Biden backer uses Holocaust to warn of dangers of Trump second term

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Sannhet
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Biden backer uses Holocaust to warn of dangers of Trump second term

Postby Sannhet » 1 week 2 days ago (Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:55 am)

The below is from Twitter. Thousands of Likes and Retweets from a major Twitterer whose profile, as of this writing, solely says "#Biden2020":

JRehling @JRehling

JRiehling.jpeg
JRiehling.jpeg (19.69 KiB) Viewed 370 times

Nazi Germany didn't kill millions of people right away. It took years for the Holocaust to begin.

There is nothing Trump won't do to hold onto power. Nothing. And he's running Hitler's playbook.

September 14, 2020

Attached was this image of a Hitler vs. Trump timeline, which implies a new holocaust in the 2020s unless Trump is stopped:
Trump and Hitler - political career and Holocaust timeline.jpg

Some replies:

Sandi Bachom @sandibachom

Pay attention. I have i interviewed Holocaust survivors for years and filmed 4 trump rallies. We’re right on schedule

September 14
Marilyn Beth @msaxie

Replying to @sandibachom

Covid 19 has in it's own way hurried along the death camps. We may be farther along that line that we should be.

I've made a few threads like this in the past few weeks. I think it is illuminating to see, among other things, the status of popular thinking on what the Holocaust "is" and what Nazi Germany was. (People who do intensive research and reading on the matter might miss/forget what the common views are, or think "no one believes [x thing] anymore"). Here are a few of snapshots of the status pf Holocaust belief from the replies:
C. G. @wesew403

Replying to @JRehling [link]

They didn't just EXTERMINATE the Jewish people. They exterminated 5 MILLION non-Jews. And it wasn't just those with special needs, it was anyone who they didn't like. Who didn't look like them, think like them. Whatever reason you've got a damn good chance they'll come for you.
Josh Harris / The DNC is an Ann Coulter Republican @Heterodoxious

That's the single biggest thing people forget in light of comparisons between Trump and Hitler: The Holocaust did not happen overnight. It happened in steps, each one numbing the masses a little bit more for the next. And yes, we've already taken many of the early steps.
Kushibo MPH, docent to the parody alternate univrs @kushibo

I was just making that same point to my mom. They didn’t become the Nazis we’ve thought of since 1945 overnight. It was baby steps of “Papers, please” and deportations that escalated to ghettos, summary arrests and executions, to genocide (plus a lot of other stuff).
The above also, of course, bleed into politics. It's clear here that many people's politics are actually driven by the Holocaust. The last reply-tweeter there is implying, I think, that enforcement of immigration law is a short step from the Holocaust.

We also see the role the Holocaust plays even in inter-personal relations, including via that last guy's "I was just making this point to my mom." Several other reply people say they also had Trump-Holocaust disputes with family or friends:
BleuJeanBebe @BleuJeanBebe_TD

“Friends” have become defensive and angry when I’ve pointed out similarities btw Drumpf & Hitler. Guess the discomfort that they themselves might have some similarities to Nazis is too much for them to consider. They should feel uncomfortable, yet they lash out at me. Worth it.
Shana London @ShanaLondon1

I shared this on FB about a month ago and one entire half of my family said I was overreacting. It wasn’t the Jewish side.

These replies were selected from the top-engaged replies to the main tweet. I didn't look hard to find them.

From my perspective, all of these people look like members of a cult in several ways, with classic signs such as rejection of friends and family; paranoia; unquestioned beliefs; Holocaust core dogma itself; apocalyptic visions of the future based on Holocaust belief.

One question we might ask is, did belief in the Holocaust cause these people to think the way they do? Or do people who would have thought this way anyway use the Holocaust to justify their views?

Turpitz
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Biden backer uses Holocaust to warn of dangers of Trump second term

Postby Turpitz » 1 week 2 days ago (Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:51 am)

One question we might ask is, did belief in the Holocaust cause these people to think the way they do? Or do people who would have thought this way anyway use the Holocaust to justify their views?

Your ransid 'Education System' caused them to parrot this, these morons are incapable of critical thinking. They 'Wag the Nazis' so as to take the heat away from them. As long as you have the dastardly Nazis on a pedestal all else can proceed unhindered. You will also notice that everyone is at it. It matters little whether it is the Chabad Media or frauds like David Icke, Nigel Farage, who is handled by Rupert Murdoch. None of them can open their mouths without 'Wagging the Nazis'. Look at us, aren't we such good guys?

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 1 week 2 days ago (Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:04 am)

It's been said here there and everywhere that when a political statement uses a Hitler comparison to justify it you know they've lost the plot entirely.

There is no comparison between what Hitler may or may not have done and Donald Trump's administration. Far from it he has empowered non white job creation and repatriated US businesses to the US which has in turn created a vibrant economy and millions of new jobs. he is doing what all leaders should do; look after their own people first.

If I were an American with a vote this November I would be extremely proud to cast it for President Donald Trump.

Finally on a point of order there were no 5m others killed in the holocaust. And finally finally Hitler created millions of jobs and made Germany great again to the ire of the banking '''organisations'''.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Sannhet
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Sannhet » 1 week 2 days ago (Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:45 am)

borjastick wrote:Hitler created millions of jobs and made Germany great again to the ire of the banking '''organisations'''.

I get the feeling that anti-Hitler feeling in his time in peacetime was less intense among the chattering classes than anti-Trump feeling in our time among our broad political class.

I don't know what to attribute this to except the Holocaust's hegemonic power over our culture today, coloring people's views of reality and animating their sense of core morality and therefore at least the outlines of their politics.

A key to Trump's success IMO has been the anti-Trump drumbeat which often boils over into semi-mass hysteria ('semi' because it's restricted to one quarter to one half the population most of the time), histrionics which push neutrals into the Trump camp. They have done this since his sudden launch into political career five years ago (June 2015, announcement of presidential campaign); an unlearned lesson from 2015-16, they've kept doing it. If Trump wins in November, this will be the reason.

A Trump/Hitler distinction on pre-political lives:

• Hitler was a genuine political insurgent who came from nowhere/nothing;
  • Trump was one of the richest men in the country and a well-known celebrity for around thirty years before launching his campaign in 2015, including starring in his own popular reality TV show for almost ten years in the 2000s/2010s. I didn't watch the show but maybe catching some of one episode somewhere once, but I can confirm it was a big deal, a general reference people would use. People would jokingly use his catch phrase on the show, "You're Fired!" in the mid-2000s.

Another major difference, related to the Holocaust question, is position on Jews:

• Trump has never been an open anti-Semite in any way, though in his usual way sometimes he says or does things off the cuff that Jews claim is proof of anti-Semitism (like failing to mention Jews in a presidential memo on Holocaust Remembrance Day in 2017(?).

Sannhet
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Sannhet » 1 week 2 days ago (Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:22 am)

Thinking about election season in the US, another Hitler/Trump electoral parallel occurs to me:

In Nazi/Holocaust discussions, you sometimes hear people say things like this:

"Hitler never got a majority of the vote but seized power anyway. Hitler's manipulation of the electoral system was the first dark step in his genocidal plans. The first step on the road to the gas chambers."

In the critical July 1932 election, the NSDAP won 31.3% of all German adult citizens' votes (37.3% of votes cast; 84% of eligible voters cast a vote). US presidents in recent decades usually win with about this same figure (votes received / all adult citizens) -- higher vote shares but lower voter turnouts.

Trump already won once despite receiving 2% fewer overall votes than his opponent in 2016. Of course this is because of the US presidential "election college" (a relic of the days when the 'states' were considered sovereign entities, as they definitely were in the late 18th century and as they still partly were throughout the 19th century); Hitler won despite not receiving a majority thanks to the support of the minor German National People's Party, a middle-class Protestant party with solid support all across northern and central Germany in its time (an ethnocultural-political element once the dominant driving force in Germany but which was hurt had by the loss of WWII, the loss of eastern Germany to the border changes, and Holocaust propaganda often indirectly blaming this group for the Holocaust itself).

For Hitler, it was alliance with a secondary established party, the usual way coalitions are formed in parliamentary systems; for Trump, it will be appeal (again) to neutrals and marginals in these key states.

Meanwhile, Trump's electoral college majority in 2020 depends likewise on which way a specific group of people choose to go: The marginal/"swing" voters in only about ten states, few of which are in the areas of most intense elite concentration and power (excluding "college towns"), most of which are in the Midwest. They are: Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania. These states have an aggregate of 82 electoral votes today (before the new census updates the totals for the 2020s), 15% of total, and all could go either way.

Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania

By the way, also tangential to the Holocaust and its indirect influence on electoral politics in our time:

The aggregate German ancestral component in these critical states is substantial, incidentally; it is said that 20% of overall White American ancestral stock is German, but in this group of states it is substantially more. In some of them, Scandinavian forming an important ancestral component and other NW European/Germanic form the bulk of the rest. There are concentric circles of imputed guilt for the Holocaust, I think, and the closer they are to the North German core Holocaust-perpetrator ethnicity, the more guilty you are made to feel under Holocaust cultural hegemony.

While obviously no one is casting a vote in 2020 directly due to the Holocaust, the cultural power of the story influences people's baseline attitudes. We are familiar with the concept/term "Self-Hating Jew." For some reason the phenomenon of the Holocaust-propaganda-addled Self-Hating German (or Self-Hating NW European, given the concentric circles of guilt concept aforementioned) is seldom remarked upon.

Turpitz
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Turpitz » 1 week 2 days ago (Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:19 pm)

I don't subscribe to the hallowed Trump theme. I believe the whole setup to be rotten to the core. When he starts investigating 9/11 or the geo-engineering, stop the funding to Israel, stop fighting Israel's wars, locks up Clinton (like he promised he would) and stops playing along with this Coronavirus bullshit, give me a shout. America is going down it was decided a long time ago. All the wealth and industry will be moved to communist China, the west is to be purposely bankrupted.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 1 week 2 days ago (Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:46 pm)

Sannhet wrote:In Nazi/Holocaust discussions, you sometimes hear people say things like this:

"Hitler never got a majority of the vote but seized power anyway. Hitler's manipulation of the electoral system was the first dark step in his genocidal plans. The first step on the road to the gas chambers."

In the critical July 1932 election, the NSDAP won 31.3% of all German adult citizens' votes (37.3% of votes cast; 84% of eligible voters cast a vote). US presidents in recent decades usually win with about this same figure (votes received / all adult citizens) -- higher vote shares but lower voter turnouts.

Yes, and sometimes people will make a big fuss about how Hitler became chancellor without being directly voted into that position. This thread is relevant:

How did Hitler come to power // The rise of the NSDAP
viewtopic.php?t=12669

Including this useful graphic:

The USA has a 2-party system but most countries do not. In the USA, other parties (besides Democrat and Republican) do not really have much of a chance at all in winning the election.
HMS also posted:

If we are to believe the standard "Holocaust" narrative, the decision to exterminate Jews was not taken until late 1941 or early 1942. Hitler was appointed chancellor of Germany in 1933 and it was in September 1939 that Europe broke out in war after Britain and France declared war on Germany.
Also relevant: viewtopic.php?t=3850
Lamprecht wrote:
At the Irving-Lipstadt libel trial it was conceded by Lipstadt’s team of anti-revisionist Holocaust experts that prior to 1941 there was no Nazi policy to exterminate Jewry. Justice Gray noted: “It is common ground between the parties [Irving and Lipstadt’s team of Holocaust experts] that, until the latter part of 1941, the solution to the Jewish question which Hitler preferred was their mass deportation.”56 The anti-revisionist experts at the Irving-Lipstadt libel trial further admitted: “…that in the 1930s Hitler should not be understood to have been speaking in a genocidal terms.”57
56. See Judge Gray’s “Judgment” in the Irving-Lipstadt libel trial, online: https://archive.is/sFd8u, paragraph 13.26.

57. Ibid, paragraph 13.27.
In Defense of Holocaust Revisionism: A Response to Shermer and Grobman's Denying History
http://www.vho.org/tr/2002/1/tr09denyhist.html
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
— Herbert Spencer

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 week 1 day ago (Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:23 pm)

Just shows you that the Holocaust is a 'civil religion' - Works like in the past, when one prince invoked how catholic he is, while the competitors are heretics.

Lets hope they overdo the whole thing. There is nothing the Holocaust can do for people. The Catholics at least provided some social services and produced beautiful art work. The Holocaustolics got an exclusively ugly cultural production and all they do is to suck dry the people they manipulated.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”