Moderator Question: Any other subjects that you want a forum to discuss / debate?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!

Moderator Question: Any other subjects that you want a forum to discuss / debate?

Postby Moderator » 1 week 1 hour ago (Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:04 pm)

Given that some threads go off topic and given that we have forums for other subjects (scroll down here: https://forum.codoh.com/), I'm wondering if any of you think we need additional forums for other subjects.
Thoughts appreciated.
Thanks, M1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

HMSendeavour
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Moderator Question: Any other subjects that you want a forum to discuss / debate?

Postby HMSendeavour » 1 week 1 hour ago (Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:19 pm)

Yes. It's been my thoughts for a while that there has been many threads that simply discuss current events and clutter the Holocaust forum. Those threads tend not to discuss historical events dealing with the actual details of the Holocaust.

Those current events are usually tied into the way the memory of the Holocaust is utilised in various ways today, and not the actual event itself.

I think another forum to distinguish actual historical discussions, and current event issues would be useful.

There are many subjects that are worthy of discussion and debate. Whether it be about race or even just politics. Lamprecht is a proficient and knowledgeable fellow in this regard as well, not just on Holocaust related topics. Although it begs the question whether another forum should be created if it isn't expected to have much activity.
Now what does it mean for the independent expert witness Van Pelt? In his eyes he had two possibilities. Either to confirm the Holocaust story, or to go insane. - Germar Rudolf, 13th IHR Conference

Kretschmer

Re: Moderator Question: Any other subjects that you want a forum to discuss / debate?

Postby Kretschmer » 6 days 23 hours ago (Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:41 pm)

I think that one era that is particularly overlooked in its importance within the field of revisionism is believe it or not, the Middle Ages. While there are lies which circulate about just about every event and era in the historical record, there are plenty of so-called "facts" about the Medieval Era that are used to delegitimize or slander elements of Europe that are particularly despised by the very same court historians behind the Holocaust narrative.

Topics of interest in a hypothetical Medieval Revisionism Forum would likely be the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, the alleged crackdown on the sciences by the Church, the Barbary Slave Trade, the Germanic and West Slavic Migrations, the myth of the "Dark Ages" and so on. Also, I agree with HMSendeavour in his suggestions, as I believe that thoughts on current politics should be organized in a separate Forum as well.
"In all of mankind's conflicts involving deaths by chemical warfare, pesticides were the ideal weapon of choice" - said no chemist or historian ever. :lol:

JLAD Prove Me Wrong
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby JLAD Prove Me Wrong » 6 days 21 hours ago (Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:28 pm)

Yes. Considering the ADL’s strangling hands on social media, I support a sub forum to talk about social media options that are not Facebook, YouTube, or Reddit. Alternatives include but are not limited to, Gab, Wimkin, and VK.

Also not a holocaust topic, but since you asked, I also would support a sub forum to dismantle circumcision propaganda. The debate on circumcision in America has similarities to holocaust propaganda, in that no matter how many facts you show someone regarding it, they still defend the legality of such cruelty.
If your beliefs cannot stand up to your own sincere scrutiny and skeptical evaluation, they are not worth having.

https://freespeechmonika.wordpress.com/ ... t-details/

HMSendeavour
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby HMSendeavour » 6 days 16 hours ago (Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:27 am)

Kretschmer wrote:I think that one era that is particularly overlooked in its importance within the field of revisionism is believe it or not, the Middle Ages. [...] Topics of interest in a hypothetical Medieval Revisionism Forum would likely be the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, the alleged crackdown on the sciences by the Church, the Barbary Slave Trade, the Germanic and West Slavic Migrations, the myth of the "Dark Ages" and so on. Also, I agree with HMSendeavour in his suggestions, as I believe that thoughts on current politics should be organized in a separate Forum as well.

I would have to agree with this wholeheartedly too. Although I would include the myth of the Islamic Golden-age which is used in conjunction with the "Dark Ages" to mitigate the achievements of Europeans. I was actually thinking about this very topic only a few weeks ago.

JLAD Prove Me Wrong wrote: I also would support a sub forum to dismantle circumcision propaganda.

This is too niche of a subject to dedicate a forum and looks very weird to an outside viewer. Threads on this topic would be suited to the current events/politics sub-forum - not as a forum within itself.
Now what does it mean for the independent expert witness Van Pelt? In his eyes he had two possibilities. Either to confirm the Holocaust story, or to go insane. - Germar Rudolf, 13th IHR Conference

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 6 days 6 hours ago (Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:47 am)

Israel. It is related to this subject matter
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
— Herbert Spencer

Postby Moderator » 6 days 5 hours ago (Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:45 am)

All good suggestions.

I was also thinking The US 'Civil War'.
M1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 6 days 4 hours ago (Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:59 am)

I would like to change my suggestion to Israel + Zionism
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
— Herbert Spencer

HMSendeavour
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby HMSendeavour » 4 days 14 hours ago (Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:16 am)

A thread for the discussion of race realism/HBD would be good as well.

We could certainly attract more people to the forum by incorporating these other topics as sub-fourms. Thereby people interested in these other topics would come into contact with information about Holocaust Revisionism. This could prove to be a very productive contribution to the advancement of Holocaust Revisionism by making these forums available for other groups of people who already share a suspicion that all is not as it seems on other topics that serve as widely held political dogma in the West.

EtienneSC
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby EtienneSC » 4 days 10 hours ago (Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:11 am)

I sometimes think that CODOH gives too much prominence to the Holocaust in its own name. It could be renamed the Committee for Open Debate on History if it is to expand its areas of discussion, whilst retaining the holocaust as a key field. The main area of expertise of most participants is history, so it would only carry authority subjects related to that.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”