
Jonathan Swift,
Drop that unfriendly tone and as David already has pointed out: This forum is for discussion of our own issues -- not those of other forums and other moderators.
/Marcus

For Jonathan Swift --

In addition to Mr. Wendel's caution to you posted above:

(1) The topic of this thread is "mass graves," not some other forum or the personalities of contributors to this or some other forum.

(2) The purpose of the forum is to exchange facts and viewpoints, not insults.

(3) You wrote: "On this forum, my dear Steaming Joe, I’m trying to have a discussion with Moran that I couldn’t have on the Air Photo forum due to the moderator’s censorship and banning. He has received an invitation by e-mail with a link to this thread. I made my overture deliberately provocative to improve the chances of his showing up. And I also have never been one to mince words about what I think."

I won't "mince words" with you either. I suggest you read the "sticky" post "On Civility" at the top of the index page. Provocations and insults, particularly for the purpose of satisfying a narrow personal agenda, are inappropriate here.

(4) "But whatever their [the moderators] reason for not enforcing their guidelines against you, and against others of your persuasion, the fact is that they are not enforced and that so-called Revisionists therefore have nothing to fear here."

If you're trying to be offensive, Mr. Swift, you're succeeding. The idea of having this forum is to exchange information and points of view on the holocaust and WWII war crimes. Holocaust denial is not permitted, and this policy is strictly enforced.
Mr. Swift

Who was Mr. Swift?

fge

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”