On the recent purges by big tech media companies

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Archie

Re: On the recent purges by big tech media companies

Postby Archie » 1 week 5 days ago (Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:27 pm)

On the bright side, all this censorship is probably coming too late. They are shutting the barn door after the horse has run off.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 1 week 5 days ago (Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:06 pm)

HMSendeavour wrote:Bitchute had hosted, and still might, videos of the Christchurch massacre. If they're going to host that kind of video then they have no excuse to be banning 3-4 minute Hitler speeches and half an hour race realism videos or conference speeches by pro-white activists and academics. It's shameful what they're doing.

Maybe they're not going actively around looking for things to censor and only do so in response to an actual complaint being filed. I wouldn't be at all surprised if those Christchurch videos were censored.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
— Herbert Spencer

Snow

Postby Snow » 1 week 4 days ago (Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:13 pm)

Lamprecht wrote:Giving a heads up regarding BitChute as maybe someone else here has experienced this as well.

I have noticed that in the past few weeks a lot of videos are being quietly removed from BitChute. Videos that were on the platform for months if not years, videos that I watched literally days or weeks ago now show only the following message:
This video has been blocked for breaching the Community Guidelines, and is currently unavailable.

I have seen this too often lately for it to be dismissed a coincidence. These are not copyright-infringing videos, just the sort of content that would be removed from YouTube or other websites for "Hate speech" etc.

There was some talk by a few BitChute content creators about videos being banned from specific countries (namely Australia and parts of Europe) two months ago. I would post those videos where it was being discussed but I just checked them out again and now all I'm getting a "404 - Page not found" error. At least one of those videos giving me this error is from an account that still exists and is posting videos pretty much every day. I can't think of any reason why he would have deleted the videos.

I also don't think this is country-specific. One of those deleted videos was from an Australian uploader and he was getting a message about a video saying it was blocked in his country. (Again, the video has disappeared so I am just going off of memory).

Shorter (smaller filesize) videos can be saved with the Wayback Machine here: http://web.archive.org/save/
But beware: I do not think this is foolproof. In one case (again, this could be a fluke) I archived a video and it worked, but I checked a few days later and both the BitChute video and the archived version of the page were taken down. Archive.today will not work for videos.

If there is a good video on BitChute that you want to make sure always exists, I would suggest you download the .mp4 file. There are free websites that offer this, just Google "bitchute video downloader" there are a bunch of them, or view the page source and find where the .mp4 file is embedded and save the URL there. If you want to back up a channel with a lot of videos on it then I do have a simple script that I made that can do this with little effort. It will work if you have a website that has enough storage space, just PM me and I will send you the scripts and explain how it works. It's rather crude because it's just for personal use, but it will take a user-inputted list of BitChute URLs, rip the .mp4, and transload them all into a folder. A table can also be generated with the video's filename (it will be whatever the BitChute link is) along with the video's title and description.

I would be surprised if BitChute manages to last a whole year from now just based on the financial situation. How could a website make enough money to offer free, endless video streaming without any advertisements? It doesn't add up. If it does get shut down for lack of funds I only hope that they will give some time in advance so that we can download the videos. I wouldn't count on it though.

That's why centralize platforms (such as Youtube and BitChute) sucks and I prefer decentralize plaforms...

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”