Kentucky school official slammed for saying 2020 flu deaths minor vs. "the six million Jews who died in the death camps"

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Sannhet
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Kentucky school official slammed for saying 2020 flu deaths minor vs. "the six million Jews who died in the death camps"

Postby Sannhet » 9 months 4 days ago (Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:12 pm)

Kentucky superintendent apologizes for comments comparing COVID-19 and Holocaust victims

Billy Kobin | Louisville Courier Journal
August 10, 2020

The superintendent of a Northern Kentucky school district apologized Sunday night after he compared the number of COVID-19 victims in the Bluegrass State to the number of Holocaust victims during World War II.

Beechwood Independent Schools Superintendent Mike Stacy had initially tweeted Sunday afternoon that he was two weeks away from "getting ready for the first day" of teaching the Advanced Placement European History course at Beechwood High School.

Stacy became superintendent of the Fort Mitchell-based school district in 2015 and also teaches at the high school.

"Can't wait to get started, especially with the events of 2020," Stacy said in the since-deleted tweet. "790 total Covid deaths in KY during 2020 .... you'd have to times that by 7,600 to get the 6 million Jews that died in death camps during WWII."

Stacy's comments — which referred to the estimated number of Jewish victims killed across German-occupied Europe during the war and to the current coronavirus death toll that some organizations, though not the Kentucky Department of Public Health, have used — were quickly condemned by some in the Twittersphere.

Stacy later tweeted an apology at 10:40 p.m. Sunday, including the screenshot of an email he sent to the Beechwood Independent Schools community.

"Earlier today, I posted a comment on social media that could have been interpreted as insensitive, inconsiderate and completely out of line," Stacy's email said. "My intention was to encourage my students, over the next fourteen days, to think about history and how different moments throughout history have been dire and painful; however, I did a terrible job of conveying this thought. I am sincerely apologetic for the thoughtlessness of my words.

"I became a history teacher to help us to keep from repeating unimaginable moments in history, not offend anyone with my words," [....]

This story has several things going on:

• First, we have the clashing of two "state cults." One is the Coronavirus Pandemic narrative, which, beginning in February 2020, began the process of ascending to the status of State Cult (or even Global State Cult), a status which includes by right the mechanism to suppress dissidents. On the other hand, we have the established state cult of the Holocaust.

Does the Holocaust state-cult trump the Pandemic state-cult? Likely so. This case is not exactly a test-case of that, though; we actually see the two state-cults working in unison to suppress dissidents. People who honor the Holocaust and people who want to keep the fear of the Wuhan-Coronavirus going for one reason or another (both genuine and cynical/opportunistic), quickly closed ranks to crush a dissident against the Coronavirus Pandemic state-cult.

The school official, Dr. Mike Stacy, was trying to downplay the seriousness of the Coronavirus and trying to make an argument to open schools fully. He was quickly crushed and humiliated by making the mistake of citing the Holocaust in any way and issued an apology.

• Second, it is a reminder that a lot of people in our time use the Holocaust as a go-to general reference. The Holocaust as the moral center of history, even The Holocaust as the moral center of the universe.

• Third, we see Dr. Stacy say:
    "I became a history teacher to help us to keep from repeating unimaginable moments in history [...]"

which is a clear reference again to the Holocaust. He is either telling the truth (saying the Holocaust is his moral center) or is bending the knee to the Holocaust state-cult's power. It's likely both at the same time.

There are those who have said, in the 2000s and 2010s, that either the Holocaust itself is no longer relevant or that Holocaust Revisionism is no longer relevant. This is the kind of story that shows how relevant it still is in our time. You can find stories like this pretty much daily, and that which is reported in a formal news article is the tip of the iceberg. It's always there. It underpins very much of your world, if you are a Westerner.

Here is how Dr. Stacy chooses to represent himself on his Twitter profile:

Dr Mike S Stacy - twitter profile.png

Mike Stacy has been Superintendent of the Beechwood School District in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky (pop.: 8,000), which is in greater Cincinnati area, since being appointed in May 2015. He probably superintends about 1,250 students total, from ages 5 to 18.

He graduated from Georgetown College in Kentucky in 1994, which means he is likely born ca.1972.

Werd
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Kentucky school official slammed for saying 2020 flu deaths minor vs. "the six million Jews who died in the death ca

Postby Werd » 9 months 3 days ago (Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:24 pm)

"Can't wait to get started, especially with the events of 2020," Stacy said in the since-deleted tweet. "790 total Covid deaths in KY during 2020 .... you'd have to times that by 7,600 to get the 6 million Jews that died in death camps during WWII."

HOW IS MATH THAT AGREES WITH THE JEWISH CLAIM OF SIX MILLION ANTI SEMITIC? :roll:

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”