Orwell was right

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Merlin300

Orwell was right

Postby Merlin300 » 4 months 3 weeks ago (Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:01 pm)

Having seen the Taliban blow up the offensive Buddhas of Bamyan and the Red Guard smash statutes of despised historic figures at The Cemetery of Confucius, I shouldn't be surprised that the same absurd iconoclasm has come to the US of A.

Where I live, people are competing to be the first to step forward with a demand that a school, street or geographic feature have a name change from some "racist or colonialist White man" to a "hero of inclusively." It is a form of Virtue Signaling, people desperate to show how good they are.
They are the most dangerous kind.

The good news, I guess, is that dusty books on local history are now being checked out of local libraries and scoured for clues regarding every name.
I have heard the following discussion, "No, he wasn't a Confederate but his brother might have been" at our local library.
Interestingly almost all this iconoclasm is by Americans directed at their own history.

The current rash of statute smashing and name changing brings to mind the comment of that astute observer of Leftist tactics, George Orwell.
"The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.

The Mother of all this self-hating iconoclasm is the Holocaust Myth. It was created in 1945 at the Nuremberg International Tribunal partly with the purpose of destroying any sense of German national identity.
Its effect, three generations later can be seen in the current German government.
https://codoh.com/library/document/germ ... cringe/en/

CODOH founder Bradley Smith explained how the Holocaust Myth was generated, "We believe that much of that history that we are taught today has been influenced by Soviet, British and American wartime propaganda which exaggerated and exploited real tragedies for propaganda purposes.” https://codoh.com/library/document/holo ... d-heti/en/

The Holocaust Myth has been enthusiastically embraced by the complete spectrum of Western politicians, to the extent of criminalizing expression of any doubt of the official history. In the US a ministry of Truth, aka US Holocaust Memorial Museum, has been funded to rid the official history of distracting inconsistencies. The course of Holocaust Belief has followed the path described by George Orwell. The deconstruction of Western history is close behind.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. George Orwell

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”