Wimkin

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
JLAD Prove Me Wrong
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Wimkin

Postby JLAD Prove Me Wrong » 3 months 3 weeks ago (Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:22 pm)

In light of the banning of revisionist content on Facebook and Instagram, a new social media website by the name of Wimkin has emerged from the shadows, and is like Facebook, but without the crushing censorship. The website is new, and appears to be largely Trump supporters, but hopefully, it will eventually overshadow Facebook, and cause Mark Zuckerberg to go bankrupt.

Perhaps CODOH could also make a page there, where the holocaust would be dismantled, and historical truth would prevail?
If your beliefs cannot stand up to your own sincere scrutiny and skeptical evaluation, they are not worth having.

https://freespeechmonika.wordpress.com/ ... t-details/

Re: Wimkin

Postby Moderator » 3 months 3 weeks ago (Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:26 pm)

JLAD:
Perhaps CODOH could also make a page there, where the holocaust would be dismantled, and historical truth would prevail?

I suggest that you contact CODOH's Germar Rudolf about that here:
https://codoh.com/contact-us/
M1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 3 months 3 weeks ago (Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:48 pm)

There was a front web page New York Times article on that today:
11/11/20 NYT
Fact-Checked on Facebook and Twitter, Conservatives Switch Their Apps

Since the election, millions have migrated to alternative social media and media sites like Parler, Rumble and Newsmax.

Translation: The ones they mention are probably honey pots, controlled opposition, and the one to go to is Wimkin. Maybe.

JLAD Prove Me Wrong
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby JLAD Prove Me Wrong » 3 months 3 weeks ago (Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:55 pm)

Moderator wrote:JLAD:

M1

Just emailed him. If he responds, I will post his response here.
If your beliefs cannot stand up to your own sincere scrutiny and skeptical evaluation, they are not worth having.

https://freespeechmonika.wordpress.com/ ... t-details/

Postby Moderator » 3 months 3 weeks ago (Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:39 pm)

JLAD Prove Me Wrong wrote:
Moderator wrote:JLAD:

M1

Just emailed him. If he responds, I will post his response here.

Excellent.

Thanks, M1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 3 months 3 weeks ago (Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:04 pm)

Carto's Cutlass Supreme wrote:There was a front web page New York Times article on that today:
11/11/20 NYT
Fact-Checked on Facebook and Twitter, Conservatives Switch Their Apps

Since the election, millions have migrated to alternative social media and media sites like Parler, Rumble and Newsmax.

Translation: The ones they mention are probably honey pots, controlled opposition, and the one to go to is Wimkin. Maybe.

I wonder if it's really "fact checking" what annoys people. Fact checking the "fact checkers" mostly reveals either pedantic attempts at correction or that an article was actually true, it could just have been present differently as well. Or it's outright denial of evidence as in the case of the election fraud. Facebook, Twitter, Youtube did shutdown accounts, block content or obstruct in other ways. Guess that's the reason people move to other provider, which is actually a good thing, if those become real competition to the afore mentioned.

The mentioning might as well be random. Doesn't mean there are honey pots outside there. The issue is that one a) can reach an audience at an alternative site b) That it will be stable in terms of existence and policy making it worthwhile to build some media presence there.

The bright side of censorship may be that people will be more careful with their wording, speak more through the flower, which may actually get more attention. It's kind of like in the former Eastern Block were people found ways to communicate dissent in a way that didn't ring bells of easy picking for the omnipresent snitches and security personnel. Obvious ranting is mostly counterproductive anyway, but I noticed that informative content seems to be higher on the priority list than insults, threats and incitement to violence.

Oh, as for Eastern Block - It wasn't the public opinion that kept those systems going, the shear fact that people couldn't really organise kept them down until glasnost. The trust between people had been curbed via the snitch systems build by the security apparatus, since communities were mostly ethnically homogeneous the social trust level was otherwise rather high. But it was about helping each other out due to the shortages. Makes one think why the Western extreme left is so sanctimonious and pushy about diversity. I recall studies about how this actually affects social cohesion, trust, etc.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 3 months 3 weeks ago (Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:49 pm)

I haven't heard of Wimkin until now. How many people actually use it? Maybe it will become more popular, but it will take a while for Facebook to be replaced. It took a while for Facebook to replace Myspace, and so many people use Facebook that it would difficult if not impossible for it to be replaced. Most people that use Facebook aren't posting anything that is putting them at risk for a ban.
Hektor wrote:I recall studies about how this actually affects social cohesion, trust, etc.
I suggest:

Lessons of the Holocaust: Diversity + Proximity = War?
viewtopic.php?t=12362
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
— Herbert Spencer

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”