Facebook Bans "Holocaust Denial"

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Archie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Facebook Bans "Holocaust Denial"

Postby Archie » 1 week 13 hours ago (Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:19 pm)

[This has been split from the following thread:
On the recent purges by big tech media companies
Webmaster]

Update: Facebook has “officially” banned holocaust denial. I think in practice it was already severely limited. Still bad news.

Facebook is expanding its hate speech policy to include content that "denies or distorts the Holocaust," a major shift for the platform, which has repeatedly come under fire for its inaction on hateful and false information.

In announcing the policy change, Monika Bickert, Facebook's vice president of content policy, wrote in a blog post that the decision was "supported by the well-documented rise in anti-Semitism and the alarming level of ignorance about the Holocaust." She cited a recent survey that found almost a quarter of adults in the US between the ages of 18 and 39 believed the Holocaust was a myth.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/12/tech/facebook-holocaust-denial-hate-speech/index.html
Last edited by Webmaster on Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts from another thread

PrudentRegret

Re: Facebook Bans Holocaust Denial

Postby PrudentRegret » 1 week 9 hours ago (Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:41 pm)

Archie wrote:Update: Facebook has “officially” banned holocaust denial. I think in practice it was already severely limited. Still bad news.

It's not bad news. Let the ADL flex hard power and show the entire world what they are trying to do. It would be "bad news" if they didn't care whether or not Revisionism can be openly discussed on Facebook because that would mean they are confident the Holocaust mythos can stand on its own at this point. But they know the consensus they've built with tyrannical methods in the past 80 years is fragile.

Darkest before the dawn, etc. etc.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 1 week 7 hours ago (Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:30 pm)

Archie wrote:Update: Facebook has “officially” banned holocaust denial. I think in practice it was already severely limited. Still bad news.

Yes I noticed a major group was gone, asked about it. Now I understand what happened. Oh well, it was bound to happen as I have been saying.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
— Herbert Spencer

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 week 7 hours ago (Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:42 pm)

https://about.fb.com/news/2020/10/remov ... l-content/

They mention the "well documented rise in anti-semitism." I read in Norman Finkelstein's book The Holocaust Industry that the media always reports a rise in anti-semitism. I read that years ago, and sure enough since then I've observed that the media is always reporting on the "alarming rise in antisemitism" in the Fake News. I've personally seen this for 20 years! Reported every couple months, as if new and unusual and specific to the present moment.

we recently banned anti-Semitic stereotypes about the collective power of Jews that often depicts them running the world or its major institutions.

Except Zuckerberg himself is a Jew who runs a major world institution. Later this Press Release will ironically discuss Jewish Institutions with "a global reach" influencing Facebook's censorship policies.

Today’s announcement marks another step in our effort to fight hate on our services.

Calling Holocaust Denial "hate" is the main strategy to prevent the masses from seeing it's a myth.

According to a recent survey of adults in the US aged 18-39, almost a quarter said they believed the Holocaust was a myth, that it had been exaggerated or they weren’t sure.

Why can't they link to the survey? Or have a footnote at the bottom? I would like to know about that survey and who did it. Because I'd bet there was a hidden agenda for it to be used like it's used here.

Institutions focused on Holocaust research and remembrance, such as Yad Vashem, have noted that Holocaust education is also a key component in combatting anti-Semitism.
The read between the lines here is that the holocaust myth is a tool used to keep people from getting mad at Jews for the power they have and what they do with that power. Connecting the dots that Jeffrey Epstein, Bernie Madoff, Harvey Weinstein, owners of media, et. al. are Jews. The holocaust myth, you can see here, is directly related to promoting and preserving Jewish power in a Public Relations sort of way. And really that's why, despite the First Amendment, you're not allowed to say it on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc.
For many years, we have worked with communities around the world to help us understand how hatred, including anti-Semitism, is expressed online. These efforts have included regular discussions with groups that have a global reach, like the World Jewish Congress and the American Jewish Committee,
But shouldn't this statement be banned from Facebook? Because they said above "we recently banned anti-Semitic stereotypes about the collective power of Jews." But here they mention the collective power of Jews with "a global reach" to promote censorship.
We are grateful to many partners for their input and candor as we work to keep our platform safe.
'hate' and its antipode 'safe' the bookends to the press release. To make the public believe there is a lurking evil behind holocaust denial. This past Summer the burning and rioting of the Antifa/Black Lives Matter movement was never couched as "hate" and "safe" but holocaust denial is! LOL.

October 12, 2020
By Monika Bickert, VP of Content Policy

Today we are updating our hate speech policy to prohibit any content that denies or distorts the Holocaust.

Organizations that study trends in hate speech are reporting increases in online attacks against many groups worldwide, and we continue our efforts to remove it. We have banned more than 250 white supremacist organizations and updated our policies to address militia groups and QAnon. We also routinely ban other individuals and organizations globally, and we took down 22.5 million pieces of hate speech from our platform in the second quarter of this year. Following a year of consultation with external experts, we recently banned anti-Semitic stereotypes about the collective power of Jews that often depicts them running the world or its major institutions.

Today’s announcement marks another step in our effort to fight hate on our services. Our decision is supported by the well-documented rise in anti-Semitism globally and the alarming level of ignorance about the Holocaust, especially among young people. According to a recent survey of adults in the US aged 18-39, almost a quarter said they believed the Holocaust was a myth, that it had been exaggerated or they weren’t sure.

Institutions focused on Holocaust research and remembrance, such as Yad Vashem, have noted that Holocaust education is also a key component in combatting anti-Semitism. Beginning later this year, we will direct anyone to credible information off Facebook if they search for terms associated with the Holocaust or its denial on our platform.

For many years, we have worked with communities around the world to help us understand how hatred, including anti-Semitism, is expressed online. These efforts have included regular discussions with groups that have a global reach, like the World Jewish Congress and the American Jewish Committee, as well as organizations focused on protecting local Jewish communities such as Community Security Trust in the UK. We’ve also worked with institutions and groups that combat hate and anti-Semitism such as the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

Enforcement of these policies cannot happen overnight. There is a range of content that can violate these policies, and it will take some time to train our reviewers and systems on enforcement. We are grateful to many partners for their input and candor as we work to keep our platform safe.
Last edited by Carto's Cutlass Supreme on Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 20 times in total.

JLAD Prove Me Wrong
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Facebook Bans "Holocaust Denial"

Postby JLAD Prove Me Wrong » 1 week 6 hours ago (Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:55 pm)

Will Facebook also ban denial of the Rwandan genocide and the Armenian genocide, or just the holocaust?
If your beliefs cannot stand up to your own sincere scrutiny and skeptical evaluation, they are not worth having.

https://freespeechmonika.wordpress.com/ ... t-details/

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 week 4 hours ago (Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:38 pm)

As is frequently said:

"Only lies require censorship"

"Only liars are afraid of debate".

The point being, there is no way that The Holocau$t Industry can prove what was simply impossible and utterly lacking in proof.
And like Zionist dominated governments, Zuckerberg finally realizes that fact and is simply resorting to repression of free speech.

No doubt about it, the squeeze is on the US Congress.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 1 week 1 hour ago (Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:18 am)

I recommend the following thread which contains a plethora of information revealing the extreme level of bias and censorship in the mass media. It was first made in 2003 but a year and a half ago I decided to post a large compilation of information on the subject:
Media bias, control, & censorship / quotes of note
viewtopic.php?t=605

Also:
Facebook 'danger to public health' warns report by activist grop Avaaz
viewtopic.php?p=98168#p98168

#NoDenyingIt - "Holocaust survivors" launch "campaign" demanding Jewish CEO of Facebook censor "Holocaust denial"
viewtopic.php?t=13412

They've been trying to ban all "Holocaust Denial" from Facebook for a while, it was only a matter of time..
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
— Herbert Spencer

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 6 days 19 hours ago (Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:31 am)

A good point made above which is well consideration. That every year zionist storm troopers claim anti-zionism is rising. This has been the case for as long as I can remember and is always used as a lever to the media and politicians to clamp down further and in this case ban any discussion about their holocaust.

The bottom line is simple if year on year, decade after decade, anti-semitism had risen the evidence of anti-semitism would be massively visible to anyone who cared to look out of their windows. We would see and hear people protesting the jew and his values/behaviour. But instead we do not.

In my opinion the only people responsible for a rise in anti-semitism is in fact the jews themselves.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

DogmatischenSchlumer

Postby DogmatischenSchlumer » 6 days 11 hours ago (Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:13 pm)

I wonder if these photographs can get me banned, after all it does distort the narrative.

(real gas chambers, Jews getting naked, not for the purpose of humiliation but medical procedures against epidemics...)

https://www.bild.bundesarchiv.de/dba/en ... I-134-0766

I've explored this forum for a while and have not seen any mention of these photographs as of yet, so enjoy (I wonder how the "Believers" will react to them)

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 5 days 18 hours ago (Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:01 am)

JLAD Prove Me Wrong wrote:Will Facebook also ban denial of the Rwandan genocide and the Armenian genocide, or just the holocaust?

Add the Dresden Holocaust. It's denied quite often.

On a serious note. The fact that institutions ban "Holocaust Denial", won't help them in the long run. The thing is that most people don't really care (why should they) - So the Holocaust Lobby can continue perpetuating myth and propaganda suiting their narrative. Which is of course a supportive construction for a number of other agendas being pushed.

DissentingOpinions

Postby DissentingOpinions » 5 days 18 hours ago (Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:34 am)

Don’t forget the Holodomor - bring that up in detail & you’re automatically labelled an anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist. Funny how a fake genocide can overshadow so many real ones & you can’t talk about them.

Archie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Archie » 5 days 14 hours ago (Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:23 pm)

DissentingOpinions wrote:Don’t forget the Holodomor - bring that up in detail & you’re automatically labelled an anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist. Funny how a fake genocide can overshadow so many real ones & you can’t talk about them.

They are hyper-sensitive about claims of wrongdoing against them. There's the "blood libel" they always talk about. The Anti-Defamation League. When it comes to their crimes, Jews suddenly become eager revisionists.

If you tell the truth about Jews, that's defamation, libel, hate speech

If you object to Jews defaming others this is also hate speech.

Terms like "double standards" and "hypocrisy" are really not even adequate to describe this. It's even more egregious than that.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Facebook Bans "Holocaust Denial Content" and "Anti-Vaccine Ads"

Postby Lamprecht » 4 days 9 hours ago (Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:35 pm)

Looks like they're not stopping at "Holocaust denial" but also anything critical of vaccines. This is certainly related to the Covid-19 hysteria going on now. They are using artificial intelligence to help with this.

Facebook Is Banning Anti-Vaccine Ads and Holocaust Denial Content. Will It Work?
http://archive.fo/51SIf | https://www.popularmechanics.com/cultur ... ccine-ads/

As pointed out by JLAD, Twitter has also just banned "Holocaust denial" - right after Facebook. The censorship is getting extreme.
— Herbert Spencer

Archie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Facebook Bans "Holocaust Denial Content" and "Anti-Vaccine Ads"

Postby Archie » 4 days 7 hours ago (Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:17 pm)

Lamprecht wrote:Looks like they're not stopping at "Holocaust denial" but also anything critical of vaccines.

A lot of this is cast as fighting "disinformation" and "conspiracy theories," even things that aren't of much direct political importance. For instance, I noticed YouTube for a while has been placing banners on videos on certain subjects that direct the viewer to some "approved" source of information. This started during the Russia-gate hoax and the panic about foreign disinformation campaigns. The flagged topics included the usual things like the Holocaust and 9/11, but the net is much wider than just those obvious ones.

For example, flat earth theories. JFK assassination also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gHbwT_R9t0

Part of it is that they want to bundle holocaust denial with a lot of other "kooky" to poison the well. But I think the main reason for it is that they realize that straight up shutting down people for political speech doesn't look very good, especially in the USA. Hence they prefer to take the superficially more politically neutral disinformation angle. Another part of it is that they want to train people to only rely on "trusted" sources (CNN, Wikipedia, etc).

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 4 days 7 hours ago (Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:27 pm)

Archie:
YouTube for a while has been placing banners on videos on certain subjects that direct the viewer to some "approved" source of information... For example, flat earth theories. JFK assassination also.

Personally that doesn't bother me all that much, especially compared to the other things they are doing. Users could "fact check" these "fact checkers" in the comments - or even the video creator in the video description. But in the case of "Holocaust denial" it is completely banned from YouTube. You cannot even post links to CODOH in the comments section of a video, it will be "shadow banned" - meaning that it looks like the post went through for you but nobody else can see it. I noticed this when trying to post CODOH forum links in the comments section of David Cole's YouTube videos on revisionism.
— Herbert Spencer

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”